(Topic ID: 78553)

Lethal weapon 3 opinions and price range?

By PhillyBilly

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Defiler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-2 (1).jpg
image-2.jpg

#1 5 years ago

little help on possibly taking a look at this one locally.

#2 5 years ago

Great game for $1k or under......$1200 if it's real nice and you have to have it......

#3 5 years ago

the seller is asking 1600 with LEDs

#4 5 years ago

Fun. Game .,I have seen them sell for 1k to 1600 depends on area and condition LEDs for most don't add any or a lot of value

#5 5 years ago

Get it for $1400 and you'll be happy

#6 5 years ago

great game. Very underrated DE.. I have one and always enjoy playing it.

#7 5 years ago

I bought one that needed work two weeks ago and it is now fully functional. I love it and so does everyone in the family. A very underrated machine in my opinion.

#8 5 years ago

Ok ok ok call outs annoying. Not a bad game for $1200 in great condition.

#9 5 years ago

love the game .friends and family love playing this game.if the price is in your range buy it .check out my post on lethal weapon mods....with more to come

#10 5 years ago

Very fun game, if the condition is good and it is clean then 1200-1400 wouldn't be bad.

#11 5 years ago

I really enjoy mine. Best $650 pin ever.

#12 5 years ago

Great game, miss mine. 1600 is on the high side. With full LEDs and if its in really nice shape. I say go with cash and see if you can get it for 14-15. If not, grab it anyway.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I really enjoy mine. Best $650 pin ever.

$500 for mine! The guy put it on ebay with no pics so it never got any bids. Turned out to be pretty good condition!

#14 5 years ago

thanks everyone.

#15 5 years ago

never understood why so much hate for this pin, dmd, great multiballs, amazing lightshow with leds and it plays a lot better than a lot of games outhere.
$1200-$1500 with leds in great condition is a good price.

most are in bad condition but when you play one in great condition with a lot of mods it's worth the price.

#16 5 years ago

For certain it seems LW3 is the Rodney Dangerfield of DMD pins (gets no respect). I've played one on route several times and other than the Pesci callout which I found annoying, it seemed like a fun pin.

Don't think you're going to find many dmd pins in good shape for less than $1200 or great shape dmd pins with goodies for less than $1500.

#17 5 years ago

The guy said he would do the LW3 for 1400 and it has LEDs I think I may jump on this one. Thoughts?

#18 5 years ago

Go play the machine & put a few games on it. As a LW3 owner my vote is yes, go for it. It is a very entertaining pin & after a year in the collection it still gets played as much as the others.

#19 5 years ago

Yeah I played it at showdown last year and expected it to suck but remember being impressed and I actually liked it

#20 5 years ago

One of my favorite pins that I've had through here. That said, it's a $1k pin.

Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Great game for $1k or under......$1200 if it's real nice and you have to have it......

My thoughts exactly.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

That said, it's a $1k pin

Quoted for truth (at least around here).... And at 1k, it is going to be one in very nice shape. It is actually a very fun machine, and if you like the layout of T2, you will love the layout of LW3. Nice integration of the gun handle during gameplay as well.

image-2.jpgimage-2 (1).jpg

#22 5 years ago

Check the boards. Make sure it plays and functions well. Plastic above center drop targets and lw1 holes better be perfect. For 1200 it needs to be nice. But if you like T2 then lw3 is basically a cheaper version with a more reliable playfield.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Ok ok ok call outs annoying. Not a bad game for $1200 in great condition.

Isn't there a ROM to fix that?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Isn't there a ROM to fix that?

Rumor around the campfire says there is a ROM that does calm down the "ookokokokokokokokokok ^100".

This was my very first pin in 2003. Got it for $1000. Was a great lil game.

The game's PF is very "flat" with only one real habit trail, which is a fancy figure 8, but then it seems "that's it". No real interactive toys, a good 3-4 ball scoops, and just kind of a very plain PF. Excellent sound, fun interactive DMD graphics, and an strong police light that is more bright/fast than HS2 if you ask me.

Make sure that light is in solid condition. The dome is nearly almost always cracked/broken.

For $1600, that sucker needs to be 100% perfect with a complimentary box of dog treats (LW reference) to chew on while you play. I'd aim for $1200-$1400.

#25 5 years ago

Buy it. I loved mine and let it g to a friend so I can still play it. I don't mind the call outs either. It plays pretty fast and the dynamic of having to use the gun at times while you still have to worry about keeping the ball in play makes for cool quickdraw reflex shenanigans.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside