New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 120493)

Let's Do the Time Warp CLUB....Again

By agodfrey

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Bax1
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

time warp info (resized).jpg
time warp rules (resized).jpg
Time Warp Key (resized).jpg
time warp coin inserts (resized).jpg
20200704_190313 (resized).jpg
20200704_185650 (resized).jpg
20200704_185621 (resized).jpg
20200704_185012 (resized).jpg
20200704_185049 (resized).jpg
150F6265-C859-4108-8D71-EC1E6BB32CF2.jpeg
77E092D9-8796-4219-9F2D-28585A4C69CC.jpeg
20200419_075209.jpg
20200416_171045.jpg
AK-07-010 (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
59c3ad4207d517337f1b4da5149c792c804c4752 (resized).jpg

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago

After quite a bit of time away...I came back to my Time Warp. Always entertaining!!

1 week later
#52 5 years ago

I have a friend that just contacted me and would like me to find him a time warp.

If anyone in the general area has one, please let me know

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone in the general area has one

its just a jump to the left! LOL GL W/your search BUMP

2 months later
#55 5 years ago

Anyone have one of the repro translites for sale?

#56 5 years ago

Thanks for reviving the convo. No backglass here. I was speaking to some of the talent behind the PPS repros and while he has some plans for TW art no BG on the chopping block, yet.

#57 5 years ago

I saw this thread revived and thought it was tied to everyone talking about Rocky Horror.

#58 5 years ago

Congrats Aurich you got everyone to open a thread thinking there was some early reference giving away the RHPS theme and we just get to read about banana flippers instead!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Thanks for reviving the convo. No backglass here. I was speaking to some of the talent behind the PPS repros and while he has some plans for TW art no BG on the chopping block, yet.

I saw that harry_pps posted in another thread that they had the art and could make translites, but he's not responding to PMs so far...

Hopefully they come through, otherwise bgresto might be the only option.

#60 5 years ago

Oh yeah I know they have the art and I spoke with the artist who would handle it because he's working on some other Time Warp related things. I actually asked him about making one on....Saturday. I should see him in two weeks. I'll bug him to bug Rick/Harry

#61 5 years ago

Awesome. What else are they working on? I'm picking up a Time Warp on Saturday that I haven't seen at all other than a few blurry pictures, so I'm just trying to cover my bases if it's totally hosed.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Yeah. I have the orginal blue rubbers. I will most likely go with the new yellow ones but for now the blue ones are doing ok for me. Just wondering how reg rubbers would perform. I'll get some of the deadly stuff. Thanks!
Also I plan on doing a rebuild and I'll get a new bushing. Thanks!

Does anyone know of a source for the original blue rubbers? The ones I have are in great shape, and have the original Williams logo molded into them. The yellow ones I sourced have no logos. If the blue originals are no longer obtainable, I may switch over and use the yellow ones for normal play and save the originals for show and tell...

Mac

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

If the blue originals are no longer obtainable

I don't think the blue ones are out there. Action Pinball had them, but shows now as "Discontinued" and redirects to the yellow ones as a replacement. I have the beat up blue ones that my game came with stashed away and have yellows on there now.

#64 5 years ago

Picked up mine today. Doesn't boot, but should clean up decently. Hoping to dig into it on Monday!

#65 5 years ago

You'll love it. And the time wizard will real great rewards!

2 weeks later
#66 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Oh yeah I know they have the art and I spoke with the artist who would handle it because he's working on some other Time Warp related things. I actually asked him about making one on....Saturday. I should see him in two weeks. I'll bug him to bug Rick/Harry

Any updates?

#67 5 years ago

We spoke about it again and he said so far they have other projects going and time Warp isn't one. But that it's not an impossibility. Just not the next one they do.

7 months later
#68 4 years ago

I can join the club now, picked up a TW a few weeks back and will be doing a full restore in the near future. I think the curved flippers bring something special to the game, that and its really fun. I had to make sure the flippers were adjusted properly in regards to the alignment hole. Before they were slightly up and found it almost impossible to hit the right bullseye. With the flipper adjusted, its hard but at least i can somewhat aim and hit it now.

2 months later
#70 4 years ago

Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the wiring on the 5 drop targets?

The previous owner said he soldered something wrong on them. When the 4th target drops the targets score and reset. I am pretty sure he just put one of the wires from the 5th target to the wrong point on the bank.

#72 4 years ago

Thank you, Vid !

2 weeks later
#73 4 years ago

My Time Warp is slowly coming together.

My current problem is whenever the right slingshot fires, the left one also fires. It is only the right slingshot that causes this. When the left slingshot activates only the left side fires.

I thought perhaps that the contacts on the left side were too close together and sympathetically closing when the right side fired. I put a piece of paper between the contacts and the left still fired when the right fired.

I had previously reflowed all the header pins on the driver board and replaced the entire top 9 pin connector and Trifurcon pins for the solenoids.

Where do I look next ? The game plays fine with this flaw, but it is not right.

p.s. Thanks Vid for the pictures of the drop target's wiring. A previous owner had wired it wrong and now thanks to your pictures I got it rewired correctly.

Left_Slingshot_(resized).JPG

Right_Sliingshot_(resized).JPG

#74 4 years ago

Go into switch test and see what it says about those slings.

Could be a bad diode on switch?

#75 4 years ago

Yes! Anyone out there have a spare set of banana flippers. I've found the bats but not the shafts

#76 4 years ago

There are a couple complete sets available on eBay right now

Set Of Williams Banana Flippers And Shoe Shafts - pinball parts/pinball machines

$14.95
Buy It Now

#77 4 years ago

Hi Vid

I ran a switch test. 41 is both right side slingshot switches. 42 is both left side switches.

I press the left side and the display flashes 42 only. I press the right side and the display flashes 41 - 42 - 41 in order.

If it is diodes leaking the switches on the right side (41) are to logical first step, or the left side (42) ?

1 week later
#78 4 years ago

My Time Warp was working reasonably well (one or two small problems still left to fix) until I replaced the decals on the drop targets.

I pulled the circuit boards on the drop targets and cleaned them with alcohol. I then removed the targets themselves, washed and cleaned them. Put on the new decals, reinstalled them and the same springs. I also replaced the leaf switch behing the 3 drop target bank.

I started the machine and did a solenoid check. The 3 bank did not have enough power to pop them back up. One of the solenoids on the 5 bank had enough power to pop up one set, but not the other solenoid. I checked that everything was smooth and not binding and it seemed to be. I removed the springs from thie posts and the targets wouldn't drop just from gravity, then reinstalled them. Checked all the connections and solders they looked good. Watched each target contacts slide down the the PC board and they all seemed to be making good contact.

The machine would step through the tests 01, 02, 03 - it would enter 04 but would not step through the settings.

Now the machine boots up but not in the GAME OVER mode.

What would cause the game not to start in the GAME OVER mode, I suppose is me first question.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from DorothyMacaw:

I started the machine and did a solenoid check. The 3 bank did not have enough power to pop them back up. One of the solenoids on the 5 bank had enough power to pop up one set, but not the other solenoid. I checked that everything was smooth and not binding and it seemed to be. I removed the springs from thie posts and the targets wouldn't drop just from gravity, then reinstalled them. Checked all the connections and solders they looked good. Watched each target contacts slide down the the PC board and they all seemed to be making good contact.

Check for voltage at coil.

Replace the coil sleeve.

Check if you put it back together correctly.

Quoted from DorothyMacaw:

Now the machine boots up but not in the GAME OVER mode.

What would cause the game not to start in the GAME OVER mode, I suppose is me first question.

What do the displays say when you turn it on?

Can you take the ball out and go into switch test?

6 months later
#80 3 years ago

Did a little time Warp streaming!!!

#81 3 years ago

Yours plays nicely. I'm very excited to restore mine and put wpc flippers mechs on it.

9 months later
#82 2 years ago

Howdy, Time Warpers! I played Time Warp for the first time last night, then bought one today. Mine seems to be working pretty well, but I do have a question: Is there supposed to be music playing in attract mode? Mine is silent except for a little buzz that buzzes in time with the out lane bonus lights.

#83 2 years ago

Hi Crunchysue, there is no music in the Time Warp. However during the gameplay there is a sound option you can select in the menu. When selected there is a buzz tone that is going up in frequency as you score more points.

#84 2 years ago

Welcome!!! (Banana) flippers all around!! Such a fun game

#85 2 years ago

crunchysue Time Warp has no music only the increasing hum type sound that gets more intense with game play. Time Warp was my first to own and start the addiction.
-Mike

#86 2 years ago

Time Warp was my second by like a day. I committed to Blackout and then found time Warp and Gorgar the next day. Love it. Gorgar is gone, bo is gone ( maybe back one day) but tw is a keeper!

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

crunchysue Time Warp has no music only the increasing hum type sound that gets more intense with game play. Time Warp was my first to own and start the addiction.
-Mike

2 weeks later
#87 2 years ago

This has probably been asked several times.
Where can I get banana flippers?

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

This has probably been asked several times.
Where can I get banana flippers?

You can't. The covers are available, but only in yellow.
You may be able to find some old banana flippers that someone has in their parts stash, but no one is making/selling new ones.

#89 2 years ago

I've found some on eBay from time to time.

#90 2 years ago
2 months later
#91 2 years ago

So mad at myself. There was supposedly a "mint" backglass on eBay and starting bid was in the $30 range with free shipping. Since mine is toast I saved the auction. My phone for some reason did not notify me and the format bidder got it for ~$30 free shipping. Super bummed.

#92 2 years ago

She's planned for arriving wednesday, only no banana flippers

is it true that some were sold without them?

#93 2 years ago

There has been talk of no banana flippers. I love them. I have thought about seeing how it plays without. That said just last night I set a GC at 800k so with regular flippers I may roll it so I'll stick with the best non standard flippers!!!

#94 2 years ago

A bit of help please.

My 5 bank all registers when they are hit, but do not reset once all are down (and the multiplier light doesn't go on - but the bumper light does go on).

2 pop bumpers have stopped firing as well - even in coil test so not just a switch adjustment.

All help appreciated.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

She's planned for arriving wednesday, only no banana flippers
is it true that some were sold without them?

Yes, Time Warp left the factory with banana flippers and some with straight flippers.
-Mike

1 month later
#96 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Having an issue with my upper kick out hole. Switch registers in test mode and game play yet coil won't fire. Coil does not fire in test mode or game play. when coil is grounded it fires, when transistor is grounded coil fires. Coil tests good. I do not have a manuel, wondering what connector controls this coil? All other coils seem to work in game and test mode. Thanks.

#97 2 years ago

Hmm.....that's a mystery. Welcome to the club!!! I'll think about it. It's probably something silly...

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I do not have a manuel, wondering what connector controls this coil?

Schematics are on IPDB. Looks like you want to start with Page 16.
That is an odd issue.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just joined the club. Having an issue with my upper kick out hole. Switch registers in test mode and game play yet coil won't fire. Coil does not fire in test mode or game play. when coil is grounded it fires, when transistor is grounded coil fires. Coil tests good. I do not have a manuel, wondering what connector controls this coil? All other coils seem to work in game and test mode. Thanks.

Your driver/pre-driver transistor is probably bad. Usually they fail shorted and the coil locks on, but they can fail open too.

Since the coil fired when you grounded the tab on the transistor you verified your connectors are good.

#100 2 years ago

I will change them out tonight and find out. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 209.99
€ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Habos Arcade
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 16.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside