Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spanks_4
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The other day I put a remote battery holder on my game and then installed the board back in the game. I was in a hurry to move stuff around so I never tried to fire it up until last night. Well when I flip the game on everything lights up like it should, game says "back in action" or whatever the repeat start phrase is, and then EVERYTHING shuts off and I can hear what sounds like an electrical hum. I tried turning it on/off 3-4 times during the night and same thing each time.

Before I did the battery relocation the game worked except for an occasional dmd issue. So anyone know where to start? Can the remote battery pack be causing this if the wires aren't soldered in real good? Note: I did like pinrepairs guide did and got the 4-slot battery holder and put a diode across the end.

#2 11 years ago

have you opened the coin door and reset the settings?
when you change your batteries (if the game is turned off) all settings in memory are lost and you need to open the coin door so the game cleans out the memory.

regards
buk

#3 11 years ago

No I didn't open the coin door as I figured it would just reset itself somehow.

So just open the door and then flip the game on? Do I need to push any of the test buttons?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

No I didn't open the coin door as I figured it would just reset itself somehow.
So just open the door and then flip the game on? Do I need to push any of the test buttons?

open the door, turn the game on, and that should do it.

you'll have to use the test buttons later if you want to change the settings (like setting free play, replay, extraballs, etc)

regards
Buk

#5 11 years ago

Sweet thanks Buk!

#6 11 years ago

let us know if that solved your issue.
if not, we'll have to dig deeper and check if your remote battery holder and solder job was alright.

#7 11 years ago

I think it's a bigger issue. When my battery died, it didn't turn off, it just won't finish booting until u open the coin door.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks Buk the coin door thing did the trick!

Now that it's been moved I have switches that need readjusting, 3 drop targets not resetting, and some other typical crap! Never ending battle with these things.

#9 11 years ago

So I assume that the coin door trick has to be done even when one replaces the batteries?

#10 11 years ago

That wouldn't cause the machine to completely shut down, just lose its settings. I would have the bridge rectifier on the power supply checked out, sounds like it is going open.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

So I assume that the coin door trick has to be done even when one replaces the batteries?

yes, if you ever replace the batteries (while the game is off) you'll have to open the coin door and turn it back on so the memory protect switch stays open and allows the CPU to clean the CMOS memory.

Quoted from spanks_4:

Thanks Buk the coin door thing did the trick!
Now that it's been moved I have switches that need readjusting, 3 drop targets not resetting, and some other typical crap! Never ending battle with these things.

I'm glad it worked! btw, I agree that sometimes moving a pinball triggers a lot of mis-adjustments that have to be checked on-site.

regards
Buk

#12 11 years ago

While I was doing the battery relocation I reseated all of the dmd cables and nice to say it came right up last night also so hopefully that fixed the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.