(Topic ID: 251001)

Let's talk about operator responsibility and League play ......

By golfingdad1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wmanningiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

83670ACD-436E-4A24-9932-3CD0F98FA4AF (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago

I am an operator and league player. I want our games to work 100%. Guess what ? They don’t. If a game has some major issue then we skip it for the night and fix it that week. If a switch is sometimes flaky on a 1970s pin, get used to it. Because once we fix that one you can for sure fine another one on another machine. It’s whack a mole. And at the place we used to play at before I opened my place, we mostly had to play around the many significant errors including the third flipper not working at all. Our league director, tournament director is also our lead repairer. Once you’ve had that dual role you can well appreciate the Herculean task of having a tournament with all 100% working pins. But we try our best. I get the sentiment that in a tournament you want no error games. I just think it’s an unreasonable ask, and so does the rest of our league

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I make more money on non-pinball people. My locations make more money on non-pinball people. Listen, I love pinball people but they are not an operator’s bread and butter. I’d say a happy medium would be that you address the issues to the op and hope they fix what they can in a timely manner. Generally, we choose the best playing ones and go for it warts and all.

THAT ....

My league contributes $150 each week to the arcade. That would be enough to ... close up shop. We keep our machines in good working order out of pride, most don’t notice. But we do not claim perfection and do not strive for it. And if people get all uppity because some contact wasn’t working that day, we suggest that perhaps there are other locations that can better meet their needs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-operator-responsibility-and-league-play-?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.