fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

There is a point with audio where you can not hear any difference... keep spending $$$ on unnecessary gold cables and special outlets etc... I play in a band. I have a degree in music. A good player can make a bad instrument sound good and vice versa. On that note though, I can hear the compression in Satellite radio and it bothers me. But there is a point where they are just up selling you to make $... As for the pin thing... This is one of those threads that will just keep going... I don't care what anyone spends on anything. Just enjoy life and be good to each other... it is that easy... now where is the down vote button, and what is the record???!?!??

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

At this point even I don’t know, but I will tell you one thing. If I break the Pinside down vote record.......”I am going to Disney World”.

200 by Halloween?

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

There is a point with audio where you can not hear any difference... keep spending $$$ on unnecessary gold cables and special outlets etc

Spot on.

Audiophile guys are bigger dick swingers than some pinball guys.

“Check out my $1000 RCA cables!”

Yeah? $1000? For some wires? You’re a dork. Lol.

rd

#404 3 years ago

Im curious if GnR actually plays well. Its cool as hell to look at and has all the bells and whistles, but the playfield looks tight and crowded. Looks like a lot of stop and go playing.

Looking forward to user reviews...

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on.
rd

Yah check out my $1000 cables that I use to play music that sounds like shit like early Rolling Stones or Beatles records etc.

Most of these guys spend more on their gear than the bands spent making the records they play and obsess over.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

My favorite part of this thread is when Pinsiders got lambasted for buying 5 figure pins.
Sure hope that guy doesn’t visit any of my audio forums. People pay as much as pin on speaker cables alone. Hell, an “audiophile” grade ac outlet you put in instead of the dollar one, can run over a hundred bucks, and absolutely can make the sound better.

Hmmm...'Audiophile' grade AC outlet. That explains a lot. All these years I thought I just sucked at playing pinball. Now I realize it was just my AC outlet. I need to buy some of those fancy ones.

#407 3 years ago

It plays well. Way closer to TZ as opposed to SM.

Quoted from Rager170:

Im curious if GnR actually plays well

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on.
rd

Sounds awesome. I need to get into this hobby!

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on.
rd

Oh my RCA cables for only 1000? In the audiophile industry that would be swinging one tiny little dick!

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on.
rd

It's also funny coming from a bunch of grown ups that can pay 15k for a toy and 1000 for a plastic topper that a 5 year old could have built!

#411 3 years ago

Just to get back on topic I will answer the original post.

1. LOL

2. No

3. huh?

4. what you smokin?

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spot on.
rd

Do they tell their wives it was only $100 like a lot of us

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It's also funny coming from a bunch of grown ups that can pay 15k for a toy and 1000 for a plastic topper that a 5 year old could have built!

Exactly.

Luckily I’ve never paid $15k for a pin (or anywhere close to it) or ever bought a topper, so I don’t fall into that category.

rd

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Do they tell their wives it was only $100 like a lot of us

I have seen a lot of $10,000-15,000 Perazzi shotguns that wives think cost $500. Seems plausible...

#415 3 years ago

At this point even I don’t know, but I will tell you one thing. If I break the Pinside down vote record.......”I am going to Disney World”.

From now on, i'm going to upvote every post you make.

NO DISNEY FOR YOU!

#416 3 years ago

Too early to nominate thedarkknight77 for a Twippy?

1 year later
#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Too early to nominate thedarkknight77 for a Twippy?

And the Twipy for pinball Nastrodamous 2021 goes to thedarkknight77. Used prices on all games besides GNR went down. Oh wait....

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And the Twipy for pinball Nastrodamous 2021 goes to thedarkknight77. Used prices on all games besides GNR went down. Oh wait....

The irony is GNR prices are down.

#419 2 years ago

Perhaps he meant to say that GNR devalued GNR.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's true. I still think GNR is an incredible machine and one of my favorites but I think a lot of people bought off hype alone. And the early playfield issues certainly didn't help the matter. It's a relative bargain today considering Stern Premiums are $9k plus.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Typical for JJP games....they will probably recover (or come close) once the game goes out of production, and the dealers get rid of all their inventory.

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's true. I still think GNR is an incredible machine and one of my favorites but I think a lot of people bought off hype alone. And the early playfield issues certainly didn't help the matter. It's a relative bargain today considering Stern Premiums are $9k plus.

Disintegrating playfields and zero customer support for 11k, what a bargain!

#423 2 years ago

My playfield is still perfect, but the game is wearing on me. Pretty repetitive

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My playfield is still perfect, but the game is wearing on me. Pretty repetitive

Yup.. the hype crowd was crazy strong on this one. Game wore on me after 20 plays.

Could be the most overrated game to come out last 5 years or so.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#425 2 years ago

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

Guess this post didn't age well. LOL. I see more JJP GNRs for sale than any other new game. People can't get rid of them. Confusing shitshow that game turned out to be.

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Guess this post didn't age well. LOL. I see more JJP GNRs for sale than any other new game. People can't get rid of them. Confusing shitshow that game turned out to be.

This is what happens when people declare "the greatest game of all time" and have never even played it.

Conversations went like this:

Guy who prepaid for one- This is the greatest game of all time and will change the industry blah blah.

Me- have you played it?

Guy who prepaid for one- no but look at all that stuff on it.

Me- lol

#427 2 years ago

FWIW GNR LE is the one game I added to my collection in the last year, it plays great, no regrets.

Is it a "forever" keeper game that I will still be jamming on in 10 years? I don't know, ask me in 10 years .

Buy what you like, and enjoy it. And if you play something enough that you don't need to play it more, then pass it on and pick up something new or buy a different category of toy with your $$$. This is not high stakes life or death stuff.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Perhaps he meant to say that GNR devalued GNR.

Still angry?We should start a thread.What’s better GnR or Rush

#429 2 years ago

even though nobody has played Rush yet. More money would be put on rush over those who have played GNR.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:even though nobody has played Rush yet. More money would be put on rush over those who have played GNR.

Lyman saved many Borg games so without Lyman my guess is Rush will be in the same category as ZEP

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Still angry?We should start a thread.What’s better GnR or Rush

Vindicated is more like it. You're the one that still brings up comparisons. I was over it almost a year ago.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Lyman saved many Borg games so without Lyman my guess is Rush will be in the same category as ZEP

Can you tell me all the Borg games that Lyman has saved?

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Walking Dead would be the best example.

I like a lot of Borg's games but a lot of them could have done with better, more interesting, less repetitive code (Aero and especially GOTG come to mind)

#434 2 years ago

If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

Have to agree here regarding Led Zeppelin, they should have gotten the Elwin team on this unbelievably amazing title. The LE would be a $25k plus game right now.
A buddy bought a Led pin, couldn't sell it for 3 months, took a $2000 Canadian loss on it in the end and had to pay for the shipping on top of that! LMFAO.
What a rip off of a game for the price, Gary must have been laughing his ass off all the way to the bank on this one. wouldn't give a squirt of piss for it, even if it came with a "live in person" concert from the band themselves. hmm, maybe a little squirt. Haha! Just my 2 cents, 2 cents for free.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Walking Dead would be the best example.
I like a lot of Borg's games but a lot of them could have done with better, more interesting, less repetitive code (Aero and especially GOTG come to mind)

Walking Dead and…

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Walking Dead and…

Metallica is the other one that comes to mind for me. Without Lyman it could have been another Stern Indiana Jones which is another Borg design that didn't have great code to save it.

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

TWD, and MET .... Both were average at best until Lyman worked his magic

#438 2 years ago

I'm kinda glad JJP messed up the playfields. I would have been first in line for GnR CE. Dodged some guns on that one.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm kinda glad JJP messed up the playfields. I would have been first in line for GnR CE. Dodged some guns on that one.

Mine arrived perfect, and is still that way....u missed out

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

TWD, and MET .... Both were average at best until Lyman worked his magic

So 2 is many now?

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Or put another way - you denied yourself a great game experience over some cosmetics.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So 2 is many now?

Also Tron and Iron Man to a lesser degree.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Saved Metallica

#444 2 years ago

How’s this thread holding up

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So 2 is many now?

In my collection....YES

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

So 2 is many now?

Yes, considering those are two of Stern’s best and without good code they’d just be average titles like
So many other Borg games.

Anybody who played the early code on those machines knows the difference it made.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Also Tron and Iron Man to a lesser degree.

Give it up, the dude doesn’t want to hear it.

“Four is many now?!”

Regardless, Lyman isn’t doing borg or any other stern games now. Will be interesting to see how this new team works out.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Vindicated is more like it. You're the one that still brings up comparisons. I was over it almost a year ago.

I was bringing up your continued hate of GnR in before comment.
I have not mentioned comparisons of LZ and GnR in forever.I was kidding about comparing GnR to Rush I’ve seen the Rush stream

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was bringing up your continued hate of GnR in before comment.
I have not mentioned comparisons of LZ and GnR in forever.I was kidding about comparing GnR to Rush I’ve seen the Rush stream

But I don't hate GNR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines/page/9?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.