(Topic ID: 251001)

Let's talk about operator responsibility and League play ......

By golfingdad1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wmanningiv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

83670ACD-436E-4A24-9932-3CD0F98FA4AF (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

If you are an operator and run leagues should it be your responsibility that the games play 100% or is it ok to have the attitude of, everybody's got to play the same game .
    Please , let me know both operators and league players .

I would take my league elsewhere immediately.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

It's impossible to get all games to play 100% either on location or home

This is 100% untrue. It’s entirely possible. Certain things are okay, but for the most part, any game you use for competition should be 100% working.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Going in yes you should go over them and make sure they are working but things break while being played.

Happens all the time, but I’ve ran plenty of tournaments where the games are 100% beginning to end. So not sure where the impossible comment came from.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

By 100 percent I assumed that to mean all of the time. It happens sometimes but certainly not always.

Each tournament is its own data set. That’s where we’re disconnected I think. The point is, no one should have to deal with games for a tournament. They should have quality games, at all times for a tournament.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Sorry , dont understand this . As a player or operator?
    Cant just leave town you live in .

I mean if the location isn’t willing to fix the games, have a league somewhere else. Have a home league where a different person (or the same person) hosts each session.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

We really dont have a choice ,
    The operator is a Great guy.
    I think hes overwhelmed.
    Hes the reason we even have league .
    I'm just frustrated. I play my ass off and something always happens .

Why can’t the league members help?

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Good players can adapt their play on games that aren't 100%,. Can't make a jackpot on the ramp cause the flipper is too weak? Get into multi and karom a ball up the ramp. Adapt your play to accommodate the shortcomings on the machine. Condition doesn't matter as long as its the same for all players.

It most certainly matters when your player base gets turned off to your tournaments because of the condition of the games though. I think that is why this thread was started.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-operator-responsibility-and-league-play-?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.