Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by dasqer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

I have a lethal weapon 3 machine where the gun will not activate the plunger.

I push the start button and try to fire the ball but nothing happens.

Then when i hit the flippers the score starts to run up with each flipper hit, as if the machine thinks there is a ball in play.

I thought that the machine cant tell if the ball is there ready to be fired or has already fired. Maybe the launch lane switch that senses a ball is ready to be fired was bad. I put an reader on it and that switch is working.

The switch test shows that the shooter switch and launch lane switches are working.

When i run an active switch test it shows the switches for the 3 trough switches are active which makes sense... but it also shows "left 4 bank #2" is active. Should that switch be active?

What else can I check?

#2 6 months ago

Dumb question, but did you confirm the coil isn't bad? Could be an issue in the switch matrix.

#3 6 months ago

When I hit start and then start hitting the flippers, the ball will eventually fire, it also fires on startup... so I know it does work, just not triggered by the gun trigger being pulled.

Which coil would I check?

#4 6 months ago

I have somewhat resolved this. One of the side targets was pushed down and making constant contact. Showed as "left 4 bank #2" in the active switch report.

Once I bent that back out to not make contact unless hit the gun now fires.

6 months later
#5 4 days ago

Does anyone know off hand what this coil is or what it can be replaced with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside