image.jpg
image-313.jpg
image.jpg
lethalweapon3.jpg
lethalweapon4.jpg
lethalweapon2.jpg
lethalweapon1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Have a trade worked out to trade my Party Animal for a Lethal Weapon 3. Game plays fine and no wear on the playfield, just normal scuffs or whatever on the cabinet. Needs some work for the GI lighting on the main driver board. Guy has already replaced one connector and thinks pins just need to be resoldered on the connector(s). Think it's the upper GI lights that are out.

I've reviewed the repair guides and that seems to be the likely repair steps. Take a look at the pics I have and tell me what you think and your thoughts on the repairs needed.

Thanks!

lethalweapon1.jpglethalweapon1.jpg lethalweapon2.jpglethalweapon2.jpg lethalweapon4.jpglethalweapon4.jpg lethalweapon3.jpglethalweapon3.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Heading out to make the trade. Can't wait to play new pinball and go over the game this afternoon while watching football and drinking.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-313.jpgimage-313.jpg
#3 10 years ago

After a full tear down and shop with new rubbers and lights, looks like it should be in decent shape!

I would make that trade.

#4 10 years ago

So the GI lighting and playfield/back glass flashers work. It's the CPU controlled lamps and back glass lamps that are out. Need to check that fuse, but I think a few lamps work, so wouldn't be the fuse in that case. Will test the transistors for the lamps on the CPU board tonight. But otherwise the game plays great, which is the most important.

Cabinet itself looks very nice and the playfield does not have any wear at all. Just needs a good cleaning, new rubber and some LEDs once I get the lamps working.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-706.jpgimage-706.jpg
#5 10 years ago

Congrats! I like LW3 and think you made a good trade. Hopefully the fix is simple for the lamps. It looks to be in generally good condition. The big problem is finding plastics as they're all broken at the same places so hard to find them.

#6 10 years ago

Plastics look good, with the exception of one cracked and one chipped. But the cracked one isn't noticeable, I only saw it when changing a flasher bulb. The left extra ball hole has chipped plastic above the hole.

Also want to paint the gun shooter because the chrome type finish is faded and flaking. Thinking of painting it black instead of silver.

#7 10 years ago

Also noticed occasional dot or small vertical line on the DMD. Need to update the CPU and display roms since they are still at the original revisions, so maybe reseating the display roms will fix it. Already reseated the connectors, but no luck on that easy fix.

#8 10 years ago

Good luck with your acquisition. It is a fun game and it sits right next to my BK2K... just like yours!!!
Mike

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Plastics look good, with the exception of one cracked and one chipped. But the cracked one isn't noticeable, I only saw it when changing a flasher bulb. The left extra ball hole has chipped plastic above the hole.
Also want to paint the gun shooter because the chrome type finish is faded and flaking. Thinking of painting it black instead of silver.

Sounds like you did well finding one with few breaks.

I found someone who sold me a NOS one that was all black. Not sure if that's how it comes on all, but the black looked good:
IMG_1127.jpgIMG_1127.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Yeah, that gun looks much better black. Unless mine started out black too and it all wore off?

#11 10 years ago

Someone was selling a LW3 on CL here in Clarksburg, WV. Did you make the trek from Harpers Ferry to pick it up. I dont see it on CL anymore. Hope you enjoy it!

#12 10 years ago

LW3 is a great pin, i love mine!

I repainted the gun on mine black as the original "chrome" finish had worn off.

Congrats!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Someone was selling a LW3 on CL here in Clarksburg, WV. Did you make the trek from Harpers Ferry to pick it up. I dont see it on CL anymore. Hope you enjoy it!

No, I drove 2 hours east instead for the trade,

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

LW3 is a great pin, i love mine!
I repainted the gun on mine black as the original "chrome" finish had worn off.
Congrats!

What paint did you use, if you remember? How has it held up?

#15 10 years ago

Don't laugh too hard, but i used "flex seal". That black water proof stuff you get at walmart for $10.

So far, so good. Been a couple of months and it still looks great. I play it all the time, too.

I also used it on the lockdown bar, but it has worn off a little bit near the ends. To be expected.

#16 10 years ago

I think I went to look at this pin about 4 weeks ago. Was it near Wilmington DE ? I had considered trading my F-14 but looked like too many issues: lights, broken topper, and bad DMD. Playfield looked good, flippers needed adjusting. Probably a decent deal for a Party Animal. Good luck with fix.

#17 10 years ago

Yeah it was in DE. You'd remember the graffiti basement if it was the same place. No issues with the flippers and the DMD works...on some screens that is a dot or small vertical line on the left side, might get fixed when I replaced the display roms... and game plays fine. CPU controlled lamps are out, but I'll be able to fix that soon enough - good challenge for me anyway. Topper is just a blue dome, so I'll replace it. Once I get the lights working I will see if the light motor spins on the topper.

Not sure I would have traded F14 for it though. Trade and sale prospects are better with that than a relatively unknown Party Animal.

#18 10 years ago

I have a feeling I will own a LW3 someday. I see them for sale often and at prices I can afford. I like DE games and when I played this at the York show it seemed pretty cool. I also enjoyed trying to name as many album covers as I could from the ones hanging on your walls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-trade-your-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.