fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Rush went to shit after Moving pictures in many regards, It happens, I mean I really can't think of a band where its nothing but great. The early stuff usually reigns supreme and then it matures into just ok and finally it slowly, painfully dies.

Agreed early stuff from most bands reigns supreme.

#302 3 years ago

Generally the people that are the most clearly correct are the most downvoted.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Glad at least one person liked it. Lol. I was also into metal in the 80’s. Still remember seeing Master of Puppets tour in a small venue in Rhode Island. The speed and complexity of metal kind of got me interested in RUSH in the first place. I also like the material RUSH writes songs about. Not just sex drugs and rock and roll. Now in my late 40’s the 80’s RUSH seems to appeal to me the most. Heavy Synth and a much more subdued sound from their earlier stuff.
Another obscure one. Very non RUSH sound. Almost a POP song.

Total shite.
It"s so bad, it's funny.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Total shite.
It"s so bad, it's funny.

I was going to leave this thing alone (see what I did there?) Except Slash, no GNR member could earn their way onto the stage musically with Rush. I appreciate GNR for what they were, a Pop Heavy Metal Bond that sang about drugs and girls and lived the rock n' roll lifestyle. They made catchy tunes and introduced more than their fair share of young men to Metal with a nice ballad often enough to make the young girls want to watch their shows as well. I have no interest in trying to say that GNR does not have their place as icons They deserve to be in the Rock HOF because of their influence on the genre and their music. Geddy and Neil were pretty close to if not the best at their instruments. Alex might have been the least heralded member of the band, and he is quite an artist. Post your video of you playing any of the parts of La Villa Strangiato and maybe you will change my mind.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

I was going to leave this thing alone (see what I did there?) Except Slash, no GNR member could earn their way onto the stage musically with Rush. I appreciate GNR for what they were, a Pop Heavy Metal Bond that sang about drugs and girls and lived the rock n' roll lifestyle. They made catchy tunes and introduced more than their fair share of young men to Metal with a nice ballad often enough to make the young girls want to watch their shows as well. I have no interest in trying to say that GNR does not have their place as icons They deserve to be in the Rock HOF because of their influence on the genre and their music. Geddy and Neil were pretty close to if not the best at their instruments. Alex might have been the least heralded member of the band, and he is quite an artist. Post your video of you playing any of the parts of La Villa Strangiato and maybe you will change my mind.

You can say what you want, but I know crap when i hear it.
The singer looks like a super creapy version of the warrior come out and play sleeze, and sure as shit didn't attract anybody.

Are bandmembers of rush trying to hijack this thread?

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The singer looks like a super creapy version of the warrior come out and play sleeze, and sure as shit didn't attract anybody.

I am done here. Go buy your pin and I hope it is your bliss.

#307 3 years ago

Rush are/were talented, but that doesn't translate into popularity. Victor Wooten is a far better bassist than Geddy, but most have never heard of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. Cheerleading for rush will get you nowhere. I thought all Rush fans would have learned that by now...

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Victor Wooten is a far better bassist than Geddy, but most have never heard of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones. Cheerleading for rush will get you nowhere. I thought all Rush fans would have learned that by now...

Well the best musicians on this planet are usually, no I take that back are always unknown cause they play music no one wants to hear. Tends to be too complicated and then live just a show off fest. The trio of Victor W. Greg H and Denis C. called Extraction is glorious fusion based album that most people wouldn't like. Geddy with the likes of Geezer and few others are just as talented but chose a different path. I mean how u do u define "better bassist" I'm a bass player, hate slapping can't get into it at all, not needed for the style music I like to play but Mr. Wooten is a master, also bass solos? shouldn't exist in my opinion. I doubt he has my attack however, he certainly doesn't have Geddy's song writing talent for bass lines, Take J Pastorious, no one today knows who he is but most people know Flea, I like Jaco and some of his music but its hardly regular listening then again neither is RHCPeppers, GnR is a hair band from the late 80's to early 90's and they did it well but I doubt they survive the test of time. Rush will.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well the best musicians on this planet are usually, no I take that back are always unknown cause they play music no one wants to hear. Tends to be too complicated and then live just a show off fest. The trio of Victor W. Greg H and Denis C. called Extraction is glorious fusion based album that most people wouldn't like. Geddy with the likes of Geezer and few others are just as talented but chose a different path. I mean how u do u define "better bassist" I'm a bass player, hate slapping can't get into it at all, not needed for the style music I like to play but Mr. Wooten is a master, also bass solos? shouldn't exist in my opinion. I doubt he has my attack however, he certainly doesn't have Geddy's song writing talent for bass lines, Take J Pastorious, no one today knows who he is but most people know Flea, I like Jaco and some of his music but its hardly regular listening then again neither is RHCPeppers, GnR is a hair band from the late 80's to early 90's and they did it well but I doubt they survive the test of time. Rush will.

Well said. How do you even define a great musician - can play extremely fast, can play complex rhythms, never loses the beat, always knows where they are in a piece, can hear a piece once and play it, can adapt to changing time signatures, can play a piece in different keys, can read music extremely well, plays music which people enjoy listening to, plays soulfully, can compose great music, has deep knowledge of music theory, can improvise well, can fit in with many different group play situations...and on and on. Probably nobody can do it all well. Maybe somebody like Herbie Hancock - he could jam with GnR or Rush I'll bet. And no one knows J. Pastorius !! If for no other reason he'll be remembered for the opening lines of Birdland !

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Total shite.
It"s so bad, it's funny.

I was just trying to show Rush’s range with the last song. Range is obviously something you don’t have with the same lame response as last time. Now put on some Adele and cry yourself to sleep.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Oh! You know crap when you hear it. Lol. I think I will listen to the hundreds of professional musicians worldwide who look up to RUSH as gods instead. OK? Keep talking. You look like a fool.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

R u talking about that song or Rush as a whole? I need to know before I pounce.
I mean is this "Shite" to u?

#313 3 years ago

Guns and Roses just devalued all machines, its evident! BUMP!

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Guns and Roses just devalued all machines, its evident! BUMP!

Its also Horseshit.

#315 3 years ago

More Rush

#316 3 years ago

Funny stuff!

Quoted from Hazoff:

Its also Horseshit.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its also Horseshit.

Dude take it easy,you protest to much!Your like a pit bull you just can’t let anything go.I don’t know if your kidding or you just have to prove your point on everything?

#318 3 years ago

Rush is aweful. Dude's got a voice made for silent film.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Rush is aweful. Dude's got a voice made for silent film.

Geddy Lee’s high pitched whiny voice is the worst, like nails on a chalkboard.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Oh! You know crap when you hear it. Lol. I think I will listen to the hundreds of professional musicians worldwide who look up to RUSH as gods instead. OK? Keep talking. You look like a fool.

Why Dont you start your own rush thread, there you can discuss whether
Rush or bros as a band themed pin, will be the worst selling ever.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I do believe most pinheads will love this game setup in a home environment

I hear over and over you need to play it in a home environment whenever someone does not like a JJP game on route. Paying $10,000 to see if you like a game make no sense to me

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude take it easy,you protest to much!Your like a pit bull you just can’t let anything go.I don’t know if your kidding or you just have to prove your point on everything?

LOL pot calling the kettle black

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Paying $10,000 to see if you like a game make no sense to me

you are clearly not a pinhead

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

hope you havent forgotten this one.
true 'canadian content' featuring geddy lee of RUSH.

Take Off to The Great White North should have been a pin!

"Shoot for the jelly eh"

#325 3 years ago

Let's face it people. Covid kills everyone and no one is safe. You don't need your businesses. Vote for Biden, he'll pay all your bills. Just ask Nancy, she has been very busy passing bills. Sounds about right

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Who made you the fuckin hall monitor around here? Always running your trap about how we are supposed to behave!

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

you are clearly not a pinhead

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who made you the fuckin hall monitor around here? Always running your trap about how we are supposed to behave!

I did and you need to go sit in the corner!

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Geddy Lee’s high pitched whiny voice is the worst, like nails on a chalkboard.

Yep. I've always said they just needed to get a real singer. The band is great, including Geddy. It's just that voice... Ugh. I tried over and over to like Rush, and that's what kills it for most. That's why they were never big. Geddy's ego couldn't step down.

#330 3 years ago

Players have already moved on from this table. We all saw the streams. It didn't hold up to the hype. At all.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from jdawg3:

Players have already moved on from this table. We all saw the streams. It didn't hold up to the hype. At all.

GnR or Rush?

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from jdawg3:

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from jdawg3:

First post is a troll post. I like this guy...

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Why Dont you start your own rush thread, there you can discuss whether
Rush or bros as a band themed pin, will be the worst selling ever.

What’s the matter? I thought your BS dramatic post about one of the most talented bands sucking was you looking for attention. Well you got it. Plus I think I gave this dying thread the shot in the arm it needed to survive. Carry on.

#335 3 years ago

So what is the record for the most downvoted post ? Up to 195 downvotes for this one. This should win an award or at least be in the top 10 right ?

#336 3 years ago

You guys all crack me up. Who has $12k to drop on one pin? (for that money I would have a room full) Obviously a lot of people with too much money on their hands here. All these pins with only 100 plays for sale. Home owned for 6 months. Just out of the box etc. Keep doing it. Then the real folk not in the 1% can buy the pins you guys keep tossing to the side. Just last month you were all Crazy about Turtles and Avengers. I keep pins for years if I like them. Play them, enjoy them. I have had pins for 20yrs before. All you do is waste money grabbing whatever the new flavor is and throw the old one aside. I find there are a few different kinds of collectors and the ones who just have $$$ to buy whatever, who just want to be first with the shiny new before everyone else and when the next trinket drops you just run to it. Sheep who think the next thing the Gods of pinside say you have to have and you drink the Kool Aid. Same reason there are great pins with low ratings and low selling prices. We'll keep buying them while you all overspend. Some of you wouldn't know a decent pin if you actually played it. You just believe what everyone says on here. Williams is the best, Gottlieb is the worst. JJP is godlike. Gotta have an Adams Gold or Pirates or a whatever. I'm not saying these are not good pins. But some of you crack me up. The $$ you drop is crazy. Whatever pinside says next you will grab. How the heck do you drop $10K on a pin and only play it 100 times.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

You guys all crack me up. Who has $12k to drop on one pin? (for that money I would have a room full) Obviously a lot of people with too much money on their hands here. All these pins with only 100 plays for sale. Home owned for 6 months. Just out of the box etc. Keep doing it. Then the real folk not in the 1% can buy the pins you guys keep tossing to the side. Just last month you were all Crazy about Turtles and Avengers. I keep pins for years if I like them. Play them, enjoy them. I have had pins for 20yrs before. All you do is waste money grabbing whatever the new flavor is and throw the old one aside. I find there are a few different kinds of collectors and the ones who just have $$$ to buy whatever, who just want to be first with the shiny new before everyone else and when the next trinket drops you just run to it. Sheep who think the next thing the Gods of pinside say you have to have and you drink the Kool Aid. Same reason there are great pins with low ratings and low selling prices. We'll keep buying them while you all overspend. Some of you wouldn't know a decent pin if you actually played it. You just believe what everyone says on here. Williams is the best, Gottlieb is the worst. JJP is godlike. Gotta have an Adams Gold or Pirates or a whatever. I'm not saying these are not good pins. But some of you crack me up. The $$ you drop is crazy. Whatever pinside says next you will grab. How the heck do you drop $10K on a pin and only play it 100 times.

I'll drop $7000 for the SE for my wife, she is worth it.

#338 3 years ago

Yup people on the pinball message board buy pinball machines

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'll drop $7000 for the SE for my wife, she is worth it.

And if you keep it, I understand for sure! But, when you just sell it next month when the new flavor is out. Lose $2k. And all because of what people on here say is good or not. That I do not understand at all. How do you have a pin you spend all that $$ on and never play. 100 Plays in 6 months? and already selling it. Look at all of the Turtles being sold now... Didn't everyone need that last month?

#340 3 years ago

I don't get the title of this thread? How can one game devalue an entire market? For a music pin they set the bar pretty high. The fact that had so many of the assets will probably never be seen again, but devaluing an entire market is stupid.

#341 3 years ago

GNR is without a doubt an excellent package. I’ve played it and the code is stellar.
With that said, Avengers LE is also an amazing machine.
Rick And Morty is also a spectacular machine in its own right.
Hell, the code on Hot Wheels alone makes it a machine that is an incredible value purchase.
There’s also a lot of old machines that people are restoring to like new and preserving a lot of these timeless machines and actually increasing the value on some of these games imo.
It’s just a spectacular time to be in the hobby.

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

It sounds like you just hate rich people.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

It sounds like you just hate rich people.

Pinside is a hard place to be

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I did and you need to go sit in the corner!

What's with this "go and sit in the corner" crap. I think I get it, when ur confronted and have no means of return this the safe place comment. Weak, Last Week.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Who has $12k to drop on one pin?

Me.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

who just want to be first with the shiny new before everyone else and when the next trinket drops you just run to it.

Also Me.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

And if you keep it, I understand for sure! But, when you just sell it next month when the new flavor is out. Lose $2k. And all because of what people on here say is good or not. That I do not understand at all. How do you have a pin you spend all that $$ on and never play. 100 Plays in 6 months? and already selling it. Look at all of the Turtles being sold now... Didn't everyone need that last month?

“I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square.”

#348 3 years ago

I think many people have small collections and are willing to pay a premium for having the luxury of not only having the latest and greatest game, but having the game in the privacy of their own home....is that worth $500-$1K if they take a loss on the game? sounds like a personal choice + if u put 300-400 games on the machine its really not that big of a loss.

#349 3 years ago

i was gonna buy a ce. but then i figured i buy the le and save a few thousand. i was gonna buy the NIB le but was told its gonna be about 6 month waiting time. guess ill wait for a pristine HUO to pop up for sale like they always do. not gonna tie up any funds. ill buy some “devalued” pins in between then and now. thanks OP for the heads up. sell! sell! sell!

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

How the heck do you drop $10K on a pin and only play it 100 times.

That's easy to explain. A game is released and looks good so you go and try at the distributor and say to urself, "Yep I like it, wrap it up" now after 100 plays sometimes less the thrill is gone and its time to get rid of it, u almost start to hate it. Ok so u take a $500 to $1000 loss and that usually for me means roughly 200 a month. Well sir many many people spend that easily on dating, their children, dinner and a movie so what's the difference? Also I think u need to research the top 1%. U don't need to be in that category to buy expensive toys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,400 (OBO)
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines/page/7?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.