Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Roverius
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I purchased a LW3, as soon as I got it home and turned it on one of the coils was stuck and started smoking. I replaced the transistor and two others that tested bad and bought a new power supply board, as the original was junk. Turn the game on and it works, but the ball shooter, plunger doesn't. Going through other pinside posts I find the transistor location, test it, it tests fine. I replaced the diode on the plunger coil, and now when I hit the flipper button it doesn't activate the flipper, it activates the plunger. I tested the diode, it tests .002 in both directions. I tested every other diode within convienient reach on the machine and they test the same. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy I tested a couple of diodes on my Xenon and they test as they should. What did I F up?

#2 4 years ago

Without knowing the machine, are you sure your connector in the backbox isn't one pin off?

#3 4 years ago

No. Why the bad diode test?

#4 4 years ago

Within switch test, when you press the flipper button, what does it say?
Maybe diode is reversed, but i guess you checked that.

#5 4 years ago

Yes I did check the diode. Now, nothing happens when the flipper buttons are pressed. I did put it in diagnostic mode, went to the switch test, when i hit the flipper button the screen says NONE and gives a series of colors, I'm assuming they are wire colors.

2 months later
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from lincolnv:

Yes I did check the diode. Now, nothing happens when the flipper buttons are pressed. I did put it in diagnostic mode, went to the switch test, when i hit the flipper button the screen says NONE and gives a series of colors, I'm assuming they are wire colors.

have you found a solution to your problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-flippers-activate-plunger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.