Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by lincolnv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 37 days ago

I purchased a LW3, as soon as I got it home and turned it on one of the coils was stuck and started smoking. I replaced the transistor and two others that tested bad and bought a new power supply board, as the original was junk. Turn the game on and it works, but the ball shooter, plunger doesn't. Going through other pinside posts I find the transistor location, test it, it tests fine. I replaced the diode on the plunger coil, and now when I hit the flipper button it doesn't activate the flipper, it activates the plunger. I tested the diode, it tests .002 in both directions. I tested every other diode within convienient reach on the machine and they test the same. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy I tested a couple of diodes on my Xenon and they test as they should. What did I F up?

#2 37 days ago

Without knowing the machine, are you sure your connector in the backbox isn't one pin off?

#3 37 days ago

No. Why the bad diode test?

#4 37 days ago

Within switch test, when you press the flipper button, what does it say?
Maybe diode is reversed, but i guess you checked that.

#5 36 days ago

Yes I did check the diode. Now, nothing happens when the flipper buttons are pressed. I did put it in diagnostic mode, went to the switch test, when i hit the flipper button the screen says NONE and gives a series of colors, I'm assuming they are wire colors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside