2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 3 years ago

Just picked up a decent/clean TW. The game plays however I have one remaining issue. I saw another post with the same issue in the club but didn’t see a response.

My drop targets reset at the start of a ball, they score when hit however they don’t reset when either the 3 or 5 banks have been completed. Wiring looks good, reflowed many connections, fixed a couple broken wires. Diodes are all good too. Not sure where to go next. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

#169 3 years ago

Cleaned the sliders and contacts and making progress. At this point I can get the bank of 5 to reset by slightly putting pressure/bending on a corner of the assembly from underneath. The bank of 3 is about 70% on resets. Does this mean contact adjustments to fine tune? If so, any tips on figuring out which contact is the culprit?

#171 3 years ago

Not seeing anything obvious and all drops score, all wiring is intact and correct. Slider boards are in surprisingly good shape. I’ll keep messing with them, must be just a slight adjustment on one or more of the contacts.

Last issue I have with this machine is the display. I have a couple burnt resistors on the master display board which I’ll replace. Master display board has flickering displays. Per some other posts, I’m thinking IC11 needs to be replaced. Pulling off and reseating connectors corrects this issue short term but it always returns. Anyone have any additional suggestions?

#175 3 years ago

Thanks Bax1 and @someotherguy!

#176 3 years ago

Reflowed the header pins and the display issue is resolved however a new problem has come up. The game will boot, GI lights come on but on the master display and P1 displays there’s a rolling counter. The game just keeps cycling through this. If I boot with the test switch in manual, the game does nothing. Pressing the diagnostic switch on the MPU yields both LED’s flashing twice then going off. Thoughts?

#178 3 years ago

I’ve tried both with door opened and closed. Rom sockets look original so I’ll replace them and report back. Thanks

#180 3 years ago

ROM sockets were in good shape, replaced anyway. No change.

The two 4-pin connectors were in the right spots as they’re keyed.

Still no progress

#183 3 years ago

I’ve worked on several early wms solid state games and have found quite the opposite of what was quoted from pinwiki and have had much success relying upon the mpu flashes to guide me in the right direction for repairs. I’ve never seen the behavior this game is displaying. I’ve ruled out all the obvious possible causes including some of the suggestions from this forum. I picked this machine up from a friend who said it worked prior to the battery holder breaking and that he had a “repair guy” install a new holder which didn’t fix the game (no corrosion on board).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

750 (Firm)
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.