Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by bowtech
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

Just picked up lw3, was working last week before I picked it up and stopped before I got it. What I do know I'd f7 on psb blows with c1 connected. Unplug it and does not blow but only have g.i lights, no display. Any help would be appreciated

#2 5 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

f7 on psb blows with c1 connected. Unplug it and does not blow but only have g.i lights, no display.

Page one of your manual says F7 is for "Display Reg. Input" so it makes sense that you would have no display without that functioning.

Your post title says it's not booting either? How far is it getting in the boot process? https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Data_East_CPU_Board_LED_Flash_Sequence_at_Boot_Up_When_Working_Properly

#3 5 months ago

Only go gi and back box lights come on with it disconnected. With plugged in lights come on hear audio for a second then relay clicks and fuse blows and all lights go out.

#4 5 months ago

If I were troubleshooting I'd look into the boot issue first. After I got it booting I'd investigate the display/fuse blowing.

The link I posted provides guidance on the boot process. The board may show a series of flashes as described at the Pinwiki link. If you can figure out how far it's getting you can proceed with troubleshooting the issue.

#5 5 months ago

Update, can get game to play, no display and still blows f7 psb.

#6 5 months ago

The Death Star is now operational. Thanks to all who chipped in to help. Everything came back to the PCB, I removed it and looked at it and saw work had been done to it. I also noticed burn spots on the back box that seemed on. Instead of firing the parts cannon at it I decided to let a professional look at it so I took it to Clay and he had it up and running in an hour. According to him the previous repairs were made by someone not fully qualified and turns out they did not trim the transistors they replaced and we're shorting against the back box. He had me up and running and so far this game is great.

On a side note my DMD is missing a line of text so if anyone is selling one please let me know. Thanks again to all that helped

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside