fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Slash crashing the used pin market...I would say a dude who smokes at your wedding is capable of anything

Ugh.. this song and video.

How do you go from making a a great rock record to your singer getting so far up his own ass he thinks he's elton john or Richard Marx.

Have some success, spend 50 million on a bloated embarrasing video, start dating a super model and write cheezy piano ballads about the cold rain.

so cool...

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Been in this hobby since 2010. When NIB pins hit 5K you should have heard all the bitching and moaning that went on. Prices continued to slowly rise. Everyday there was a new thread saying the price bubble is gonna burst. The bubble has not burst. Buyers keep buying as prices keep rising. As NIB is out of reach for many there is even MORE demand for used games so the price of those continue to increase. The success of GnR will only increase the cost of used games as they are a cheaper option for most so again more demand. Until NIB sales slow or lower in price used games are not gonna decline in price. Some unpopular titles have even gone up.

Many collectors pre 2010 have been pushed out of the hobby all together as prices have risen. Fewer and fewer collectors can do the simplest of work on a game like a flipper rebuild or a shop job. I keep hearing people can make ajustments to lessen the multiball but many new collecter will not know how

#153 3 years ago

I’m not sure about GNR affecting prices. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. I do think it makes Stern machines appear to be cookie cutter and Stern better up their game quick or lose market share.

If you compare just one aspect it becomes clear: the LCD screen on GNR is what, double the size from Avengers? Plus Stern went with one style of animations on Avengers while GNR has way better animations combined with concert footage.

Not to mention the innovative hot rails are pretty cool.

The base model GNR crushes base model AIQ and AIQ is more expensive.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Settle down skippy your tirades make you look small!

Calm down there Chuckles I don't think you even know a tirade if it hit you in the ass. The OP first post is closer than mine but not quite there. If a tirade is what you like hear you are https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

The base model GNR crushes base model AIQ and AIQ is more expensive.

Huh? GNR is more expensive and usually JJP games don’t include shipping in the price whereas Stern games the shipping is included.

Also, you must be new because when LCDs first came out in pinball a good portion of Pinsiders were arguing that the JJP LCD was too big and took away from the art on the backglass and that the smaller LCD such as in Sterns and Spooky is more ideal. Those were not my opinion by the way.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No actually it's getting easier. Forget about the multiball the fact that the majority of screen time is concert footage and I never realized what little stage presence G&R had make screen time a thumbs down. The lack of the ability of knowing what to shoot with all lights blinking thumbs down. The price increase is a thumbs down. The local distro in the northeast has 4 JJP games for sale G&R is the only one they charge shipping. The lightshow overwhelms the game thumbs down

You lose!Good day sir!

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You lose!Good day sir!

your-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpgyour-so-funny_o_1035046 (resized).jpg
#159 3 years ago

100% DISagree. IMO, GNR is not devaluing pins anywhere (or at least the US, can't speak for the rest of you).
I can agree that JJP is GREAT for the industry and has a proven track record (besides the WOZ debacle and POTC announcement and mechanical issues) of challenging the industry to be innovative.

One thing. I'm not only a collector (50+ games), I'm also the Curator of the Museum of Pinball (1200 machines) but also a NEW operator with a few locations.

Becoming an operator has uncovered some truth I suspected existed. These machines are built for locations. JJP and Stern (mostly Stern) make a good portion of the revenue from operators, I'd go as far to say a majority. A decent operator will buy at least one of each new Stern but sometimes 2 or 3. Where as a home users normally buys what they like, maybe every third or forth new game and then sell something to make room (and get the cash needed for the new one)

#160 3 years ago

I've been hearing people predict that new games will soften used prices for over 25 years. Hasn't happened yet, and I am still waiting.

#161 3 years ago

Remember this quote: “Good games are forever”

Has any previous great game devalued another great game? No. A great game will always stand on its own merit & be desired.

People still play old video games & watch old movies. Technology/newness doesn’t diminish the value of something that’s already got an excellent reputation.

#162 3 years ago

What's unique about GNR? It's got a light of lights? Nothing crazy in the play field design. Nothing crazy rule wise. Nothing crazy asset wise (22 songs? really? ) There aren't any cool or unique toys on the game.

I really wanted this one, and I might still get it, but I wanted it to be something more. At least the top 3 albums. About 4 songs from each Illusion album is stupid.

#163 3 years ago

If anything...they raised the prices of all other pinballs. Just like Stern did as they have raised their prices over the years. Pinball prices aren’t going down anytime soon.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market.

I don't think so. It's the LE and CE that seem to be drawing most of the "oohhs" and "aahhs" and they are priced around $2,000 over Stern, which puts them in a price category all to themselves. If you want to drop +$10,000 into a single machine there aren't all that many options. There could be a few machines put on the blocks to clear space for Guns N Roses, but most who are willing to drop that kind of cash on a toy aren't in a position where they need to have a fire sale.

#165 3 years ago

Funny how the obnoxious forum topics always result in the opposite effect. The thread becomes all the points to the contrary, as it should. Topic: GnR is so amazing, no competition! Posts: Pfffft....nah. AIQ shoots way better.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is too much work isn’t it?Maybe you can let it ride,try try try to let it ride!

Nope. Its never work to educate pinsiders who are uhmmmmmm.................confused. Its my duty. Oh and good beer mixed properly with the right chemical agents helps.

#167 3 years ago

The only games that were devalued are the ones that people are trying to fire sale to get their LE/CE. So would guess that's less then 10% of actual buyers. As for the rest of us that have no intention of buying one. It has no effect on prices what so ever.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nope. Its never work to educate pinsiders who are uhmmmmmm.................confused. Its my duty. Oh and good beer mixed properly with the right chemical agents helps.

I thought you would get the Let it Ride reference being from Canada

#169 3 years ago

Since we supposedly asked for innovation, what did we get again?

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Since we supposedly asked for innovation, what did we get again?

I realize you're just trolling and stirring the pot, but this is easily an innovative pin.

Off the top of my head:

- Hotrails
- Articulating stage lights
- Instruments AS playfield elements

#171 3 years ago

Genuinely not trying to be rude, but I don't think you truly understand how a "market" works.

#172 3 years ago

Not trolling, but a ball rolling over a pair of drumsticks instead of a metal rail doesn’t scream innovation. Fun idea I guess, but hardly revolutionary.

Are hot rails those lights on the side? Again, fun I guess but not legendary or ground breaking.

Stranger things is the most innovative game I’ve ever seen, if they can ever figure out how to fully utilize the projector it could be off the charts.

GNR better shoot Elwin good because it doesn’t have near enough other things going for it.

Quoted from zaphX:

- Hotrails

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not trolling, but a ball rolling over a pair of drumsticks instead of a metal rail doesn’t scream innovation. Fun idea I guess, but hardly revolutionary.
Are hot rails those lights on the side? Again, fun I guess but not legendary or ground breaking.
Stranger things is the most innovative game I’ve ever seen, if they can ever figure out how to fully utilize the projector it could be off the charts.
GNR better shoot Elwin good because it doesn’t have near enough other things going for it.

Most definitely trolling.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Agree, projection mapping is the most innovation in awhile - and honestly, Multimophic is probably going to be at the front of the pack for long time, innovation-wise. GnR has lots of cool looking stuff, not really the same as "innovation". Actually, wait - Pinbar?

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Its a great American Chopper idea.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 3 years ago

Hot Rails = LED light strips. These are just programmed and done nice. Nothing new.

Articulating stage lights- mod has been done on other games. Not new this is just better.

Instruments- artistic and very nice but it’s part of the art package.

In general on all new games we are looking for new interactive mechs/toys that interact with the ball/gameplay in new ways. Not stuff we have seen on a new theme or layout. That’s what I think all manufacture are struggling to connect with. It’s tough to design new mechs. JJP abandoned the discs in POTC as an example.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I thought you would get the Let it Ride reference being from Canada

Nope.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I realize you're just trolling and stirring the pot, but this is easily an innovative pin.
Off the top of my head:
- Hotrails

I'm not trolling. I was serious.

For months we were told that we asked for innovation and we were gonna get it. The light show is mind blowing, yes, but I dont think I would call it an innovation. And that's coming from a huge JJP fan. Huge.

#179 3 years ago

I would trade 1/2 the lights on the play field , the light bars on the sides, the lights in the back of the game, the second screen and the upper play field for all the songs from Appetite and the Illusions.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm not trolling. I was serious.
For months we were told that we asked for innovation and we were gonna get it. The light show is mind blowing, yes, but I dont think I would call it an innovation. And that's coming from a huge JJP fan. Huge.

Wow. I don't know what else you're expecting from pinball.

#181 3 years ago

Maybe fun and "design cleverness" will always trump innovation. GnR has the cool light show, Elvira has that amazing house, JP has the crazy munchy dinosaur. Those are some very cool fun things, and deeproot gave us....things.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Its obvious isn't it, more than just a great lightshow.

#183 3 years ago

In the innovation dept, Eric does say in the video they patented a new sensor. It's used in the shooter lane, not sure where else.

#184 3 years ago

No way that this game is a game changer. Once the honeymoon period wears off it will come down to gameplay and it looks boring as hell to me.

#185 3 years ago

It's this some sort of record?

Screenshot_20201011_165243_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201011_165243_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's this some sort of record?

Its gotta be up there. At least since Kaneda was banned.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Maybe fun and "design cleverness" will always trump innovation. GnR has the cool light show, Elvira has that amazing house, JP has the crazy munchy dinosaur. Those are some very cool fun things, and deeproot gave us....things.

Ultimately a theme/design/rules that work together in harmony to make you FEEL something is what each individual game needs. For some games, complexity works, for some simplicity works. Iron Man, a simple game, contains everything it needs to be a great Iron Man game. Twilight Zone, a complex game, is what it needs to be to be a great TZ game. From what I can tell, GnR is exactly what it needs to be to be a great GnR/rock/concert game.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's this some sort of record? [quoted image]

God no

#189 3 years ago

Who holds it then? The Todd book guy?

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

In...innovation? Why did they mention that word?

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

In...innovation? Why did they mention that word?

Yeah...this was just them blowing hot air right around the TMNT release, hoping to get people to hold onto their pinball $. Then AIQ (and Hot Wheels?) actually beat them to next release. In the long run, won't matter - but memory-holes on Pinside quickly get filled.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265692064697790465

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

JJP clearly is raising the bar here but ultimately so what?

This made me laugh......

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNRj drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

May I just take this opportunity to congratulate you on the large number of up- and downvotes you have received. You have poked the bear.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

large number of up

?

#195 3 years ago

It‘s customary to pose a question before the question mark.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It‘s customary to pose a question before the question mark.

Not when ur quote is the question.
154 down compared to 25 up is hardly a high number of both.
?

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

This made me laugh......

Seriously, how would Stern respond? Have they changed much because WOZ or Pirates was released by JJP?

That is the context of my comment.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

May I just take this opportunity to congratulate you on the large number of up- and downvotes you have received. You have poked the bear.

I think it´s redicoulus.
Being worried that conventional new not exceptional games like stranger things, munsters etc will drop in price if something considered gamechanging will come up, seems totally fair. Ts isnt even rude or anything.
Then the thread basically revolves around harpying and non-sense ignoring topic, makes it worse.

If an awesome new electric car going 600miles on one charge, costing as a petrol car with better stats, would you scuff at a thread wanting to discuss if petrol cars companies was about to go out of buisness?

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think it´s redicoulus.

Me 2

#200 3 years ago

OP is in for the troll post of the year TWIPY.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 11,000.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.