2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Jethrodog:

I just noticed that if I max out the bonus multiplier at 10x, but then collect the bonus at the lower kicker, then the bonus awarded upon draining is awarded at 5x even though the 10x light is lit before the drain. If I drain without collecting up above, it awards the 10x normally. Is this normal? Anybody else have this issue? Nothing obviously fried. Seems like it could be in the programming, I can't find anything else wrong.

The game is designed to take away the 10x if you collect it midfield. If you complete the 5 bank again after doing so, it should relight for 10x and collect 10x the next time. The only bug would be why did the 10x light not go off?

I can tell you for sure that if the game has the 10x lamp lit, that's what it's keying on in the collect bonus routine - there is no separate variable for the bonus multiplier, it's the lamps that are lit that control it.

Quoted from Bax1:

The one I know of is with the sound disappearing on ball 2.

This is any ball that relaunches without scoring - or if your outhole double fires on launch. The background sound start on this game is a toggle - on, off, on, off, on each ball launch. Although, I hadn't ever tried a double, then drain to see if it starts again. It might not.

Regardless of how it works, there is a fix for it on ipdb as L3.

4 months later
#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I’ve worked on several early wms solid state games and have found quite the opposite of what was quoted from pinwiki and have had much success relying upon the mpu flashes to guide me in the right direction for repairs. I’ve never seen the behavior this game is displaying. I’ve ruled out all the obvious possible causes including some of the suggestions from this forum.

LED flashes on wms cpu boards aren't as comprehensive as Bally/Stern for sure. They just don't do anything much to point you in the right direction to look other than which ram might be bad. Not sure by what you mean by "opposite" as quoted from pinwiki. I can tell you for sure that the test only tests the gamerom checksum (first), regular ram (second), then the 5101 ram (third). There's no other functionality in that test (this is right from looking at the assembly code). There's no PIA tests, or IRQ tests. (The IRQ is working because otherwise you would get no displays).

So IIRC your behavior seen is the game is counting numbers up when you boot on the 1st player display and the match display? Are they the same numbers in each display? If the match # is counting from 00-35 and repeating, the game is in audits. (And on the plus side, it's booting fine to get that far). You have the diagnostic switch grounded via a solder splash, board attachment,or wiring issue.

Was this issue present before you started to do anything else on the board? Does it do it with j3 and j4 disconnected?

8 months later
#193 2 years ago
timewarp-target-sheet copy.pngtimewarp-target-sheet copy.png
6 months later
#208 1 year ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Anyone know where I can find a mpu for my Time Warp?

pinballpcb.com makes a good one.

1 month later
#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Turkishdisko:

Seeking a little help. Seems my cmos died and I figured I would need to replace the 5101 chip. Based on the chip numbers it seems there was no 5101 and instead 2 6810 chips. Chip markings: left: S6810-1P. Right: 5A-9003.

The 5101 is at a right angle to the right of the 6810s.

3 months later
#233 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberfez:

Another Question - After-market displays. What are your thoughts on color? I was thinking of going with blue displays becauuse TW is so themed in blue. Thoughts. Orange , Red or Blue?

I put blue ones in mine when I had it hated it. Changed back to orange and put the blue displays in a flash I was selling.

'blended in' too much. I didn't know about the blue eye thing that snyper2099 pointed out, I do have blue-green eyes so maybe that's why.

1 week later
#245 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

What a second, is the time warp pinball machine somehow related to THHPS? This might be a must find for me if this is the case.

No not related to Rocky horror.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Look at it this way. The machine was designed with the curved flippers. It was said that public/buyers didn't take well to them and later in the production switched over to the straight flippers.

I thought it was the opposite Barry Oursler designed with straight but Mike Stroll made him put curved. Then they ran out and the last two thousand off the line got straight. I think his topcast interview is where I heard that.

I prefer straight when I had one.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Exactly! That’s this one’s gimmick and people take them off???…Idk..people are strange!

Well, the game is fun to play either way. It's not a bad layout although I do question what the 5 pop bumpers are there for, really not needed. You always get a shot back to the top saucer which can hop over it to get the ABC.

You can adjust to play correctly on anything, curved flipper or not. When I had an Orbitor 1 I adjusted to the way those flipper work just fine, granted you're not trapping up, but you can 'aim' on the curved playfield once you learn its curves.

I still preferred the straight on TW, I'll have to relisten to the topcast where Barry talked about the straight design. He said years later at TPF that they were shipped all curved, which isn't true from several reports of operators from back in the day.... so who really knows?

Maybe precision metal flippers can remake the bananas and someone can come up with a better rubber shoe to put on them.

7 months later
#265 9 months ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I bought my father all new plastics for his time time warp and I had to drill out a few extra holes in them. Has anyone else has this problem? Thanks

It's common for repro stuff to not match the originals, or added posts etc. on the playfield where someone added a hole in the past. I wouldn't worry about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.