• 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2C4A6755-F413-404E-90B9-A2D9D2B85915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0693 (resized).JPG

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

Just heard these on the way home. Always good driving music.

#52 4 years ago

Drink my coffee with a hubcap.

#53 4 years ago

Really surprised Jyszzz hasn't stopped by yet...
give him time. He'll surface once he's done trick or treating.

#54 4 years ago

Get your punk ass back to the dog show.

#55 4 years ago

LOL.
You win the internet today dickhead.
Hahaha...

#56 4 years ago

Does this count?

#57 4 years ago

Now if Iceman can put down his Kiss and Aerosmith albums, we can have us a real party!

#58 4 years ago

Wow! Not that I keep track, but two thumbs down for Smashing Pumpkins even on Halloween. Some people are just no fun.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! Not that I keep track, but two thumbs down for Smashing Pumpkins even on Halloween. Some people are just no fun.

Sorry man that was me. I think Billy Corgan is a whiny bitch and Anthony Kiedis is a douche bag. Everything else is fucking great, especially that Ween above.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now if Iceman can put down his Kiss and Aerosmith albums, we can have us a real party!

LOL. Sorry OD, that's just the track that's been in my head all day, for some odd reason.

#62 4 years ago

Vampires in Blue Dresses....seems fitting today.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOL.
You win the internet today dickhead.
Hahaha...

Not really. Now I gotta print another shirt.

#66 4 years ago

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Sorry man that was me. I think Billy Corgan is a whiny bitch and Anthony Kiedis is a douche bag. Everything else is fucking great, especially that Ween above.

You've got that right! At least I didn't break out the Creed, and lord help us if anybody does.

#68 4 years ago

#69 4 years ago

The talking heads are amazing, my fave:

#70 4 years ago

Nice one.^^ I love watching Dave G. on the drums so much, my fave since Bonham.

#71 4 years ago

Jen is bringin the what?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

The talking heads are amazing, my fave:

I saw the Talking Heads and English Beat at the Greek Theatre 10 days after Remain in Light was released. I had been playing the first three albums. An so did they along with the new one.

It's all related so I guess some historical music is in order. Gryszzz is gonna love this one.

#73 4 years ago

Goddamnit you dick that's just cruel.
I went into it all flyin.
Then I heard that reggae scratch.
Like a nutshot LOWBLOW WITH THE SKA DUDE

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I love watching Dave G. on the drums so much, my fave since Bonham.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Goddamnit you dick that's just cruel.
I went into it all flyin.
Then I heard that reggae scratch.
Like a nutshot LOWBLOW WITH THE SKA DUDE

Sorry Gryszzz. I had actually pasted the wrong song but same album.

#76 4 years ago

FOOL ME ONCE...

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

FOOL ME ONCE...

If you don't know The English Beat, then it's too late to teach ya! Dave Wakeling hung out with us at the bar in between sets while he was playing with General Public at China Beach in San Clemente. Real cool dude. I asked him where his partner Ranking Roger was. He said sulking back in England somewhere.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you don't know The English Beat, then it's too late to teach ya! Dave Wakeling hung out with us at the bar in between sets while he was playing with General Public at China Beach in San Clemente. Real cool dude. I asked him where his partner Ranking Roger was. He said sulking back in England somewhere.

We knew them in Australia as "The British Beat" as per my original album I still have.

General public had a few good tracks on their first album too, the 2nd album was terrible.

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG
#80 4 years ago

Let's talk about people who post too much.

#81 4 years ago

Lets talk about how thankful we are that fuckers from NJ post so little.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

We knew them in Australia as "The British Beat" as per my original album I still have.
General public had a few good tracks on their first album too, the 2nd album was terrible.

There was another band around called The Beat, so they did that. Saw them several times live. Always a fun time.

Yep, first GP album wasn't bad nor was Special Beat Service or Whappen.

Still like the first one the best, and yes I too still have my original vinyl copy.

#83 4 years ago

I will be an active participant in this thread.
Here is my first contribution.
I think this song defines this genera.

#84 4 years ago

Here’s another really good on that pays homage to the roots of what got them to where they are and what their influence was.

#87 4 years ago

Love this band.
Saw them here in Phoenix earlier this year.

#88 4 years ago

Muse is the best live band in the world, currently, period. Ive seen it all. Fantastic shows I've seen in the last few years live were GNR(3 hours), Smashing Pumpkins(3.5 hrs), Gorillaz(amazing live), but hands down MUSE was the best overall (lights, sound, Matt Bellamy shook my hand in the audience) best show I've ever seen and Eagles(hell freezes over tour) and GNR are #2 and #3. Ive been to 500 or 600 shows.

O-din, I have to agree with all your posts, I love Florence as well. I was front row for her show a few years ago. Amazing.

#89 4 years ago

I’m sorry but Goth/Industrial is an entirely different genera of music.
Yes, you may have some crossover, but not at all the same.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Love the Deal sisters. Crank that one up with as much bass as your sub will handle.

Agreed, especially that version of it.
Some of Kim’s new stuff is really powerful. This song was written about visiting her mother with advanced Alzheimer’s. Her mom didn’t recognize her anymore and asked “are you mine”. Also, her mother would constantly lose track of time etc, hence the lyrics.
Prettty powerful song that many of us can relate to on some level with a close relative.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw the Talking Heads and English Beat at the Greek Theatre 10 days after Remain in Light was released. I had been playing the first three albums. An so did they along with the new one.
It's all related so I guess some historical music is in order. Gryszzz is gonna love this one.

My younger brother was in a band that opened up for The English Beat a few times. Saw them a few times That way.
Here’s one from my brothers band (insert shameless pug here).

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Vampires in Blue Dresses....seems fitting today.

Ill see your Vampires in Blue Dresses and raise you a Vampire Weekend.

#93 4 years ago

A little title by Houndmouth called Sedona.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Here’s one from my brothers band (insert shameless pug here).

Ok.

2C4A6755-F413-404E-90B9-A2D9D2B85915 (resized).jpeg2C4A6755-F413-404E-90B9-A2D9D2B85915 (resized).jpeg

#95 4 years ago

This is how high I am on Halloween.

#96 4 years ago

Saw this band some years back at an all ages show in Milwaukee. They only ever put out a couple albums, but are crazy good.

#97 4 years ago

I can only think of one place I'd rather be.

#98 4 years ago

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Echo

Nightmare Air - Icy Daggers

Gary Numan - The Fall

#99 4 years ago

Black Angels:

Tess Parks/Anton Newcombe:

Tame Impala:

#100 4 years ago

1) You people posting videos without mentioning the band in text for searching are heathens.

B) HEATHENS!

|||) I didn't hit play on every damn video, but have we really gotten to post 100 with no mention of Royal Blood in a modern rock thread?

FOUR) Runners up: Nothing More and Shaman's Harvest

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-modern-alternative-rock/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.