(Topic ID: 2488)

Lethal Weapon 3 Hole #1 Issues

By ngreenup

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ngreenup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Only had this a couple days, thought it was perfect but now I am seeing a few issues.

LW3 Has three holes marked 1,2, and 3... Most of the time that the ball goes into hole #1 nothing happens. Its like the games doesnt know the ball is in there. The #1 light continues to flash and the ball doesnt get shot back out.

On my breakshot machine the game will try to unstick balls when nothing is scored for a while, popping all the various parts one by one. Why doesn't my LW3 do this? Maybe a setting that is off? The only thing i can do when this ball gets stuck on LW3 is turn it off, reset the game, or take the glass off and remove the ball manually (which is quite difficult with no tools).

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

// Error: Image 2591 not found //

#4 13 years ago

I have done what you suggested. Everything appears to be in order underneath the playfield in that area. After some more messing around it really seems like the switch goes down and then gets caught on the way out. This explains why I was experiencing random video modes and a constantly increasing score. The machine believe that I am hitting the lethal weapon #1 hole over and over.

Any suggestions?

#5 13 years ago

If I take a small screwdriver and move the switch over slightly it pops back out. Most of the time it is depressed it gets stuck again.

#7 13 years ago

Thanks for all your help!

To fix the problem...

• I loosened the screws holding the switch onto the playfield
  • Then I moved the switch slightly away from the hole
  • Then re-tightened the screws, alternating each screw after a few turns

I am unable to get the switch to stick even when I try to force it to! I think this problem has been eliminated!

Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,800 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ngreenup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-hole-1-issues?tu=ngreenup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.