Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LexiLightspeed.jpg
    One Aisle at PinWiz.JPG
    2015-02-13-20-02-47--1565098055.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Nothing lasts forever. I'd love the current popularity to continue, I think we'll see a few more years, maybe 5 or so, then its just be the hardcore remaining. This mini flash is mainly due to 30-somethings like me having the money to finally grab these games and relive some of their childhood, which has allowed older collectors to sell them at a little bit of a premium to fund nib purchases. I see myself owning games for the rest of my life at this point, but I can see it being a fad for other people my age, they'll get bored of them and want to dump them if suddenly prices tank on them.

In 2007 Pat Lawlor also called for the demise of pinball manufacturing in 5 years, yet here we are 6-7 years later with a much healthier industry that didn't need the technological advances he thought were necessary. I see quite a bit of enthusiasm from age groups well into their 60's, so if the latest surge is only due to 30-somethings, your 5 year prediction is probably off by quite a bit as well. It's a fad that has been going on for decades, but there is some truth in what both of you have said.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-be-honest?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.