fat axl (resized).png
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg
2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
0_wWYk3YFNmHw1P7ov_ (resized).png
Cage Laugh.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Playing GNR.gif
Laughing..gif
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe after a 30-45 minute game of fat Axl, endless multiballs, eye tracers from lightshow overload and wondering who the hell Melissa or Frank is it will end up being a good/fun game that GNR fans will love but will be hit and miss with most pin players.

Man I hate to say it, but that fat old Axl is not what I was hoping to see so much of.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man I hate to say it, but that fat old Axl is not what I was hoping to see so much of.

Wasn't he suing photographers at one point for posting Fat Axl pics? You'd think he'd be first in line demanding a skinny filter on the video display.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And how many games of GnR have you played?

None, but I'm not comparing gameplay yet. JJP's *past* games haven't been too compelling for me, but this one is still unknown.

I will say the playfield layout looks pretty standard whereas JP2 and Avengers mixed it up a bit more.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Extra flippers don't always make a better game. I have one in my lineup that I positively hate at times since the extra flipper will block the path of the ball if not sucked back in promptly.

Agree that extra flippers aren't always good (see: Laser Ball) .. in this case (maiden) the flippers are two staged, and you can skillfully drop the uppers to make the orbits when needed.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ZERO....to me theme matters thus the type of music matters

And that's a perfectly good reason to choose GnR over other titles.

#106 3 years ago

Everything gets old.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Everything gets old.

Especially this thread.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I value both. Thus, I’m getting both
They aren’t mutually exclusive

If I had the cash, I'd buy both too. If a person had to choose, then I think my points are pretty spot on.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Wasn't he suing photographers at one point for posting Fat Axl pics? You'd think he'd be first in line demanding a skinny filter on the video display.

He DID try to get pics of himself removed from google. True story. Not sure why that's getting downvoted?

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

We've come full circle...
WOZ was all about the RGB LEDs
Hobbit was all about the droptargets
DI was the return of Lawlor
PoTC was Eric debut
Wonka was cost cutting after Pirates
and now GnR is all about RGB LEDs again

Confirmed: drop targets in Toy Story!

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

not sure it devalued anything but it sure as hell will change expectations on future machines.

I wish I could see the look on Steve Ritchie face when the cool video was put out for reveal.Big Ritchie fan here but Im sure he’s handcuffed

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn do they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

WHAAAA? Uhm....no. While I applaud your enthusiasm, I think you're over stating "truly exceptional and unique." I like me some GnR, really do; love that Slash helped out, along with Axl and the gang. JJP pulled stops for licensing, that I will grant ya. Stern has to up their silly cheapskate licensing now. Other than that, pin looks wonderful, that's all.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Didn’t you and others say they would never sell out of $12500 collectors editions?

#114 3 years ago

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn do they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

Looking at the thumbs up vs the thumbs down and the fack Stern FB fallowers number 524,674 vs JJP FB pg with 39,128 fallowers I don't think Stern is worried

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

when JJP released WoZ, it was a game changer, did it devalue NIB sterns or older titles?
No

LOL It drove prices up

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Looking at the thumbs up vs the thumbs down and the fack Stern FB fallowers number 524,674 vs JJP FB pg with 39,128 fallowers I don't think Stern is worried

No doubt, but it will be interesting to compare their LZ LE version to JJP's LE...both about the same price....

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Your job here just keeps getting more and more difficult!Maybe you should give it a LITTLE break?

#118 3 years ago

I wish we could combine the build quality of JJP pins with the much better shooting (and usually better themed) Stern pins. That would be something!!!

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

As prices continue to rise on NIB pins, older pins that can be had much cheaper than NIB items look pretty darn desirable from a monetary standpoint.

In all fairness. Is the price of stuff really going up, or is the value of money going down?

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

In all fairness. Is the price of stuff really going up, or is the value of money going down?

Both.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I wish we could combine the build quality of JJP pins with the much better shooting (and usually better themed) Stern pins. That would be something!!!

Get GnR and you’ll have both

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

However, all I am seeing from Pinsider market ads is prices going up ....maybe Levi has some insight as to the market bubble speculation?

Ok, let’s speculate... the price of pins will start dropping when the market hits saturation... right now, Millennials with money and space are driving prices up as they discover home ownership. They gather at the Barcades and drink and play and then someone says “we ought to buy one of these and play it at my house”. Then they all get tired of IMDN Pro, and need something else... and so on and so on. Until they move on to the “next big thing”. A lot of these guys are hard core gamers and their love of gaming is reflected in their pin purchasing. I don’t see a price drop on the horizon until the Barcades and Arcades lose their luster and attraction. And when these guys and girls start dropping babies, the cost of keeping a huge home collection will be overshadowed by the cost of kids and the market will start flooding with Machines, and only the cost of storage (which has stayed abreast with inflation) will put these all back on the market. Maybe in 5 years, maybe less, but not much more than that is my guess. Notice I said guess, who or wtf really knows?

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

GnR is cool, but honestly, if that lightshow was not there, would this still be as cool? No, I highly doubt it, and I also doubt that it would be as much of a sensation as it is right now.
This happens every time. A new game is released, there's a million hype threads, there's a gameplay reveal, and everyone starts complaining in the hype threads, making them a mess of negativity, incomprehensible banter, and downvotes.
But no. GnR is not going to devalue other games.

Taking away most of the stuff that makes a game cool makes it less interesting? You don't say.

#124 3 years ago

Of all the obnoxious forum titles, this one probably takes the prize..... GnR's so-so layout devalues this amazing thing?

2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg2fde1c2763748a6c3d30c9060e236ba6d73580d9.jpeg (1) (resized).jpg
#125 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Of all the obnoxious forum titles, this one probably takes the prize..... GnR's so-so layout devalues this amazing thing?[quoted image]

But it has a top hat!!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

100% this.
The housing market is a perfect example.
The buying power of money is not what it once was.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your job here just keeps getting more and more difficult!Maybe you should give it a LITTLE break?

No actually it's getting easier. Forget about the multiball the fact that the majority of screen time is concert footage and I never realized what little stage presence G&R had make screen time a thumbs down. The lack of the ability of knowing what to shoot with all lights blinking thumbs down. The price increase is a thumbs down. The local distro in the northeast has 4 JJP games for sale G&R is the only one they charge shipping. The lightshow overwhelms the game thumbs down

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No actually it's getting easier. Forget about the multiball the fact that the majority of screen time is concert footage and I never realized what little stage presence G&R had make screen time a thumbs down. The lack of the ability of knowing what to shoot with all lights blinking thumbs down. The price increase is a thumbs down. The local distro in the northeast has 4 JJP games for sale G&R is the only one they charge shipping. The lightshow overwhelms the game thumbs down

I haven't played GNR yet, but I own or have owned all the Stern modern music pins, and my guess is those games won't hold a candle to the new GNR....are the stern games fun...u bet they are (especially MET), but my guess is they will feel like a cheap toy after I experience GNR CE.....at the end of the day they are all good and picking one over the other is stupid.....Stern makes 10X more games than JJP so their product is just different. It typically takes them years to fully develop code, and they rarely pay for assets. Both companies are great in their own ways....

#129 3 years ago

Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

So we all knew GnR was close to being released, those who wanted to waited. I don't think for a second anyone thought "well I want to see GnR and I love that band but I can't wait so I'll buy Avengers.
Do u honestly believe that Led Zeppelin fans are gonna pass because of GnR? I think it looks good but after seeing gameplay I'm sorry it isn't anything special.

Quoted from xfassa:

GNR will bring new people into the hobby.

No it won't

Quoted from Cheeks:

but Stern watches and learns, and I'm fearful it will have an effect on future Stern games.

Its not gonna have any effect.

Quoted from gdonovan:

it was a $1800 game 2 years ago and now you can't touch one unless you cough up $3500 minimum with people asking $4500-6500

Stern SW's has nothing to do with how much DESW is going for. If anything is should have gone down in price. What SW fan would buy the DE version over Stern? People may be asking high prices, doesn't mean there are getting it.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

GnR is cool, but honestly, if that lightshow was not there, would this still be as cool? No, I highly doubt it, and I also doubt that it would be as much of a sensation as it is right now.

I agree, and that novelty will wear off real fast. I don't think its a sensation at all. Most of us cooled off real fast after watching gameplay.

#130 3 years ago

Let's face it.When Zeppelin drops this hype train will end and a new one will begin.And GNR didn't devalue jackshit.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So we all knew GnR was close to being released, those who wanted to waited. I don't think for a second anyone thought "well I want to see GnR and I love that band but I can't wait so I'll buy Avengers.
Do u honestly believe that Led Zeppelin fans are gonna pass because of GnR? I think it looks good but after seeing gameplay I'm sorry it isn't anything special.

No it won't

Its not gonna have any effect.

Stern SW's has nothing to do with how much DESW is going for. If anything is should have gone down in price. What SW fan would buy the DE version over Stern? People may be asking high prices, doesn't mean there are getting it.

I agree, and that novelty will wear off real fast. I don't think its a sensation at all. Most of us cooled off real fast after watching gameplay.

This is too much work isn’t it?Maybe you can let it ride,try try try to let it ride!

#132 3 years ago

Imagine Zeppelin tunes going and you're flipping that Ritchie flow. Dream machine.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But it has a top hat!!

Just something else ripped off from anther game!

#134 3 years ago

Been in this hobby since 2010. When NIB pins hit 5K you should have heard all the bitching and moaning that went on. Prices continued to slowly rise. Everyday there was a new thread saying the price bubble is gonna burst. The bubble has not burst. Buyers keep buying as prices keep rising. As NIB is out of reach for many there is even MORE demand for used games so the price of those continue to increase. The success of GnR will only increase the cost of used games as they are a cheaper option for most so again more demand. Until NIB sales slow or lower in price used games are not gonna decline in price. Some unpopular titles have even gone up.

#135 3 years ago

Can Slash stand next to my system 11s for a minute?
He must have magic in that hat! $$
692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg692CD31E-3625-484E-A33E-6FB9CF991CB8 (resized).jpeg

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Agreed. It happens with every reveal. Some people just get overhyped and start talking nonsense. After a day passed, I was like yeah it looks cool and wanna try it, but people are nuts if they think it's going to destroy competitors and crash the pinball market. lol fuckin' newb goobers.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Settle down skippy your tirades make you look small!

#138 3 years ago

After watching the videos, it’s very clear that GNR offers something truly exceptional and unique. I love my Stern games, but damn they seem outdated when I look at what Eric did with GNR. Congrats to all those who were able to sell your games before the GNR release. I think used prices will drop as GNR drains the market. Its obvious now why Stern was so quick to release Avengers. If I was Stern, I wouldn’t release Zeppelin anytime soon.

Come over and play pinball.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Come over and play pinball.

That’s one up vote for you buddy!

#140 3 years ago

too bad the JPP is themed modern GnR vs Appetite era GnR. who wants to see that...cant wait to play...total deal breaker to ever own. i think JPP pirates is super cool but cant pay that much for a pin.

i hope the stern zeppelin will have a vintage vibe with no overweight band members to be seen.

#141 3 years ago

I hope it does. I could use some cheap pins

#142 3 years ago

The funny thing is almost 5 years ago when DI came out and they announced pricing and people were like WTF. All it took is time and a better theme and it was shut up and take my money!!!

The people have spoken and have now shown the price is acceptable. What is really funny about this is when Kiss was released everybody LAUGHED THEIR ASS off at the 100 or so Kiss was selling on their website at 12,500 with signed apron cards.

I am not sure if pinheads are smart, have too much money, or have no common sense. I am not bitching at the high prices but all these people that continually spout out “I would pay XXX for that theme” got what they wanted. Never seen anything like it in my life. The good thing is the manufacturers are listening and now you CAN pay XXX and probably more for whatever title you want if you wait for it. 1K for a topper....good grief. So now that 10K by Xmas is no longer a joke wait till the next level of tiered pricing rolls out. It’s coming. And I am sure there will be SLE models to boot so get your video applications ready. FOMO exploited to the max. I hope the next title release lives up to this one.

Pretty soon the Stern home versions will seem like a bargain before too long.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Pretty soon the Stern home versions will seem like a bargain before too long.

Not a chance.

#144 3 years ago

Between 2011 and 2020, one thing has been clear. The prices of NIB games have dramatically increased in price incrementally throughout the decade, and along with that the prices of used games including system 11, DMD and LCD games have all continued to go up in price from year to year as well. That increase in prices of used games does not mean it goes up in value compared to the NIB price. It only means the value of used games are trending up once they have their initial depreciation from being no longer NIB as compared to past used prices.

So no, the values of used games are not suddenly dropping from the release of one title that is the new shiny object of the month. People do like to own multiple titles in this hobby and like to have variety as well.
I have seen this story play out so many times over the decade and the good games are always valued and coveted as long as people in this hobby are still motivated by the hobby in general.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from LTRAiN:

too bad the JPP is themed modern GnR vs Appetite era GnR. who wants to see that.

What's wrong with this?!

fat axl (resized).pngfat axl (resized).png
#146 3 years ago

I mean, I do see upper-end collectors selling pins in order to pay for the new hot game. I picked up my EHoH for $7k with art blades, a shaker, and <100 plays. Guess what game the seller was getting ready to pay for? Yep, the new Avengers. And why did he do that? Because he was hyped for the new hot pin, and he needed the money/space.

I think an upper-end game like GNR will lower prices, but only for other upper-end games. I would imagine a lot of DI's, Wonkas, WOZ's, Turtles Prem/LE's, and B/W Classics & Remakes will continue to show up on the marketplace for well-below MSRP prices. But like many others have said, I would expect used older and lower-tier pins to continue to rise.

Because owners with a lower budget still need something to buy, and NIB pins are too much money for a lot of pinball enthusiasts. Plus, replacement parts/components for older games are more plentiful than ever, so that helps keep the old games going strong.

#147 3 years ago

Slash crashing the used pin market...I would say a dude who smokes at your wedding is capable of anything

63E2DB0B-7E06-45A1-A0AC-3DB7DC1F31C0 (resized).jpeg63E2DB0B-7E06-45A1-A0AC-3DB7DC1F31C0 (resized).jpeg
#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If games get more advanced utilizing new tech AND becomes more fun, providing a more amusing show and entertainment ofc it will devalue older not so fun and amazing games. This is just as normal as nobody finding an electronic tube fat tv great anymore

Sure there may be a nostalgic and collector value in old things, but as a whole it will devalue lesser and older stuff.
If this continous, which is great btw i dont think the cgc model holds up much longer.

Man all those 3k system 11s sure did lose their value thanks to wpc, whitestar, sam, and spike games.

Did you even take a moment to think of what games cost on the used market before you formed this statement?

#149 3 years ago

I agree, Elwin games are so good, they will hold their value well. My statement is more about the subpar crap that has hit the market in the last 10 years.

If your comment is about the subpar crap that has hit the market in the last 10 years then it is not really G&R that hurt the value of crap games it is the fact they are crap

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I never said that.. until this thread I rarely commented on JJP. I had no idea their prior CEs hadn't sold out either.
I think they left money on the table at 500 CEs for GnR, but not sure if they realized it would be as big a hit as it is.
I do NOT like them limiting playfield features to the CE. Stern does this correctly with just the extra bling for "CE" and the JJP policy discourages me from considering their games. I want a chance to try the different playfields before buying... if they won't offer that chance, I am less likely to buy any of them.

First I think leaving a little money on the table is a good thing trying to get every last doller you can will endup biting you in the ass if not this time than next time. As for what is better on an LE game extra bling of an extra toy I say neather are worth the cost

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-face-it-people-gnr-just-devalued-all-machines/page/3?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.