thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1703466731529 (resized).jpg
pbr (resized).jpg
IMG_8945.gif
IMG_20231021_115712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_115717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_115724 (resized).jpg
IMG_3835.gif
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.
#352 4 years ago

My buddies band out of Shoreline, Wa. One of the few punk bands i know who use a theramin onstage. That is him using it in the video. He has a fantastic pinball collection and will be hosting league this month.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

One more before the weekend. Back in the early 2000s I converted all my records to Vorbis, which seemed like a good idea at the time (higher quality and lower storage needs than mp3, but low device support). Gave my records to someone when I moved. Some days I regret it. Still listen to this one frequently, but I wish I could still pull it out of the sleeve and look at the amusing/disturbing collage artwork.

Never in a million years would I imagine a guy named 'Bingopodcast' would have such excellent taste in obscure punk. I'll be honest, before this thread, I mistakenly assumed you were 80 years old enjoying yer assisted living lol. I'm diggin everything yer throwin out baby! Cheers

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I mistakenly assumed you were 80 years old enjoying yer assisted living lol.

Who says he's not?

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
#355 4 years ago

Glad you're picking up what I'm putting down. Not in a nursing home yet, but I did have blue hair at one point.

Antischism punctuated a lot of my time in high school.

#356 4 years ago

And if you like crust, you've probably heard Destroy.
I've always been a fan of short and sweet songs. Wrote about a hundred in my day. Best part about crust, and the even faster stuff that came after - you get a dozen songs (or more) on one 33 rpm 7".

Throw a Molotov for me.

#357 4 years ago

........... but I did have blue hair at one point.

I would love to see a picture!

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Eh, Waddle's a young dude and been around here awhile, I always liked him...hes's an operator and one of the good guys. Just pullin yer chain buddy. You do you brother.
Bein friends with a lot of band geeks in school and in general, I've always wished there was a cool way to integrate horns into aggressive music. But there's not.
I do love Morphine and Coltrane though lol.

Lol, no offense taken at all, I walked into a punk thread so I'm definitely prepare to take some shit

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I would love to see a picture!

Sadly, none exist (that I have). I've always been terrible about taking pictures. Some of my old friends or bandmates might have a pic or two. I'll ask around (if I can still get in touch with them).

I found cigarettes, booze, and punk almost simultaneously at 12. Shaved my head and started growing a mohawk. At its height (about 16) it was 1.5 ft. Putting up my hair took progressively longer and longer and it got irritating to ride in a car with it up, so I ended up wearing it down more frequently than up, and looked like a horse. Shaved it off shortly thereafter.

Dyed my hair many colors over the years, but usually ended up looking like puke as the dye came out. Gave up on dye at about 15.

I had liberty spikes for my girlfriend at the time's senior prom. I think I have those pics somewhere (embarrassing as they are).

Booze and cigarettes stayed longer than the hair, but they're both long gone now.

Elmer's glue works wonders.

#360 4 years ago

Elmer's glue works wonders.

The gel one was always my preference. I also used acryllic paint at times. That shit would dry like rubber, was a bitch to get out, but kept my hair up for months at a time.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

The gel one was always my preference. I also used acryllic paint at times. That shit would dry like rubber, was a bitch to get out, but kept my hair up for months at a time.

Huh! Never used paint but I also used the gel. Dried clear.

Listened to this album a lot in my senior year.

#362 4 years ago

A Richmond band to start your Monday:

One of the first local punk bands I got really into. Started going to their shows at 12. A couple of the members formed Strike Anywhere later on.

#363 4 years ago

Found Code 13 shortly after learning that Destroy broke up. Also Minneapolis-based, and the singer from Destroy came over. If you like early Destroy, you'll likely enjoy Code 13.

#364 4 years ago

Just want to give a shout out to Bandcamp for one second. First, there is SO MUCH AMAZING MUSIC ON BANDCAMP.
Remember when you sifted through 7" bins and tried random stuff and found armloads of gems? That's what bandcamp is these days.
Bandcamp also passes 85% of the sale price on to the band, so buy from there and you're supporting your faves in a big way.

Plus, lossless FLAC download that isn't controlled by Spotify or Apple or whomever. Almost my entire music budget now goes through bandcamp.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just want to give a shout out to Bandcamp for one second.

I can't get to their site from work. I get secure connnection failed or

"DNS Security Site Block
dns_security_block

Your request could not be processed because this site has been blocked and identified as malicious.

This site is inaccessible due to a DNS security block.

Please contact your agency helpdesk."

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Please contact your agency helpdesk

Time to build your own pirate network inside your work!

Or just access from another device or at home.

#367 4 years ago

I switched to band camp long ago when I heard it's the best deal for the bands.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who are we kidding. Iggy Pop and The Ramones invented this shit. Or Iggy Pop invented this shit.

"Fuckin' A man !" -the Dude

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

just saw the Vandals and NOFX in Big Bear CA on Saturday. my first punk show. holy crap it was awesome
i love me some punk!

I wondered when NOFX would come out in this thread !
Best US Punk band for years IMO

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I can't get to their site from work.

Most work computers would ban any media / streaming sites, so check from your phone or at home.

#373 4 years ago

If anyone here is ever coming through Charlotte, NC, send me a message. It's a great city for pinball and punk! Here's my current band and some great local places for pinball:
https://noangercontrol.com/

http://www.abarigamebar.com/
https://www.facebook.com/palmerstgamebar/
https://thebasementarcadebar.com/

#374 4 years ago

My buddies just put out a new album yesterday. Craig has been playing in bands like All You Can Eat, What Happens Next, Conquest For Death and Your Mother for decades.

https://thelovesongs.bandcamp.com/album/the-loneliest-whale

#375 4 years ago

Joe Buck the one man punk band

joe-buck-muddy-roots (resized).jpgjoe-buck-muddy-roots (resized).jpg
1 week later
#376 4 years ago

Found Filth through the Blatz/Filth Shit Split 12" (like most everyone else).

#377 4 years ago

I also enjoy listening to punk in other languages. It seems the language of rebellion and counterculture is one that is universal. Los Crudos were a Spanish-speaking band with some pretty great hardcore.

#378 4 years ago

Born Against is another great band with some amazing songs. I don't usually like playing covers when I'm in a band, but one show one of my bands played a cover of Well-Fed Fuck. Fun song to play, as you can make it last as long as you want, and get to really scream it out.

Not that song, but one of my faves above.

#379 4 years ago

Found Filth through the Blatz/Filth Shit Split 12" (like most everyone else).

You get it! Berkeley is my baby and I want to kill it!

I also enjoy listening to punk in other languages. It seems the language of rebellion and counterculture is one that is universal. Los Crudos were a Spanish-speaking band with some pretty great hardcore.

Los Crudos is far and away my favorite hardcore band. Ever check out Martines other band Limp Wrist?

#380 4 years ago

This local band was a heavy hitter for me.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ever check out Martines other band Limp Wrist?

Not yet, but I will, along with Fifteen!

#382 4 years ago

Not yet, but I will, along with Fifteen!

Start with that Fifteen album, some are better than others, Choice of a New Generation is their high water mark IMO

#384 4 years ago

Goddamn Bingopodcast, your underground punk treasure trough is fucking amazing. Would love to have some beers and listen to your catalog someday. Thank you sir.

#385 4 years ago

"Well Fed Fuck"
LOL
IS ME

#386 4 years ago

Not so underground, 20eyes got me feelin some Discharge here tonight.

#387 4 years ago

A couple from U.S. Bombs

#389 4 years ago

Hey gryszzz, heard you were zoinked out at Ann Arbor blasting some solid punk out the back of your ride

#390 4 years ago

That was all Wormrot brother. All day, everyday.
CHINESE GRIND FOREVER

#391 4 years ago
z-a-zoinks-44599160 (resized).pngz-a-zoinks-44599160 (resized).png
#392 4 years ago

The Avengers and Stiff Little Fingers played Madison recently on their 40th anniversary tour. Great time but a little scary to realize the bands and crowd all could be considered geezers! Both bands sounded great!

4BAD307F-D79E-489F-87B3-78674FAC739D (resized).jpeg4BAD307F-D79E-489F-87B3-78674FAC739D (resized).jpeg828ED829-1D56-43BF-B747-F550DDD17C13 (resized).jpeg828ED829-1D56-43BF-B747-F550DDD17C13 (resized).jpeg
#393 4 years ago

More from Minneapolis - haven't listened to State of Fear for many years.

#394 4 years ago

I've mentioned Spazz a few times before. They showed up on a 7" compilation I picked up once and I was interested. Unique sound. Hellnation I posted earlier has some similar notes (if we're comparing wine...?).

#395 4 years ago

More Minneapolis. Saw the Quincy Punx a few times. Always a good show.

Gryzzz sounds good, man - as long as you buy the beer, I'll drink it.

#396 4 years ago

More Chinese grind less everything else

#397 4 years ago

We will also accept Japanese grind.

#398 4 years ago

Had to poke around a bit for some Japanese grind that I enjoyed for more than one song or two, maybe you'll like this too? Grindy with some neat musical tricks.

#399 4 years ago

Not grindcore, or Japanese, but any love for Mankind? The Dirt side of this split was great as well.

#400 4 years ago

Grew up outside DC in 80s so regularly caught Dischord bands in some church basement for $5. Favorites then were Swiz, Circus Lupus, GI, Fugazi and the rest. Moved to Richmond,VA in 90 and moved in with the band Avail spring of ‘91. Saw a lot of bands but have no idea who as it really didn’t matter. Two favorite shows were probably Reagan Youth at Rock Against Reagan on the DC Mall in ‘87 or ‘88 and a warehouse show with Born Against, Sam is just a crazy person. bingopodcast where you at the show in Skillet’s warehouse?

Think pic is from summer ‘91.

A26534AE-E173-498E-A38E-17E19CD42F4B (resized).jpegA26534AE-E173-498E-A38E-17E19CD42F4B (resized).jpeg
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-punk/page/8?hl=rampton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.