(Topic ID: 180369)

Lethal Weapon 3 (LW3) attract mode question...

By MoSeS_1592

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by fornacigiorgi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

For a long time now I had the attract mode sounds on LW3 turned off. I decided to do a factory reset and keep the attract mode sounds on for a change. When I did however, I noticed that the attract mode sounds only cycle once after the machine is turned on and I think once after a game is played. I kept the machine on for 1 hour in idle after one game play and the machine only cycled attract mode sounds one time immediately after the game was played. This is confusing because I could have sworn that the attract mode sound would cycle periodically every 5 to 10 minutes or so back a long time ago when I first used to keep the attract mode sounds on. I am really interested now to find out if there is some other setting that may be affecting how it cycles... perhaps free play or replay settings? Does anyone know, have the same 'issue', or have a LW3 that cycles attract mode sound periodically that we could compare adjustment settings to?

Thank you to Scott8806 for bringing this to my attention

#2 4 years ago

Btw the manual says it should cycle every 3 minutes.

1 month later
#3 4 years ago

I have a WWF royal rumble, also a data east, and I'm having the same issue. It plays music immediately after a game is over then nothing. It will occasionally do a series of clicking sounds, I'm not sure what it is. Any help is appreciated.

#4 4 years ago

LAH from DE here. Same thing. Music plays once in attract mode after a game and that is it. Maybe just the way it is?

#5 4 years ago

It is the way it is. Both LW3s I have owned exhibited exactly this behavior.

#6 4 years ago

That's a pretty lame attract mode. I want to randomly hear Shawn michaels theme song until I don't anymore and turn the mode off.

3 years later
#7 5 months ago

on DE Rocky and Bullwinkle you can hear the BSTM2000 "wow" sound, and a thumping sound for the ad of the subsequent (then upcoming) DE Jurassic Park pinball. those 2 sounds are played only once.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside