(Topic ID: 168281)

Lethal Weapon 3 coil problems with kickers

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Ok, I got the GI lights all working on the LW3, I got it to stop blowing fuses, now the left and right kicker are not working, they do not turn on when you turn the game on, but as soon as you start a game, the right one locks on the left one does nothing, Even if I go into diagonistics the second I do that right kicker fires and stays locked on. I changed Q12, no difference.. anyone have thoughts?
Thanks
Steve

#2 7 years ago

Are the switches for them working properly in switch test? If you ground the tab on the drive transistor for the left one does it fire? If the switches are working properly and the right one is not stuck closed I'd guess the pre-driver transistor is the culprit there, you could disconnect the coil and test with a meter to determine if that's the case or not.

#3 7 years ago

I did short out the transistor, and the left side did fire, however the right side is stuck on, also the laser kick back is not working, and that coil was roasted, the auto launch is not firing either.. This one has been a FUN project.. taking the MPU and PPB boards to be tested tomorrow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-coil-problems-with-kickers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.