Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HeavyD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Any savy techs out there to help with the problem Ive got with my game...flippers dont work, karate kick, bumpers...all dont operate any more. checked all plugs, every fuse I could see. removed boards that seamed to be associated with these operations for a general view for physical damage. Im sure someone out there with this game would have a pretty good idea on how I could solve this. Ive downloaded a manual but someone with knowledge of the circuits and what/how to test this machine would be greatly appreciated...thanks

#2 9 years ago

Did you check the flipper board under the playfield, that's mounted to the side of the cab? There's a bank of fuses there that control what you mentioned.

#3 9 years ago

make sure every thing on the flipper control board is seated.

#4 9 years ago

Yes I checked those fuses... used a continuity meter. Unplugged the connectors, they looked like new, removed that board and looked at it under a mag light for a cold solder corrosion joint. I'd love for this to be a simple fix, but I think it's going to need circuit testing of some sort to solve this. When the side cabinet flipper buttons are pressed the red L.E.D's on that board do light up, for left and right

#5 9 years ago

If you need a new flipper board lkm. Have one sitting around.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks dude for the offer....that may be the case in the end. How much do you want for it? Still trying to pinpoint the issue so I know what needs to be changed...Hate to buy a flipper board and find a bad wire or something

#7 8 years ago

Never be afraid to call Stern Pinball

1-800 KICKERS

they will walk you through the repair

don't forget the relay in the CPU if it doesn't engage your flippers will never function

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from HeavyD:

flippers dont work, karate kick, bumpers...all dont operate any more. checked all plugs, every fuse I could see.

sounds like you've lost 32v and 50v, so i'd double check fuses, i think there's a few mounted next to the PPB board and on the power supply for those coils.

#9 8 years ago

Yes I checked those fuses as well with a meter and they are ok...I have power to the PPB. As for the relay mentioned above by Pinguy, not sure where that relay is that your talking about...Im going to call Stern Pinball and see what they can do to help....Later.. Called the tech at stern, HUGE HELP talked me through the board. Got the coils to operate by triggering the individual coil transistors (jumper from the each transistor heat sink to ground) and got the flippers to operate by manually closing the relay. The stern tech figures the trouble is in the I.C. mapped at 5F or possibly the inverter I.C. 12F, or norgate I.C. at 12B. I'm going to order all three and solder them into the CPU board and hope for the best...plug and pray as they say...stay tuned, could be weeks before i see them in the mail. Pinguys sugestion to call 1-800-KICKERS...best suggestion, over an hr on the phone, no cost!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-flippers-dont-funtion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.