fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago

Pinside and new games are super predictable. New game is announced, its the best thing ever. Game comes out and the complaints begin. Newer games are announced, game is now old news. Code is shallow so game goes down in value. If its lucky it gets code updates to the point where it is considered an amazing game again.

As for OP's argument WOZ didn't devalue 90s B/W titles. There is a massive difference between it and those. Not really a massive difference between this and WOZ.

Exceptions are games that get short runs and have interesting stories, see TBL, BBB, Alien. Not games that are cut short because they just failed to sell, see FT, CSI, NBA, etc.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If games get more advanced utilizing new tech AND becomes more fun, providing a more amusing show and entertainment ofc it will devalue older not so fun and amazing games. This is just as normal as nobody finding an electronic tube fat tv great anymore

Sure there may be a nostalgic and collector value in old things, but as a whole it will devalue lesser and older stuff.
If this continous, which is great btw i dont think the cgc model holds up much longer.

Man all those 3k system 11s sure did lose their value thanks to wpc, whitestar, sam, and spike games.

Did you even take a moment to think of what games cost on the used market before you formed this statement?

2 weeks later
#376 3 years ago

Someone posted a huo gb pro yesterday on facebook wanting it gone asap. Bone stock, no mods, being sold from a non-pinhead. I contacted 42 mins after they had posted and the bidding was up to 4700 for pickup that day. Seems like GNR has done jack all to devalue other machines.

If anything older games are getting too expensive to justify. Several of mine could be sold and pay for a new standard/pro. I could sell a handful and buy an LE. Heck, I could go sell a third of my collection and go buy a decent sports car. The only reason I don't is because I already have one.

Is Radical really 4k+ of game? Is Banza Runi or Mystery Castle 6k worth of game?

On the flip side is Alien 13k worth of game?

Starting to think no. Only a couple of my machines feel like real money for value. Bally Atlantis is a lot of game for sub 2k. Full Throttle is a heck of a lot of machine for 4k.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is what I've also been saying for a while. The closer B and C titles get to a Stern Pro the less I want any of them. Congo for $5k, no thank you. On that note I have almost nothing into a Nascar and I love it.

I'd say the same of A titles. Do I want to pay 6-8k for an old routed IJ? Nope.

Do I want to pay for a new remake that has an older style ruleset? Nope.

Banzai Run still offers a unique feature nothing else has. I love mystery castle, but I keep eyeing it and wondering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.