(Topic ID: 221110)

Lethal Weapon ball launch issues

By HeavyMetalBalls

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heavymetalballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I bought a Lw3 about 6 weeks ago and when I got it the ball launch worked for a couple hours then went completely dead and blew the q4 tip36c transistor on the ppb. I Immediately replaced it along with the resistor and diode next to it and it still didn't work. I've run out of things to look for. I've gone through all the transistors, diodes and resistors and replaced all the bad ones. Checked continuity from the coil to all the matching wires on the connectors. Replaced all the chips associated with the coils except the 6821(larger chip). Visually checked all the connectors. Checked the continuity traces on the boards. Replaced the Ball launch coil and diode. Replaced the bridge rectifier on the PPB, (I had a bunch of extras). Replaced the shooter lane switch. Checked the gun trigger switch which was probably irrelevant since the auto launch doesn't work in multiball. I also grounded a clip to the board and touched the associated transistor and still got nothing. I got a little trigger happy when I touched the transistor (maybe 4 or 5 times in a min) and ending up blowing the Q4 tip36c transistor on the ppb board. If anybody can help this newb figure this out i would greatly appreciate it.... Thanks

#3 5 years ago

I never checked the coil with the power on. The Vuk and ball launch run off the same wire and I get continuity from the Vuk to the coil. The Vuk works fine so Im assuming the ball launch coil is getting the correct amount of power

#5 5 years ago

Thanks man. Glad to hear something new to check. Ill Report back when I get home

#6 5 years ago

The lugs aren't close to anything. The coil spring is about a half inch away from the flipper switch. Looks to be enough room to never make contact.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

Bro....
It's either the 74ls273n or the pia chip.
I have a spare pia, the 273 chips i txt you links from marcos to order I think the pia too.
#1 order them
#2 donate to my 3d printer fund
(Since you keep offering to pay people for help)
#3 I will go over socket those chips and install, plus fix the other diodes you have out.
Done.</bloc

Bro....
It's either the 74ls273n or the pia chip.
I have a spare pia, the 273 chips i txt you links from marcos to order I think the pia too.
#1 order them
#2 donate to my 3d printer fund
(Since you keep offering to pay people for help)
#3 I will go over socket those chips and install, plus fix the other diodes you have out.
Done.

I already gave u money for the printer. U can't call it a fund when its already been purchased, Lol... I replaced all the 7408's and the 273.. Read the post

#11 5 years ago

Tell me the price for the job. Can't pay hourly, we worked on it for 14 hours that one week and still couldn't figure it out

#13 5 years ago

Well u wanted to work on it. Honestly I thought u were just gonna help out cause that's what friends do, especially since u said it would only take an hour. I actually coughed up 80 buck's. After a couple days of getting absolutely nowhere u starting saying Im gonna have to start chargING u standard rate. U think Im gonna pay $60 bucks an hour to someone who couldn't figure it out in 4 days? Im not rich. I just discovered that the trace on the q4 has been burned to the point of no continuity, but u never checked that. Before u even messed with anything that should of been the first thing to check since it took a lot of heat cause the fuse never blew. And the guy didn't Fuck up my board. U said it urself everything on the mpu checks out. But it is what it is. I messaged u for a resistor before I read this, go ahead and discard that text.

#14 5 years ago

Fucking up ur work? Nothing was ever fixed, Lol.

#15 5 years ago

Problem fixed! I guess I didn't check the traces on the ppb because the board still looked new and everything looked intact. The problem came on the board where the q4 transistor is installed. The first time the transistor blew it never blew the fuse. So it burned the board up pretty good. It burned through the board so bad that it burned of the majority of trace where the transistor sits. I checked continuity and it wasn't there. Thanks for all the help and ideas everybody. Im a bonehead for using my eyes rather than my dmm on some of the board traces

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,800 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heavymetalballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-ball-launch-issues?tu=heavymetalballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.