43 days ago

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

joe-buck-muddy-roots (resized).jpg
download (3) (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).png
misfits-1700 (resized).jpg
1F8E7FC7-502F-48F4-A9E4-09C33410D1A2 (resized).jpeg
C54CC7F8-737A-4B2C-86E3-D451C53FDC40 (resized).jpeg
34370304_1m.jpg
34370303_1m.jpg
20190907_105408.jpg
The-Hard-Ons-30th-Anniversary-Generic-294x300 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190907_082325093 (resized).jpg
AD781D86-DA82-441A-8B03-213279629C41 (resized).jpeg
16AFD2AB-2B83-4EE3-A363-AACAD303EF31 (resized).jpeg
e4259cc6bb7b528eccb520de14c6a111 (resized).jpg
CC5053E5-8D08-4EF6-B911-2497BAB9BD42 (resized).png
35BAEC00-9C69-4971-80AD-7E60B2550089 (resized).png

There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#352 13 days ago

My buddies band out of Shoreline, Wa. One of the few punk bands i know who use a theramin onstage. That is him using it in the video. He has a fantastic pinball collection and will be hosting league this month.

#353 13 days ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

One more before the weekend. Back in the early 2000s I converted all my records to Vorbis, which seemed like a good idea at the time (higher quality and lower storage needs than mp3, but low device support). Gave my records to someone when I moved. Some days I regret it. Still listen to this one frequently, but I wish I could still pull it out of the sleeve and look at the amusing/disturbing collage artwork.

Never in a million years would I imagine a guy named 'Bingopodcast' would have such excellent taste in obscure punk. I'll be honest, before this thread, I mistakenly assumed you were 80 years old enjoying yer assisted living lol. I'm diggin everything yer throwin out baby! Cheers

#354 13 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I mistakenly assumed you were 80 years old enjoying yer assisted living lol.

Who says he's not?

download (3) (resized).jpg
#355 13 days ago

Glad you're picking up what I'm putting down. Not in a nursing home yet, but I did have blue hair at one point.

Antischism punctuated a lot of my time in high school.

#356 13 days ago

And if you like crust, you've probably heard Destroy.
I've always been a fan of short and sweet songs. Wrote about a hundred in my day. Best part about crust, and the even faster stuff that came after - you get a dozen songs (or more) on one 33 rpm 7".

Throw a Molotov for me.

#357 12 days ago

........... but I did have blue hair at one point.

I would love to see a picture!

#358 12 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Eh, Waddle's a young dude and been around here awhile, I always liked him...hes's an operator and one of the good guys. Just pullin yer chain buddy. You do you brother.
Bein friends with a lot of band geeks in school and in general, I've always wished there was a cool way to integrate horns into aggressive music. But there's not.
I do love Morphine and Coltrane though lol.

Lol, no offense taken at all, I walked into a punk thread so I'm definitely prepare to take some shit

#359 12 days ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I would love to see a picture!

Sadly, none exist (that I have). I've always been terrible about taking pictures. Some of my old friends or bandmates might have a pic or two. I'll ask around (if I can still get in touch with them).

I found cigarettes, booze, and punk almost simultaneously at 12. Shaved my head and started growing a mohawk. At its height (about 16) it was 1.5 ft. Putting up my hair took progressively longer and longer and it got irritating to ride in a car with it up, so I ended up wearing it down more frequently than up, and looked like a horse. Shaved it off shortly thereafter.

Dyed my hair many colors over the years, but usually ended up looking like puke as the dye came out. Gave up on dye at about 15.

I had liberty spikes for my girlfriend at the time's senior prom. I think I have those pics somewhere (embarrassing as they are).

Booze and cigarettes stayed longer than the hair, but they're both long gone now.

Elmer's glue works wonders.

#360 12 days ago

Elmer's glue works wonders.

The gel one was always my preference. I also used acryllic paint at times. That shit would dry like rubber, was a bitch to get out, but kept my hair up for months at a time.

#361 12 days ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

The gel one was always my preference. I also used acryllic paint at times. That shit would dry like rubber, was a bitch to get out, but kept my hair up for months at a time.

Huh! Never used paint but I also used the gel. Dried clear.

Listened to this album a lot in my senior year.

#362 10 days ago

A Richmond band to start your Monday:

One of the first local punk bands I got really into. Started going to their shows at 12. A couple of the members formed Strike Anywhere later on.

#363 9 days ago

Found Code 13 shortly after learning that Destroy broke up. Also Minneapolis-based, and the singer from Destroy came over. If you like early Destroy, you'll likely enjoy Code 13.

#364 9 days ago

Just want to give a shout out to Bandcamp for one second. First, there is SO MUCH AMAZING MUSIC ON BANDCAMP.
Remember when you sifted through 7" bins and tried random stuff and found armloads of gems? That's what bandcamp is these days.
Bandcamp also passes 85% of the sale price on to the band, so buy from there and you're supporting your faves in a big way.

Plus, lossless FLAC download that isn't controlled by Spotify or Apple or whomever. Almost my entire music budget now goes through bandcamp.

#365 8 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just want to give a shout out to Bandcamp for one second.

I can't get to their site from work. I get secure connnection failed or

"DNS Security Site Block
dns_security_block

Your request could not be processed because this site has been blocked and identified as malicious.

This site is inaccessible due to a DNS security block.

Please contact your agency helpdesk."

#366 8 days ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Please contact your agency helpdesk

Time to build your own pirate network inside your work!

Or just access from another device or at home.

#367 8 days ago

I switched to band camp long ago when I heard it's the best deal for the bands.

#368 7 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who are we kidding. Iggy Pop and The Ramones invented this shit. Or Iggy Pop invented this shit.

"Fuckin' A man !" -the Dude

#369 7 days ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

just saw the Vandals and NOFX in Big Bear CA on Saturday. my first punk show. holy crap it was awesome
i love me some punk!

I wondered when NOFX would come out in this thread !
Best US Punk band for years IMO

#370 7 days ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I can't get to their site from work.

Most work computers would ban any media / streaming sites, so check from your phone or at home.

#371 7 days ago

#372 7 days ago

#373 5 days ago

If anyone here is ever coming through Charlotte, NC, send me a message. It's a great city for pinball and punk! Here's my current band and some great local places for pinball:
https://noangercontrol.com/

http://www.abarigamebar.com/
https://www.facebook.com/palmerstgamebar/
https://thebasementarcadebar.com/

#374 5 days ago

My buddies just put out a new album yesterday. Craig has been playing in bands like All You Can Eat, What Happens Next, Conquest For Death and Your Mother for decades.

https://thelovesongs.bandcamp.com/album/the-loneliest-whale

#375 5 days ago

Joe Buck the one man punk band

joe-buck-muddy-roots (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 64.95
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside