By Aurich

2 years ago

Stats

• 1,817 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 299 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170711_204158 (resized).jpg
    20170711_204145 (resized).jpg
    20170711_204208 (resized).jpg
    playfield doodle.jpg
    IMG_0619 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0415 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0399 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9575 (resized).JPG
    gunclub (resized).png
    IMG_9498 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9492 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9502 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9499 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9413 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20161111_140114262 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

You may want to get in touch with this guy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-taf

AFAIK he's mentioned in several threads that he's been slowly assembling STLs (or something I assume you could export as an STL with some reasonable level of fidelity) for his render projects.

#101 2 years ago

Why doesn't someone just make and maybe even sell *just* shooter lanes for whitewoods with a clamp assembly or something? It seems like a lot less work to cut out the corner of a prototype playfield and screw or clamp a pre-routed shooter lane in place than to route each playfield.

Also, why do we need shooter lanes on new games? Because those flipperless gobble-hole pins from the 20s had them?

1 week later
    #479 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

I'm pretty sure you can just say "C++11" and most C++ purists will just back away...

Hey... I like tuples...

1 week later
    #542 2 years ago

So, lets say I have a mixed bag of logic controllers with reasonable built-in protection available, and I'm using a quality regulated power supply.

Is anyone aware of any good (read cheap and robust) really basic driver boards with just a bunch of MOSFETs and maybe (a) fuse(s)?

I'm aware of a few of the Pinball-oriented driver boards available as replacement parts or development platforms, but they have way more bells and whistles than I need or want right now. I'm looking for a "save me twenty minutes soldering MOSFETs and/or mounting breadboards in my cabinet" type board. Super basic.

5 months later
    #941 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-chapter-in-pinball-game-development-has-begun

Maybe not quite a whitewood... call it a screenwood?

In any case, Multimorphic posted yesterday that their development kit is available to design games. Awesome stuff, I'm seeing what I can do with it right now. Obviously there's no hardware available yet to flip with so it's just simulated in Unity but it that does look pretty promising.

#944 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Developing a P3 game is going to be a ridiculous amount of work. And without a large built in base the payoff just isn't there. Multimorphic needs to prove the platform, ship games, and demonstrate some viability before anyone is going to jump into that pool.
    I wish them luck! But there's a real hill to climb in front of them just to see some first party success, definitely feels too early for expecting 3rd party support. IMHO.

Respect you a lot, Aurich, but going to have to disagree with most of your assertions there.

However much work it is to develop a p3 game, it's going to be less than starting from scratch. Adding 2d art and blinking lights to a screen in Unity is not that difficult. If you've used Photoshop you can do it.

As for third party support, I don't think that is the intent of the release based on the other thread. Seems more like something they're putting out there so that anyone that feels like it can get their hands dirty using a simulator.

Didn't Heigway try to do something similar but with the caveat of "we own everything you create" only a month or so ago? No such restrictions here as far as I can tell.

#975 2 years ago

You could almost certainly build a two-axis servo mechanism to individually control targets within a bank of drop targets for a whopping fifteen or twenty bucks (retail cost). Those individual small solenoids are what, 10 bucks each?

I'd put in a position that reset the whole bank while I was at it, but you could do any combination of linked targets with some offset contact brackets or whatever the appropriate term for those would be. You'd have to consider how to account for failure modes where things bind up, the plates get bent or fatigue, or the servo is misaligned. I feel like it'd take up more space as well compared to the older mini-solenoids. Also requires more control logic. Hmm.

2 months later
    #1151 2 years ago

I think Zitt used hall effect sensors in the mirror universe pin.

1 week later
    #1156 2 years ago
    Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

He is using glass epoxy/photo epoxy to coat the playfield instead of a clearcoat.

I'll be very interested to see how it holds up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    € 3.20
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 60.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 143.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 110.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside