Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mikat11
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

HAD my new LW3 pinball working, shined up, and almost ready for play. We were even able to play a few quick games. Machine has new Rottendog MPU, PS and PPB boards installed. Went to finish LEDing the machine and now I keep blowing my 8A fuse that provides 13VAC for my lamps. Fuse blows IMMEDIATELY upon power up.

I have removed every single bulb from under the playfield, removed every single flasher bulb, tested every socket for a short to ground, checked BR1 and BR2 and got exactly the same readings (assuming they are OK).

I am stumped and about 15 fuses in at this point. Can anyone assist with helping me to figure out where my issue seems to be? PLEASE?

#2 1 year ago

First step is to narrow down what's causing it. Disconnect the lamp plugs from the MPU (those would be the red and yellow lines), and see if it still blows. You will be able to rule out either the playfield or the power supply, depending on if the fuse stays whole, or blows, respectively.

#3 1 year ago

Try unplugging CN1 12 pin connector from power supply. If the fuse still blows it has to be a shorted bridge.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from mikat11:

Try unplugging CN1 12 pin connector from power supply. If the fuse still blows it has to be a shorted bridge.

Yes, fuse still blew after removing the CN1x12 from my Power Supply (That was the marking on the Rottendog). Guessing its a bad bridge then. I'll report back after I replace (may need to order most likely). Thank you BOTH for the assist on this. Hopefully, its just BR1. If I have to order, I'll likely replace both for good measure.

#5 1 year ago

Just to clarify. The CN1 is the power input to the power supply. If you look at it you will see the violet wire on pin 1.That is the + side coming from BR 1 18vdc for lamps, pin 2 & 3 is + side coming from BR2 orange wires. 32vdc for coils. The 2 black wires on CN2 are the - side from BR1 & BR2. The sole purpose of the 2 fuses mounted near the bridges is to protect the transformer from shorted bridges.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck , NJ
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside