thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1703466731529 (resized).jpg
pbr (resized).jpg
IMG_8945.gif
IMG_20231021_115712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_115717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20231021_115724 (resized).jpg
IMG_3835.gif
There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
#501 3 years ago

Been on this album here lately

#503 3 years ago

New guy checking in. I wasn't fortunate enough to live through some of the great times mentioned in this thread, but have some great memories growing up playing in a punk band and going to great shows in the 90's and early 2000's. Now just trying to raise my kids right.

One thing I haven't seen posted in this thread (and maybe slightly off topic), any psychobilly fans in here? Nekromantix, Mad Sin, Koffin Kats, Tiger Army to name a few.

Evie (resized).jpgEvie (resized).jpg
#504 3 years ago
Quoted from Hold_Fast:

New guy checking in. I wasn't fortunate enough to live through some of the great times mentioned in this thread, but have some great memories growing up playing in a punk band and going to great shows in the 90's and early 2000's. Now just trying to raise my kids right.
One thing I haven't seen posted in this thread (and maybe slightly off topic), any psychobilly fans in here? Nekromantix, Mad Sin, Koffin Kats, Tiger Army to name a few.
[quoted image]

Big psychobilly fan here!! Bought myself a couple Gretsch guitars, got the pompadour nice and high, and hitting that slapback delay! I’m a big Jim Heath fan.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Hold_Fast:

[quoted image]

Who doesn't love a cute kid in a Cock Sparrer onesie haha! Seriously, that's awesome. Shock Troops is a killer album.

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from Hold_Fast:

[quoted image]

Gutter Demons. Monsters onstage, dont miss em if they play your area.

#507 3 years ago

The spits ...

#509 3 years ago

I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for Dirty Rotten Imbeciles.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for Dirty Rotten Imbeciles.

Eggzachary. I literally busted the tape from overlistening to Four of a Kind in 89. I wore headphones at school lol.

#511 3 years ago

My conundrum here is which version is better?
I like Spikes intro on Dealing with It but Kurt really goes faster than warp 20 on the Dirty Rotten LP track.
WIN WIN.

#512 3 years ago

I think there's kinda no doubt, I love both albums, but the Dirty Rotten LP is the clear winner here.

#513 3 years ago

Not just for I Don't Need Society, but album in general.

#514 3 years ago

Nope. I'm wrong. Never fuck8ng m8nd VIDKA
Dealing With It is the BEST DRI.

#515 3 years ago

Black Flag!

#516 3 years ago

any love for the core?

#517 3 years ago

this is also classic....

#518 3 years ago

Don't fuck with the GOAT
#wormrot
96525393_10157419433213282_6657515117745274880_n (resized).jpg96525393_10157419433213282_6657515117745274880_n (resized).jpg

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

any love for the core?

Always the Hard Way is (was) one of my gym mainstays. Love that album.

#520 3 years ago

Not sure if grind is more metal or more punk....
And that's why I love it.

#521 3 years ago

Thanks to CrazyLevi for finding this for me..
Bisquette the goat loved her metal/hardcore/grind shows. Wormrot playing some shithole somewhere in France.

#523 3 years ago

""Fuck l'm drunk" haha

#524 3 years ago

Gryszzz are you a fan of sheer terror?

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

that’s funny!!
Satan burning casting death amongst the unwashed ...it’s just cool! I think he’s a musician as well

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

this is also classic....

This is fn great man

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Not gonna front like I know anything about hardcore. I like Terror and Hatebreed, etc., the grocery store hc haha. But never heard Sheer Teror or Alone in a Crowd (that fuckin ruled). Just never got hugely into the tough guy modern hc, cause well, too many tough guys lol.
But I'm diggin what you're throwin down.

#528 3 years ago

That was a wicked video man (alone in a crowd) ..I watched it like 10 times

#529 3 years ago

Ha, my 1st post in here was in regards to 1st show being dri/napalm death. Bring it back full circle- sheer terror was opening act.

Other band on bill was acid bath.

#530 3 years ago

I have listened to the new Jeff Rosenstock album like six times in the last four days. It’s “newer” style punk, I thoroughly enjoy it.

#531 3 years ago

Acid bath!!! Great punk name for sure

#532 3 years ago

This is goin on it's second spin

#533 3 years ago

Holy smokes gryssz... great stuff and I want a band t shirt

1 week later
#534 3 years ago

Next verse same as the first.

#535 3 years ago

Great tune and Video...thanks odin

#536 3 years ago

Punk, you say?

This is the thread for my first comment since registering, which makes a metric ton o' sense. Spent 10 years on the road, and was fortunate enough to play CBGB, the 100 Club in London and a ton more. Our sound wasn't particularly punk, but sure had our roots there. Joe Strummer is the reason I wanted to write lyrics, although Pete Townshend is the one who made me want to play guitar.

Discovered this band when they played a Joe Strummer memorial gig, and think this song is a monster.

#541 3 years ago

Today tunes. The days when barcodes and upcs were a threat.

#542 3 years ago

These guys are from not far away.

#543 3 years ago

My band released an EP a couple of weeks ago.
Here's a video for the opening song.

1 week later
#544 3 years ago

Nice work dude! Refreshing to see the lady NOT on bass lol.

1 week later
#545 3 years ago

Tankcrimes records just put Dystopia's masterpiece The Aftermath on Bandcamp. Please pay more than $5 for it. They're also releasing the new Necrot...stoked.

1 week later
#546 3 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

this is also classic....

Thumbs way fkn up on this video

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:These guys are from not far away.

I love this band...thanks for the video

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This is goin on it's second spin

Same here..This is good for.more plays
Thx for sharing ...just launching off this thread

#549 3 years ago

Man I thought the Negative Approach 7" was unobtanium. I'm sure first pressings are.
But I just scored a brand new one on FYE (puke) for seven fuckin dollars.
Ahhh shit. Best 7" ever released!

There are 1,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-punk/page/11?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.