fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

GnR looks interesting, but my money's going to Avengers.

After 8 years, JJP has yet to make a game compelling enough for me to own. I had a WOZ for a while but it just doesn't shoot well IMHO and I eventually got rid of it. Hobbit, DI, Pirates and Wonka all pretty good games (well, maybe not hobbit), but price and other issues keep me away. In the meantime I've gotten a Maiden and JP2 from Stern and am enjoying the hell out of both of those games. Elwin is bringing new and refreshing ideas and his games shoot great.

GnR might finally be *the* JJP worth getting, but there's no hurry, and I don't see it affecting other games' value. Pinball market overal is too big and there's not that many GnR fans out there who want a pinball machine. Remember, this band is 35 years old </odin>

#62 3 years ago

We've come full circle...

WOZ was all about the RGB LEDs
Hobbit was all about the droptargets
DI was the return of Lawlor
PoTC was Eric debut
Wonka was cost cutting after Pirates
and now GnR is all about RGB LEDs again

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This is just as normal as nobody finding an electronic tube fat tv great anymore

We beg to differ..

https://old.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/

CRTs still offer no motion blur whatsoever, something even the best OLED sets have trouble with. BFI still isn't where it needs to be.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Didn’t you and others say they would never sell out of $12500 collectors editions?

I never said that.. until this thread I rarely commented on JJP. I had no idea their prior CEs hadn't sold out either.

I think they left money on the table at 500 CEs for GnR, but not sure if they realized it would be as big a hit as it is.

I do NOT like them limiting playfield features to the CE. Stern does this correctly with just the extra bling for "CE" and the JJP policy discourages me from considering their games. I want a chance to try the different playfields before buying... if they won't offer that chance, I am less likely to buy any of them.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Now Iron Maiden pro there’s a stripped down game!

Iron Maiden Pro has more flippers (4) than GnR LE. It has two spinners, three ramps, two upper loops and very well-written rules. It does NOT have 600 RGB LEDs.

Which game sounds more fun to play?

EDIT, was thinking the flipper was removed from LE, that's the coma mech.. GnR LE does have same amount. SE loses the 4th.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I owned a IMDN LE for a couple months. Its a nice shooter, but its not in the same league as JJP's new GNR.

And how many games of GnR have you played?

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And how many games of GnR have you played?

None, but I'm not comparing gameplay yet. JJP's *past* games haven't been too compelling for me, but this one is still unknown.

I will say the playfield layout looks pretty standard whereas JP2 and Avengers mixed it up a bit more.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Extra flippers don't always make a better game. I have one in my lineup that I positively hate at times since the extra flipper will block the path of the ball if not sucked back in promptly.

Agree that extra flippers aren't always good (see: Laser Ball) .. in this case (maiden) the flippers are two staged, and you can skillfully drop the uppers to make the orbits when needed.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ZERO....to me theme matters thus the type of music matters

And that's a perfectly good reason to choose GnR over other titles.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Say what you want but Rush total album sales is 40 million to GnRs 100 million. Personally, GnR is the better band and it’s not even close.

GnR was the better-selling band. You can't prove who is "better." I think Rush had more talent overall but GnR had good songwriting and Slash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.