• 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2C4A6755-F413-404E-90B9-A2D9D2B85915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0693 (resized).JPG
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago

Jimmy's Chicken Shack - High (Live)

#102 4 years ago

Fetchin' Bones - I Dig You

"Got a wig and I flipped it. I dig you like a grave!"

#103 4 years ago

#104 4 years ago

#105 4 years ago

#106 4 years ago

#107 4 years ago

#108 4 years ago

#109 4 years ago

#110 4 years ago

#111 4 years ago

Not sure how I forgot to mention these guys. 3 dudes with a two string electric bass, drums, and a baritone sax that absolutely brought it. Amazing band that I’ve turned no less than 50 people onto who love them now. Let’s do some Morphine:

#112 4 years ago

The Dears

#113 4 years ago

This is called "Apartment" performed by Young The Giant.

#114 4 years ago

You know they say,kids keep you young I love alternative rock.All three of my sons exposed me to a
new influx of music because of the age spacing.I went from Chili Peppers to Muse to Young the Giant
with the youngest son.Music is the one thing we could always talk about!I grew up with Zeppelin and
other great bands but I love alternative

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Vampire Weekend
LTG : )

We aim to please

#116 4 years ago

This is one I rather enjoyed in my youth in the 80s but at the time didn’t realize it was “alternative”. Love this song by Pete Shelly, we are all Homosapians, not that there is anything wrong with that.

#117 4 years ago

I have seen a few of my favorite bands mentioned, 311, smashing pumpkins, system of a down, primus but not sure I would classify as alt rock although all of those bands are hard to put in a specific category. Its hard to categorize a band like 311 thats a rock, rap, reggae fusion ska band. Anyways, I don't think anybody has mentioned the strokes yet, love this band, and they're playing fish tales in the vid.

#119 4 years ago

Another video from my 3rd or 4th favorite band of all time THE STROKES. This one was filmed in Jersey City at the Loews Theater.

#120 4 years ago

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You know they say,kids keep you young I love alternative rock.All three of my sons exposed me to a
new influx of music because of the age spacing.I went from Chili Peppers to Muse to Young the Giant
with the youngest son.Music is the one thing we could always talk about!I grew up with Zeppelin and
other great bands but I love alternative

I followed a similar path. Listened to Zep in the 70s, than punk and new wave, back to metal in the mid 80s, then alternative again during the 90s. We have several good stations that play a variety. I had Sirius radio up until a few years ago and Alt Nation was the best.

When my daughter was younger we bonded while driving around listening to it and she is still a big fan as well. Last weekend when she was up she said this one is coming up on her playlist quite often.

Trojans by Atlas Genius. I always liked this song too.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I followed a similar path. Listened to Zep in the 70s, than punk and new wave, back to metal in the mid 80s, then alternative again during the 90s. We have several good stations that play a variety. I had Sirius radio up until a few years ago and Alt Nation was the best.
When my daughter was younger we bonded while driving around listening to it and she is still a big fan as well. Last weekend the she was up she said this one is coming up on her playlist quite often.
Trojans by Atlas Genius. I always liked this song too.

We have two college channels that play alternative.Check out Polyester Bride by Liz Phair.And then look at Liz Phair hot pics
LOL!

#123 4 years ago

When my daughter was 9, I talked her into riding Space Mountain for the first time. I told her it was now or never with this version. I had no idea her love affair with the Red Hot Chili Peppers would start that day. Steve Wonder would be proud.

#124 4 years ago

Does this count? Anybody going to see them for their reunion shows?

#125 4 years ago

Toro y moi... they've been around a while... enjoy some of their tunes:

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This is one I rather enjoyed in my youth in the 80s but at the time didn’t realize it was “alternative”. Love this song by Pete Shelly, we are all Homosapians, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Phone on random again today and it offered up a couple Buzzcocks tunes back to back. Damn. Been almost a year already. Miss you, Pete.

#127 4 years ago

Just got back from the flu shot thread. Might be a good time to hit the Panic Switch.

#128 4 years ago

These guys seemingly write great songs in their sleep as they’ve put out great albums for years. One of my all time favorite bands.

#129 4 years ago

I can attribute at least half of my dumb ass being deaf to going to see these guys and being next to the stage with no earplugs (those are for pussies) and having two Marshall stacks absolutely melt my god damn face off. J Mascis is the man.

#130 4 years ago

I will stand by Margot and the Nuclear So and So's till I die.
These guys fucking rule.
Here they are on Conan O'Brien circa a long time ago
https://vimeo.com/2302090

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'll see your homosapians and raise you one homicide.

#133 4 years ago

Ruts DC

#134 4 years ago

Some great frickin' tunes being linked here, oh yeah! I also like Collective Soul and Death Cab For Cutie

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexZander:

Death Cab For Cutie

Used to hear this one almost every time I went to Beverly Hills to see my pinball buddy Don. Including once while driving down Beverly Drive. Strange coincidence they also would play the Weezer song too.

#137 4 years ago

I'm going to share my favorite eargasm song before I head off to watch football.

Cheers!

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Love the Deal sisters. Crank that one up with as much bass as your sub will handle.

SUMMER IS REA-DEEEEEEE
WHEN YOU ARE

This is one of my favorite videos EVER and I am 52 and have been watching vids since the beginning. I had such the crush on Kelley Deal at this point. This is a different recording of "Saints" than the one that was on the album Last Splash and I have always preferred it to the album version. Brighter, crunchier and way bigger dynamic range.

A CLASSIC!

#139 4 years ago

From Sugar “Copper Blue”, one of the best albums of the 90s and some of Bob Mould’s best work:

“Play very loud for maximum effect...”

#140 4 years ago

New Pronographers - OVERLOOKED AND UNDERRATED. |

So good...

#141 4 years ago

I was going to head off and watch football, but looks like somebody turned the clock back an hour while I was passed out. lol.

I guess we can squeeze in some Metric.

#142 4 years ago

I suppose a case could be made that this is my FAVORITE music video ever. EVER.

Now, I like the Silversun Pickups but it is not like they are anywhere near my favorite band, or even among my favorite bands. There's just something about this video that - well - speaks to me.

You other fellas tell me if you're picking up what I am laying down. Curious if anyone else gets into the vibe of this video like I do. Enjoy...

Silversun Pickups - Substitution

#144 4 years ago

Nobody has mentioned yet that the bass player resembles the insurance lady Flo.

#148 4 years ago

Meanwhile in another thread they are discussing which 30-40 year old band that doesn't even make music anymore should be the next pinball theme. lol.

#149 4 years ago

#150 4 years ago

Modest mouse and weezer block

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-modern-alternative-rock/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.