(Topic ID: 251001)

Let's talk about operator responsibility and League play ......

By golfingdad1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wmanningiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

83670ACD-436E-4A24-9932-3CD0F98FA4AF (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

We really dont have a choice ,
    The operator is a Great guy.
    I think hes overwhelmed.
    Hes the reason we even have league .
    I'm just frustrated. I play my ass off and something always happens .

Since you are frustrated, and the Great Guy seems overwhelmed, you should take it upon yourself to try to “unoverwhelm” him. Start by asking the operator whether (and how) you personally can help. Then see whether others in your league can help lighten the load.

Depending on the structure of your league play, and on the attitudes of the players, it may make sense to mix business and pleasure and work on machines during your league play time. Otherwise selecting a different weekly occasion might make sense (with a smaller, more motivated group). If you’re not looking at a large, heavily played collection (i.e., home vs. arcade) you could, for example, shoot for one machine repaired and shopped out every week until the whole herd is in order. The group could choose the machine, and list all known issues.

If the operator knows you, he’ll probably welcome the help. But if he insists on doing everything himself, but doesn’t, you’ll have to decide whether the league play is worth the frustration.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-operator-responsibility-and-league-play-?tu=smsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.