(Topic ID: 251001)

Let's talk about operator responsibility and League play ......

By golfingdad1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wmanningiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

83670ACD-436E-4A24-9932-3CD0F98FA4AF (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 4 years ago

The players - customers can help too.

It's nice when a location has leagues, tournaments, launch parties, for you.

But that location is open other days too. Stop in once in awhile and play a few games. Support them. Help them keep pins on location and in good shape. If you only go in when something is going on and the pins stand empty the rest of the time. The operator is going to struggle to keep new games, popular titles, and maintain them. Or the operator will start thinking about replacing the pins with something that does earn.

LTG : )

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

Huge issue with tourns is 99 percent of the time no one even tells the op they are going to have a tournament. Do the common courtesy of letting people know your going to have a tournament a couple weeks ahead of time and I think you’ll find there’s less issues.

Hopefully.

Locally years ago a player went to a location. Talked to them. Found out who the operator was. And played the games and made of list of things not working. Let the location and operator know the day and time they'd be there, gave them plenty of warning.

The players showed up at the designated time ready to play. And the pins were gone.

LTG : (

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Maybe it was the end of a contractual thing or something.

No, they just weren't earning. The op just gave up.

#53 4 years ago

If I may make another suggestion. Who ever is running the league or event at a location. Let that person be the voice for issues that need to be addressed, especially if that person and the operator have a good working relationship.

Don't bombard the operator with twenty people complaining about many things. Keep it organized to what actually needs to be fixed, so the operator is inclined to take care of problems.

Through the years I've seen players that aren't as good as they think they are and always complain about something. That switch don't work, that doesn't work. That isn't right. I've learned when I get one of these to take a pen and paper and make a note of it and let them know I'll fix it when I get a chance. After they leave I toss the note. I know there isn't anything wrong with the game. If your group has one of these people, try and keep them away from the op. Don't drive the op crazy with things that do work. The op will be thankful, and have more time and inclination to fix things that really need fixing.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm sorry but... If that had been me I still would've left em there to squeeze those last few plays out of them.

You may have.

The op in question had near a two hour drive to collect $20 to $30 a week out of eight pins. And split with the location. He'd been thinking of pulling them for some time and that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Though I do think he could have let the person that called him know that the games were no longer there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-operator-responsibility-and-league-play-?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.