2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agodfrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I was looking around and I didn't see a Time Warp Club post. You got to have love for those banana flippers!!!

Show your love for TW (all 80 of you!).

#2 9 years ago

I'll get things started and kinda why I was looking for a club. With only two games ( Time Warp and Disco Fever) with banana flippers I am sure some mystery abounds. I have seen a few instances of this and I guess I should just try it out but how do you make this happen? It seems to me like it shouldn't curve like this if you just put a rubber on......thoughts?

87912-i.jpg87912-i.jpg
#6 9 years ago

There are people...I won't name names.....barakandl..... that put reg flippers on this holy of holies....what terror

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

They came and asked me if it was ok to swap the banana flippers for regular, I told them nope

That's pretty bogus. The game was designed with these flippers.....so you play it with them.

I have been thinking a lot about the recent talks of some major championships having some older games. For me, and this is just me, if you are going to call yourself a pinball champ...a world or some big title champ in pinball, you should show you are skilled at all eras. Newer games have an increased amount of control (automatic ball returns to the flipper) that older games don't have.

For me it's about thinking 2,3, or 4 moves ahead. It's about making shots, sticking them, and thinking about where the ball will go. I LOVE these sys 6 games because it really challenges your ability. I think EMs would go even further.

Now when it comes to uneven scoring in older games, ok. But from a pure ball control stand point older games are the true test of a pinball wiz...there I said it.

All because of banana flippers

#13 9 years ago

See.....how do you work that magic......glue?

2015-03-07 10.52.42.jpg2015-03-07 10.52.42.jpg
#19 9 years ago

Yeah. I have the orginal blue rubbers. I will most likely go with the new yellow ones but for now the blue ones are doing ok for me. Just wondering how reg rubbers would perform. I'll get some of the deadly stuff. Thanks!

Also I plan on doing a rebuild and I'll get a new bushing. Thanks!

#20 9 years ago

with UPDATED snappy mechs, of course

#23 9 years ago

TW was one of my first games. I bought a Blackout on a Sat and then that Weds I picked up a TW and a Gorgar. I was hooked. TW really drew me in when I first saw it. Pretty amazing!

I'm lucky to have a pretty nice one, the only thing that needs fixed is the right inlane switch. Lots of points to be had there.

How many of you have the one way gate on your bonus shot? It took me a while to figure out there was a gate missing there and then pop one in. I thought it would significantly increase my score.....not so much, ha.

What's your top score so far, not many high scores listed on here. Mine is in the 750's, tighter tilt, 3 ball (of course )

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 7.20.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-09 at 7.20.59 AM.png
#29 9 years ago

AJ. Put your high score into the database. Not nearly enough high scores for TW!!

#37 9 years ago

super fun game, different, and can be had pretty cheap since people don't know!! Lovin' it!!

#44 9 years ago

I think as a pair that's not a bad deal for 1200. You're in for some wok though........oh yeah

#47 9 years ago

Mine just got dropped in my lap. I was getting a Gorgar and asked if he had anything else. He said TW and he would sell it cheap. I'LL TAKE IT!!

2 weeks later
#49 9 years ago

Welcome to the Club.....fun club to be in esp with banana flippers!!

1 month later
#50 8 years ago

Quick thread on an updated version of the ROM. Mostly some bug fixes, introduces some difference. If you're interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/l-3-time-warp-game-romfirmware

2 weeks later
#51 8 years ago

After quite a bit of time away...I came back to my Time Warp. Always entertaining!!

1 week later
#53 8 years ago

Never!! Ha

2 months later
#56 8 years ago

Thanks for reviving the convo. No backglass here. I was speaking to some of the talent behind the PPS repros and while he has some plans for TW art no BG on the chopping block, yet.

#60 8 years ago

Oh yeah I know they have the art and I spoke with the artist who would handle it because he's working on some other Time Warp related things. I actually asked him about making one on....Saturday. I should see him in two weeks. I'll bug him to bug Rick/Harry

#65 8 years ago

You'll love it. And the time wizard will real great rewards!

2 weeks later
#67 8 years ago

We spoke about it again and he said so far they have other projects going and time Warp isn't one. But that it's not an impossibility. Just not the next one they do.

7 months later
3 months later
#75 7 years ago

Yes! Anyone out there have a spare set of banana flippers. I've found the bats but not the shafts

6 months later
#80 7 years ago

Did a little time Warp streaming!!!

9 months later
#84 6 years ago

Welcome!!! (Banana) flippers all around!! Such a fun game

#86 6 years ago

Time Warp was my second by like a day. I committed to Blackout and then found time Warp and Gorgar the next day. Love it. Gorgar is gone, bo is gone ( maybe back one day) but tw is a keeper!

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

crunchysue Time Warp has no music only the increasing hum type sound that gets more intense with game play. Time Warp was my first to own and start the addiction.
-Mike

2 weeks later
#89 6 years ago

I've found some on eBay from time to time.

8 months later
#113 5 years ago

Sounds like an issue, MAYBE, with the coil firing. If the wires are fine you might have an issue with the transistor that fires that coil. I'm not a good person to tell you how to fix other than that.

1 month later
#139 5 years ago

Some segments are missing on p1 p2 and credit/ball . Tracked it down to these two burnt up resistors on the master board. Were getting really hot so I snipped them.

Any idea on the values so I can replace?

1837800396 (resized).png1837800396 (resized).png2042861307 (resized).png2042861307 (resized).png
#142 5 years ago

Schematic calls for 10% so looks like 5% would work/ is working as well. Just checking using a 5% would be fine.

Oddly I found another schematic that calls for them (R4 and R5) to be 100k ohm which doesnt match up to what's in there and seems to be working. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20180928-204953 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180928-204953 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180928-210141 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180928-210141 (resized).png
1 year later
#147 4 years ago

Could be the sockets are bad. Have you checked the wires to them? Those are controlled lights that go off when you hit one of the 5 right drops. I would check the matrix is in tact.

I will say overall those sockets go bad on me all the time. Especially in this game. Make sure the bulbs are making contact.

2 years later
#213 1 year ago

I'm back! Love how much love there is for TW. Such a fun game! I am in the process of bringing my back. Had a driver board issue at the moment. If any of you care to chime in I would appreciate it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-system-6-driver-power-display-boards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agodfrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain?tu=agodfrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.