2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Reflowed the header pins and the display issue is resolved however a new problem has come up. The game will boot, GI lights come on but on the master display and P1 displays there’s a rolling counter. The game just keeps cycling through this. If I boot with the test switch in manual, the game does nothing. Pressing the diagnostic switch on the MPU yields both LED’s flashing twice then going off. Thoughts?

Did you get the two 4 pin connectors J3 and J4 in the right place on the upper left corner of the MPU board? They might be swapped.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I’ve worked on several early wms solid state games and have found quite the opposite of what was quoted from pinwiki and have had much success relying upon the mpu flashes to guide me in the right direction for repairs. I’ve never seen the behavior this game is displaying. I’ve ruled out all the obvious possible causes including some of the suggestions from this forum. I picked this machine up from a friend who said it worked prior to the battery holder breaking and that he had a “repair guy” install a new holder which didn’t fix the game (no corrosion on board).

There is a very small trace that leads from one of the ground pins of the battery holder to ground one of the logic gates near by (I think it might be IC 24). When the battery holder is hastily replaced and vias pulled from the board or traces damaged, this chip loses it's ground. The diagnostic switches are de-bounced by IC24 and are held in the wrong state when this chip loses ground.

2 months later
#191 3 years ago
Quoted from detroitzoran:

Did you ever figure out the resetting issue? I have a similar problem with the 5 bank targets. Each target scores, so I assume that the contacts are good (I've made countless adjustments). However the 5 bank doesn't reset unil after you drain the ball. The 3 bank seems to work properly just about everytime.

Quoted from Bax1:

check your wiring. I had that issue but one of the daisy chains came off. once back on it would reset. I am also beta testing some new boards that use magnets instead of the horse shoes. they are super responsive. loving it so far.

Yes, check your wiring for the "all targets down" circuit. DO NOT assume they are correct. Often they have been soldered back on in the wrong position.

If that checks out, check the diode.

5 months later
#192 2 years ago

Does anyone have or know where I can find a file I can use to print Time Warp drop target decals?

1 year later
#260 1 year ago

That looks awesome! Nice work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
750 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain?tu=schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.