FB_IMG_1703466731529 (resized).jpg
pbr (resized).jpg
IMG_8945.gif
IMG_20231021_115712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_115717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_115724 (resized).jpg
IMG_3835.gif
Circle_Jerks_-_Group_Sex (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtkst19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#433 4 years ago

My 1st show I went to I was 12. D.R.I./napalm death. My knees were bruised and bloody but I recall it like yesterday.

Pittsburgh had a good scene when I was growing up. 3 bigger venues, ton of dive places/vfw/fire hall/ house shows.

Was also into bmx. Pgh was/still is a bmx hot bed. Always be 10-20 of us at a show. Even now when I go be the old head at a show I run into guys from bikes I may not have seen in a long ass time.

During pinburgh this past summer there was 3 good shows that week/weekend. Black flag/ bouncing souls/ bad religion were all in town that week.

2 weeks later
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

That was the first BR performance in Pittsburgh I missed in over 20 years.

Debating in the br alkaline trio show. Never been to stage ae. Cant get into it. My younger self would say that's a sell out venue. Bring back graffiti and electric bannana

2 weeks later
#483 4 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Bad Brains is my favorite band. Of course I have a Punk![quoted image]

We have a punk on location here in pgh. I make it a point to give it some love when I'm there. Hardest left hand lock shot I have ever come across.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

I love Bad Brains too. Saw them as a teen.
What do you think of your Punk! game? I might have an opportunity to pick up one. I know the theme and music is cool but how about the gameplay?

Not an owner but I have a lot of time on it. Really plays like any other early ss gottleib 80a. Depends on what you are use to/like. It has 2 captive ball locks. Upper left is a bitch. Only made it 1 time on a backhand shot. Usually I bounce it into that lock from the right side upper flipper. Right lock is not to hard.

If I could own one I would just for the theme. Board wise nothing special. Plastics i imagine would be hard to come by.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Thanks for your Punk! feedback, mtkst19

I'm a big fan of 1979-1981 classic Sterns. (See my collection.) Think I'll like this play?

Looking at your list I think you would like it. I know you would have no problem selling it if you didnt so no brainer either way.

Place that has it on location also has 290 other pins. I make it a point to play everything. It doesn't really play like any other game from this era.

3 months later
#529 3 years ago

Ha, my 1st post in here was in regards to 1st show being dri/napalm death. Bring it back full circle- sheer terror was opening act.

Other band on bill was acid bath.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mtkst19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-punk?tu=mtkst19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.