So I picked up this LW3 a few months ago, it didn’t boot at all, I recapped the PSU board and all my voltages are now spot on, game booting but no sound or DMD.
I downloaded Leon’s test Rom and powered up my MPU board with an external supply and narrowed down to 2 dead PIAs (9B and 7B), I socketed both of these and the game now boots, all sound working, but still no dmd, I done some testing on the DMD controller board and while waiting on some chips, I borrowed a known working dmd controller(thanks bigian) so now I get second of gibberish when I unplug the ribbon from the cpu board.
I noticed a small crack on the DMD so ordered a pinballsp colour dmd.
So I’ve installed it and I can now see the gibberish is actually the DMD Rom version. I’ve reburnt all roms, I’ve swapped the ribbon with one from my other pin, ive checked all traces from the PIA to the ribbon connector. The only thing suspect there seemed to be that some of the resistor networks(ra21,22,21)are reading a bit low.
My CPU Rom is the latest 2.08 and my Display Rom is also the latest 2.06
I’ve no idea where to go from here.
Here is a quick video