10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tommy.jpg
    th-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kennywawa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 10 years ago

My old baseball coach used to repeat "Keep your eye on the ball" all the time. I never really understood it playing baseball.

I did eventually get the concept years later while playing pinball. On the rare occasion I find myself flailing at an out of control missing shots left and right I stop trying to make shots. I stop thinking about what shot I should hit next or how many locks I need for MB. I focus on one thing, keeping my eye on the ball. I don't look at the shot I want to hit and back at the ball. The ramp is in the same spot as it was the last thousand or so times I've shot at it. I keep my focus on what is moving, the ball. Even when I know it isn't coming near the flippers for a few seconds I still keep my eyes glued to it. When I make that focused effort to keep eye contact with the ball I usually find myself making all the shots I was bricking moments before.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kennywawa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-discuss-aiming-or-shot-accuracy%e2%80%8f?tu=kennywawa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.