2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dorothymacaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 7 years ago

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the wiring on the 5 drop targets?

The previous owner said he soldered something wrong on them. When the 4th target drops the targets score and reset. I am pretty sure he just put one of the wires from the 5th target to the wrong point on the bank.

#72 7 years ago

Thank you, Vid !

2 weeks later
#73 7 years ago

My Time Warp is slowly coming together.

My current problem is whenever the right slingshot fires, the left one also fires. It is only the right slingshot that causes this. When the left slingshot activates only the left side fires.

I thought perhaps that the contacts on the left side were too close together and sympathetically closing when the right side fired. I put a piece of paper between the contacts and the left still fired when the right fired.

I had previously reflowed all the header pins on the driver board and replaced the entire top 9 pin connector and Trifurcon pins for the solenoids.

Where do I look next ? The game plays fine with this flaw, but it is not right.

p.s. Thanks Vid for the pictures of the drop target's wiring. A previous owner had wired it wrong and now thanks to your pictures I got it rewired correctly.

Left_Slingshot_(resized).JPGLeft_Slingshot_(resized).JPG

Right_Sliingshot_(resized).JPGRight_Sliingshot_(resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago

There are a couple complete sets available on eBay right now

Set Of Williams Banana Flippers And Shoe Shafts - pinball parts/pinball machines

$14.95
Buy It Now

#77 7 years ago

Hi Vid

I ran a switch test. 41 is both right side slingshot switches. 42 is both left side switches.

I press the left side and the display flashes 42 only. I press the right side and the display flashes 41 - 42 - 41 in order.

If it is diodes leaking the switches on the right side (41) are to logical first step, or the left side (42) ?

1 week later
#78 7 years ago

My Time Warp was working reasonably well (one or two small problems still left to fix) until I replaced the decals on the drop targets.

I pulled the circuit boards on the drop targets and cleaned them with alcohol. I then removed the targets themselves, washed and cleaned them. Put on the new decals, reinstalled them and the same springs. I also replaced the leaf switch behing the 3 drop target bank.

I started the machine and did a solenoid check. The 3 bank did not have enough power to pop them back up. One of the solenoids on the 5 bank had enough power to pop up one set, but not the other solenoid. I checked that everything was smooth and not binding and it seemed to be. I removed the springs from thie posts and the targets wouldn't drop just from gravity, then reinstalled them. Checked all the connections and solders they looked good. Watched each target contacts slide down the the PC board and they all seemed to be making good contact.

The machine would step through the tests 01, 02, 03 - it would enter 04 but would not step through the settings.

Now the machine boots up but not in the GAME OVER mode.

What would cause the game not to start in the GAME OVER mode, I suppose is me first question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dorothymacaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain?tu=dorothymacaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.