• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by androspl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello,
I was hoping that someone might be able to help. When I turn on the machine, sometimes the "we're back in action" happens or it only says We're back. Only sometimes the sound tracks work and you can play the game with no sound effects at all for part of the game. This has only happened since I lifted the playfield to replace some LED's. Not sure if I have bumped something loose or have damaged the sound card. If someone has any ideas I would be grateful. Cheers Julls

#2 5 years ago

Try reseating all connections and ROMs on soundboard. Also, make sure all cabling is proper. You may also need new sound ROMs.

Quoted from Julls:

Hello,
I was hoping that someone might be able to help. When I turn on the machine, sometimes the "we're back in action" happens or it only says We're back. Only sometimes the sound tracks work and you can play the game with no sound effects at all for part of the game. This has only happened since I lifted the playfield to replace some LED's. Not sure if I have bumped something loose or have damaged the sound card. If someone has any ideas I would be grateful. Cheers Julls

#3 5 years ago

Same thing happened to mine..check your connectors and wiring behind the DMD..where the sound board is

#4 5 years ago

Check wiring and all connectors on the SB and all boards in the backbox....if all good then see what your power readings are at the power supply and then check the sound board . If you have loss [wiring issue] or the power is low ex. low 5 volts it will not reset the sound board. It needs to be at least 4.8 volts at the SB.
I have had this exact problem and it was a small cap on the PS 5 volt circuit right by the BR1 called c2. I think it was 100uf 16v.
These are common to fail. There is another electrolytic cap in that circuit that is always bad too and it is to the far left just under the voltage reg heat sink called c7. Replace both of those and recheck the 5 volts.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the replys. I will check out the connections and voltages and see what happens.

3 years later
#6 1 year ago

Hey guys,
I have the same problem - will new sound rom solve the issue? or should I look for another cause of this weird sound issue?
the sound also stutters sometime during first animation (5 million - completing lethal weapon 1,2,3 - car crash)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanover, VA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside