fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR....

I'll remember this comment when you put your Deadpool up for sale. I've been looking for a decent priced Pro.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

You guys all crack me up. Who has $12k to drop on one pin? (for that money I would have a room full) Obviously a lot of people with too much money on their hands here. All these pins with only 100 plays for sale. Home owned for 6 months. Just out of the box etc. Keep doing it. Then the real folk not in the 1% can buy the pins you guys keep tossing to the side. Just last month you were all Crazy about Turtles and Avengers. I keep pins for years if I like them. Play them, enjoy them. I have had pins for 20yrs before. All you do is waste money grabbing whatever the new flavor is and throw the old one aside. I find there are a few different kinds of collectors and the ones who just have $$$ to buy whatever, who just want to be first with the shiny new before everyone else and when the next trinket drops you just run to it. Sheep who think the next thing the Gods of pinside say you have to have and you drink the Kool Aid. Same reason there are great pins with low ratings and low selling prices. We'll keep buying them while you all overspend. Some of you wouldn't know a decent pin if you actually played it. You just believe what everyone says on here. Williams is the best, Gottlieb is the worst. JJP is godlike. Gotta have an Adams Gold or Pirates or a whatever. I'm not saying these are not good pins. But some of you crack me up. The $$ you drop is crazy. Whatever pinside says next you will grab. How the heck do you drop $10K on a pin and only play it 100 times.

You don't want this thread, you want THIS thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-guys-do-that-you-can-afford-pinball

#353 3 years ago

But have all machines been devalued?

Still waiting to hear what the correct answer is...

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

You guys all crack me up. Who has $12k to drop on one pin? (for that money I would have a room full) Obviously a lot of people with too much money on their hands here. All these pins with only 100 plays for sale. Home owned for 6 months. Just out of the box etc. Keep doing it. Then the real folk not in the 1% can buy the pins you guys keep tossing to the side.

These #firstworldproblems posts are always kind of silly. You're on a hobbyists website, for Christ's sake, what do you expect to find here? Of course we're all wasting money on silly toys that we don't need, that's the entire point. If you're just observing that a bunch of pinball collectors are richer then you, fair enough I guess. But from looking at your profile you own three pinball machines, probably a grand or two tied up at them at the moment. Half of the world simply couldn't afford to have that kind of money tied up in a hobby. And of the other half that have some discretionary income, 99.9% will still think that the way you spend yours is stupid.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's easy to explain. A game is released and looks good so you go and try at the distributor and say to urself, "Yep I like it, wrap it up" now after 100 plays sometimes less the thrill is gone and its time to get rid of it, u almost start to hate it. Ok so u take a $500 to $1000 loss and that usually for me means roughly 200 a month. Well sir many many people spend that easily on dating, their children, dinner and a movie so what's the difference? Also I think u need to research the top 1%. U don't need to be in that category to buy expensive toys.

I'm jut stirring the pot since that is what the original poster wanted anyway. I play the hell out of my pins. Keep them cleaned and adjusted. I get years of good play out of them. I couldn't afford $10k for a new pin... I spend my $ elsewhere... to each his or her own... I enjoy my games... and I hope everyone else does too... GNR does look pretty sweet... but it is not dropping the values on anything. Just the people who had to sell something else to get it who are willing to lose a few on one to spend on another...

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I'm jut stirring the pot since that is what the original poster wanted anyway. I play the hell out of my pins. Keep them cleaned and adjusted. I get years of good play out of them. I couldn't afford $10k for a new pin... I spend my $ elsewhere... to each his or her own... I enjoy my games... and I hope everyone else does too... GNR does look pretty sweet... but it is not dropping the values on anything. Just the people who had to sell something else to get it who are willing to lose a few on one to spend on another...

Best to try and not compare yourself to others. You have 3 more pins than most people out there. I'd be proud of what you have, and if you get bored of them, sell/trade or whatever.

Sure, people can be impulsive and buy into hype and whatever. It can be amusing, but it is what it is. People gotta have the latest and greatest. But like someone previously said, it's a good time to be in this hobby right now, especially now that many of these hyped pins are coming into the second hand market. I'm sure you'll have one too some day (and also get tired of it!)

#357 3 years ago

I vow to only say things online that I would say in Person.

Lathroum youre a dumbass

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

And if you keep it, I understand for sure! But, when you just sell it next month when the new flavor is out.

I generally don't buy new pins, so you might be thinking of wrong guy.

#359 3 years ago

Quoted from knockerlover:I vow to only say things online that I would say in Person.
lathroum youre a dumbass

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I vow to only say things online that I would say in Person.
lathroum youre a dumbass

here you go again... I thought you were past the name calling...

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Best to try and not compare yourself to others. You have 3 more pins than most people out there. I'd be proud of what you have, and if you get bored of them, sell/trade or whatever.
Sure, people can be impulsive and buy into hype and whatever. It can be amusing, but it is what it is. People gotta have the latest and greatest. But like someone previously said, it's a good time to be in this hobby right now, especially now that many of these hyped pins are coming into the second hand market. I'm sure you'll have one too some day (and also get tired of it!)

I'm right with you. I had 5 pins a few months ago... I have 4 here now (one I am fixing for someone) and I have a dozen or more arcade games... I am having fun... I don't so much get tired of them as I don't have room to keep them all...

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

It sounds like you just hate rich people.

I don't hate anyone... maybe a slight, small, minuscule, sliver, of a grain of jealousy....

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

These #firstworldproblems posts are always kind of silly. You're on a hobbyists website, for Christ's sake, what do you expect to find here? Of course we're all wasting money on silly toys that we don't need, that's the entire point. If you're just observing that a bunch of pinball collectors are richer then you, fair enough I guess. But from looking at your profile you own three pinball machines, probably a grand or two tied up at them at the moment. Half of the world simply couldn't afford to have that kind of money tied up in a hobby. And of the other half that have some discretionary income, 99.9% will still think that the way you spend yours is stupid.

In 2012, spending $6K for a new game was absolutely unheard of.

Now, it's the basic entry price point for a Pro.

Pretty sure those with less funds to spend in this hobby weren't responsible for that trend.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

But have all machines been devalued?

Still waiting to hear what the correct answer is...

I have the answer.
NO

1 week later
#366 3 years ago

ouch!

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have the answer.
NO

That's your answer, not the correct one!

#368 3 years ago

I saw this posted in the North East For Sale thread.......Looks like the GNR effect is real.

Looking to sell a game or two......

Iron Maiden Pro - Mint HUO, Speaker Lights, 3 McFarlane Figures, Shaker, Sarcophagus mod, Sphinx Light up Eyes. $5200 (obo).

ACDC Luci Vault - Mint HUO, speaker lights, pinbits lightning bolts, Hells Bells mod, Shaker, cannon mod. $6500 (obo).

Kiss Pro - Mint HUO, speaker lights, 7 McFarlane Figures, including Love Gun girls, Kiss logo back box mod, Shaker, sling plastic protectors. $5400 (obo).

Deadpool - HUO, Red Powder Coating, Shaker, (2) 3.75inch X-men Figures, Truck mod, Disco ball mod, Shooter handle mod, Back box lighting mod, sling plastic protectors. Playfield has wear spot in typical spot near entrance to ninja ramp. Covered with decal and Mylar. $5400 (obo).

#369 3 years ago

I saw this posted in the North East For Sale thread.......Looks like the GNR effect is real.
Iron Maiden Pro - Mint HUO, Speaker Lights, 3 McFarlane Figures, Shaker, Sarcophagus mod, Sphinx Light up Eyes. $5200 (obo).
ACDC Luci Vault - Mint HUO, speaker lights, pinbits lightning bolts, Hells Bells mod, Shaker, cannon mod. $6500 (obo).
Kiss Pro - Mint HUO, speaker lights, 7 McFarlane Figures, including Love Gun girls, Kiss logo back box mod, Shaker, sling plastic protectors. $5400 (obo).
Deadpool - HUO, Red Powder Coating, Shaker, (2) 3.75inch X-men Figures, Truck mod, Disco ball mod, Shooter handle mod, Back box lighting mod, sling plastic protectors. Playfield has wear spot in typical spot near entrance to ninja ramp. Covered with decal and Mylar. $5400 (obo).

I see...so every game listed for sale from now on is due to GNR.

81345EEA-F6B4-45E4-B9FE-1DE9ACF17776 (resized).jpeg81345EEA-F6B4-45E4-B9FE-1DE9ACF17776 (resized).jpeg
#370 3 years ago

i see alot of games for sale but nobody “dumping” them. prices are still relatively high especially during a pandemic. plus with jjp prices on ce and le so high you have to get the most money from every game you sell in order to buy that GNR.

#371 3 years ago

Those prices are pretty high actually

#372 3 years ago

I think the pandemic has pushed prices up... people want stuff to do at home.

#373 3 years ago

These prices just prove that GnR has devalued nothing.

#374 3 years ago

That is YOUR for sale post. Geez you really are a troll. Your prices aren't devalued either. Lame.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Those prices are pretty high actually

I paid less for my NIB Iron Maiden, and much less for a similar/better modded Deadpool (minus the powder coat and the katana ramp wear).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 3 years ago

Someone posted a huo gb pro yesterday on facebook wanting it gone asap. Bone stock, no mods, being sold from a non-pinhead. I contacted 42 mins after they had posted and the bidding was up to 4700 for pickup that day. Seems like GNR has done jack all to devalue other machines.

If anything older games are getting too expensive to justify. Several of mine could be sold and pay for a new standard/pro. I could sell a handful and buy an LE. Heck, I could go sell a third of my collection and go buy a decent sports car. The only reason I don't is because I already have one.

Is Radical really 4k+ of game? Is Banza Runi or Mystery Castle 6k worth of game?

On the flip side is Alien 13k worth of game?

Starting to think no. Only a couple of my machines feel like real money for value. Bally Atlantis is a lot of game for sub 2k. Full Throttle is a heck of a lot of machine for 4k.

#377 3 years ago

LOL that person is making a profit on every game and if he can get $5400 for a Kiss pro that GNR has pushed values up lol

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Someone posted a huo gb pro yesterday on facebook wanting it gone asap. Bone stock, no mods, being sold from a non-pinhead. I contacted 42 mins after they had posted and the bidding was up to 4700 for pickup that day. Seems like GNR has done jack all to devalue other machines.
If anything older games are getting too expensive to justify. Several of mine could be sold and pay for a new standard/pro. I could sell a handful and buy an LE. Heck, I could go sell a third of my collection and go buy a decent sports car. The only reason I don't is because I already have one.
Is Radical really 4k+ of game? Is Banza Runi or Mystery Castle 6k worth of game?
On the flip side is Alien 13k worth of game?
Starting to think no. Only a couple of my machines feel like real money for value. Bally Atlantis is a lot of game for sub 2k. Full Throttle is a heck of a lot of machine for 4k.

This is what I've also been saying for a while. The closer B and C titles get to a Stern Pro the less I want any of them. Congo for $5k, no thank you. On that note I have almost nothing into a Nascar and I love it.

#379 3 years ago

#18176 15 hours ago

TDK
thedarkknight77

Pinside member
US North Smithfield, RI
8y 81,300 4,922 5 24
ACDC Luci Vault - Mint HUO, cliffy on shooter lane, speaker lights, pinbits lightning bolts, Hells Bells mod, Shaker, cannon mod. $6500 (obo).
Kiss Pro - Mint HUO, cliffy on shooter lane and scoop, speaker lights, 7 McFarlane Figures, including Love Gun girls, Kiss logo back box mod, Shaker, sling plastic protectors. $5400 (obo).
Deadpool - HUO, Red Powder Coating, cliffy on shooter lane, Shaker, (2) 3.75inch X-men Figures, Truck mod, Disco ball mod, Shooter handle mod, Back box lighting mod, sling plastic protectors. Playfield has wear spot in typical spot near entrance to ninja ramp. Covered with decal and Mylar. $5400 (obo).

Saying your own for sale post is on the cheep

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

This is what I've also been saying for a while. The closer B and C titles get to a Stern Pro the less I want any of them. Congo for $5k, no thank you. On that note I have almost nothing into a Nascar and I love it.

I'd say the same of A titles. Do I want to pay 6-8k for an old routed IJ? Nope.

Do I want to pay for a new remake that has an older style ruleset? Nope.

Banzai Run still offers a unique feature nothing else has. I love mystery castle, but I keep eyeing it and wondering.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

i have a list of people that want my Congo for 5k. Eventually its gonna reach a level when i can't say no anymore. I don't think GnR has had any negative impact on older game sales.

#382 3 years ago

If this Rush rumor is real, I may start having to give away all my games at discount prices!

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Rush sucks.

#383 3 years ago

What’s this thread about?

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Rush sucks.

So you’re holding out for the Geddy Lee solo pin then?

Geddy (resized).jpgGeddy (resized).jpg
#385 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you’re holding out for the Geddy Lee solo pin then?[quoted image]

I'd rather wake up to a jackhammer after staying up real late like what happened this morning.

I don't get it. The next door neighbor had a bunch of concrete poured a week ago, and now they are jackhammering it up. Job security for the concrete guys for sure.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you’re holding out for the Geddy Lee solo pin then?[quoted image]

My headache, how fitting.

#387 3 years ago

All that glisters is not gold. The novelty of GNR will soon fade.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

All that glisters is not gold. The novelty of GNR will soon fade.

I seriously doubt it will. It is getting more exposure to the non pinball community that we have ever seen before and those 5000 LEs will sell out as well.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I seriously doubt it will. It is getting more exposure to the non pinball community that we have ever seen before and those 5000 LEs will sell out as well.

Normal people aren’t going to pay $10k to wait a year to get it. How long do you think it will take JJP to make 5000? If they do then they will make the Slash Edition limited to 500 for $15000. Has WOZ a taught us nothing?

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Normal people aren’t going to pay $10k to wait a year to get it. How long do you think it will take JJP to make 5000? If they do then they will make the Slash Edition limited to 500 for $15000. Has WOZ a taught us nothing?

Hello? Ask the sold out R&M buyers how long they are waiting at the back of the line, or how many have left their money in to get a RAZA from DR after 5 years plus! I do believe JJP have changed their ways as they have already stood firm on producing the advertised 500 CEs instead of adding more to take care of their massive screw up! Stern produced another 100 LEs of Munsters well after the release which, thank god, made me cancel my order. I really hope they stick to their guns now and just move onto the next tittle instead of re running everything more than the numbers they have advertised from the getgo.

#391 3 years ago

Let’s face it people we are all responsible for keeping this dumb thread going and we should all be ashamed !!

My favorite part was where the OP posted a bunch of his own overpriced games for sale and claimed it validated his idiotic gnr thread.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I really hope they stick to their guns now and just move onto the next tittle instead of re running everything more than the numbers they have advertised from the getgo.

Thats crazy talk..

I like the limited editions.. and the super limited editions.. and the extra special super limited editions... and the green armour special edition limited editions

and so on and so forth.

It shows a real commitment to the "limited edition" concept.

#393 3 years ago

My favorite part of this thread is when Pinsiders got lambasted for buying 5 figure pins.

Sure hope that guy doesn’t visit any of my audio forums. People pay as much as pin on speaker cables alone. Hell, an “audiophile” grade ac outlet you put in instead of the dollar one, can run over a hundred bucks, and absolutely can make the sound better.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

My favorite part of this thread is when Pinsiders got lambasted for buying 5 figure pins.
Sure hope that guy doesn’t visit any of my audio forums. People pay as much as pin on speaker cables alone. Hell, an “audiophile” grade ac outlet you put in instead of the dollar one, can run over a hundred bucks, and absolutely can make the sound better.

Ah yes I love these people and know a few.

As an audio engineer my favorite game with them is to see if in reality they can tell the difference between A (cheap) and B (crazy expensive version of A)

Most times.. not really.

I once did acoustic guitar on a record with a 50 dollar Yamaha guitar. I told the artist it was a 15k vintage Gibson to make him happy because I knew he would whine if i said it was a piece of shit. Sounded great so who cares.

Another good one is the guy who can tell 24 bit music from 48 bit... and they say something ridiculous like one is more "airy" and get it wrong and pick the lower bit rate as better.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What’s this thread about?

At this point even I don’t know, but I will tell you one thing. If I break the Pinside down vote record.......”I am going to Disney World”.

#396 3 years ago

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

Disagree. pins are going up in value, especially during COVID. Home players are dying for Pinball machines to make their homes their sanctuaries. why wouldn't you? I've seen market prices grow for two years now in So Cal...

#397 3 years ago

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

Hence the overwhelming downvotes on this Post.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s face it people we are all responsible for keeping this dumb thread going and we should all be ashamed !!

What are you talking about?? Since things over at the DR thread have quieted down a bit, we need this thread for entertainment and confirmation of one‘s own viewpoints.

#399 3 years ago

Elvis was at his peak when he recorded the Sun sessions. After that, it was all down hill.

#400 3 years ago

There is a point with audio where you can not hear any difference... keep spending $$$ on unnecessary gold cables and special outlets etc... I play in a band. I have a degree in music. A good player can make a bad instrument sound good and vice versa. On that note though, I can hear the compression in Satellite radio and it bothers me. But there is a point where they are just up selling you to make $... As for the pin thing... This is one of those threads that will just keep going... I don't care what anyone spends on anything. Just enjoy life and be good to each other... it is that easy... now where is the down vote button, and what is the record???!?!??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines/page/8?hl=lathroum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.