Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-600.jpg
image-790.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I recently purchased my first pinball machine which happens to be LW3. All lights on the play field work fine. The flashers in the back box light and flash correctly. None of the remaining lights in the back box will light up. I literally have zero knowledge of what to look for and I would appreciate some insight. I am normally fairly good at troubleshooting about anything and I am somewhat mechanically inclined. For example, I took the entire play field apart, cleaned it, and put it back together... It STILL works!!!! I say that only because I don't want to scare anyone away because the don't want to help an idiot!!!
Thanks for any help that is available.

On a side note... The center target plastic is broken. I would like to find a replacement.

#2 10 years ago

Look for burnt connectors in the backbox. Probably in the center near the bottom. Marco Specialties or Bay area amusements will have the drop targets & decals. Welcome to pinside!

#3 10 years ago

9 out of 10 your power supply has bad connectors and pins. Known problem. You will need to re do the whole GI section of the power supply if thats the case.. Connectors and pins. Also check the solders on the PPB board as it will have some bad solders at the very least!
Post a picture of your backbox or at least the power supply board and the PPB board and any burnt pins and I would be glad to walk you through it. Also check fuses with a multimeter out of circuit!
Also next most common failure is the fuse holders! Try to depress the fuses down hard and if the fuse holder splits apart or spreads easily it needs to be replaced. Only get the good quality ones from your parts store.

#4 10 years ago

Yes, check your fuse holders should be the problem. Good luck with your 1st pinball. After you have one you have to have another and then another. What a great hobby!!

#5 10 years ago

I found a burnt area on a board
Lower 1/3 of box
On the left
It's labeled R15
Just above Q5

I'll post a pickimage.jpgimage.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Here are more photos

Also, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had to be out of town unexpectedly.
Thanks for any help!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-600.jpgimage-600.jpg image-790.jpgimage-790.jpg
1 month later
#7 10 years ago

I had to replace several burned connectors on mine to get the backbox lights and all the playfield insert lights working and the upper GI lights also working. I just bought the replacement connectors, along with the molex insertion tool to easily push the wires into the connectors. Was lucky I didn't have to also replace the board pins, so try the connectors first and see if that resolves the issue. If not, then go ahead and replace the board pins for the connectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-back-box-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.