• 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bkerins
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!YCDI.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

What do you want the rule sheet to look like? What questions should it answer?

I would love to know sequences of song selections to maximize scoring. Also how to maximize the scoring of each song, when to change songs and when to stay in a certain song.

How do you attack the lit notes? Is it helpful to shoot them all, then relight and start over. How do the lit notes affect how many shots in multiball will be needed to initiate add-a-ball, and what are the strategic implications of this?

How lucrative area the super modes and how do you balance the risk/reward of going for the associated shots? Or, do you just start them and ignore them?

#52 9 years ago

Ok; most of these are strategy questions instead of "what are the rules" questions, and that's good because that's what I would prefer to talk about. Thanks.

#53 9 years ago

The basic "What are the rules" seems to be fairly well answered here: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4761-For-Those-About-to-Rock-AC-DC-Premium-LE-v1-65-Ruleset

Certainly, if their are significant errors or omissions it would be helpful to list them. Otherwise, to me it is the integration and application of those complex rules towards sensible and lucrative scoring strategies that is so difficult to grasp in any comprehensive way, and which would be welcome material for a rules "discussion".

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Ok; most of these are strategy questions instead of "what are the rules" questions, and that's good because that's what I would prefer to talk about. Thanks.

Just wanted to say how great that video was that you did Bowen.
It's the reason that I chose ACDC as my first pin and it's still my fav.
I can play and play, and get nothing but frustrated, then watch bits of that video and think: "damn! I really need to try to control EVERY shot I make."
It's not only informative, it's like pinball blinders.

Thanks again!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

While we are talking AC/DC rules, what lights the 2X Bonus stamp at the end of a ball?
I know the flashing FIRE letter sometimes collects it, but have no idea what starts the letter flashing in the first place.

I believe it's when you complete "R-O-C-K", by rolling over an outside lane, losing the ball.

#56 9 years ago

Its when you have super lanes lit, and roll over the flashing ROCK letter in the outlane.

Quoted from Chambahz:I believe it's when you complete "R-O-C-K", by rolling over an outside lane, losing the ball.

#57 9 years ago

Those lanes spell FIRE, not ROCK. ROCK are the standup targets on the right side. But yes you must do this:

1) Activate Super Lanes
2) Complete the four FIRE lines to light one flashing lane
3) Score an outlane with the flashing lane.

You can get up to 3x bonus this way.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Just wanted to say how great that video was that you did Bowen.
It's the reason that I chose ACDC as my first pin and it's still my fav.
I can play and play, and get nothing but frustrated, then watch bits of that video and think: "damn! I really need to try to control EVERY shot I make."
It's not only informative, it's like pinball blinders.
Thanks again!

Thank you and I'm glad you enjoy AC/DC, it's a great machine.

#59 9 years ago

I got grand champ last night after reading the pinball arcade fan rules again. Stellar game! Go Lyman and Bowen go! We need to understand more! Thx!

#60 9 years ago

Come on Lyman...

!YCDI.jpg!YCDI.jpg

#61 9 years ago

It might be interesting to write up a few common scenarios, and then explain the best course of action. Like (I'm just throwing out random ideas):

1) I've lit the jukebox to change the song. Do I cash it in now? Keep shooting? How does my closeness to the next multiball factor into that?

2) I've lit X multiball. Should I cash that in now or light another?

3) The cannon is lit for song jackpot, but it's too small. What now? (For players who don't normally make enough shots to complete the FIRE lanes 4 more times, what are ways to build the jackpot before loading the cannon for the first time? Are there shortcuts to the FIRE lanes, like the mode that has one blinking lane?) Actual related question: right off the bat on my first ball when the song jackpot is lit, if I build up to a multiball with targets or loops, will it award the multiball first when I load the cannon, thus delaying the song jackpot shot till I've had some shots in multiball?

Etc.

#62 9 years ago

It'd also be interesting to approach it from a "target score" perspective. Most people just cannot score 2 billion points, so sometimes going through the way to get the highest score possible just isn't useful.

Tell me the easiest way to get 50m. The easiest way to get 100m. And so on.

Edit: this is particularly helpful if you're playing in tournaments or leagues, where it's (often) not really necessary to attempt the end-all-be-all scoring strategy, but rather one that you know is likely good enough to beat your opponent.

#63 9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll see what I can do.

If multiball and the song jackpot are both lit, shooting the right ramp will start the multiball. You can then shoot the multiball jackpot shot from the cannon, instead of the song jackpot, and the song jackpot will still be ready to go.

(That sounded confusing, sorry.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-encourage-lyman/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.