Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jibmums
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180331_160555 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Or specifically, the "Central Pneumatic" brand of compressors they carry. Overall, are they decent or inferior machines? I know most HF tools are on the iffy side quality-wise. It won't see a ton of use, just occasionally when I need it to inflate a tire, blow off sawdust or dry a part, or do some airbrushing, so I'm thinking a 5+ gallon tank and 1 HP or so. My 30+ year old Speedaire tank is losing air, probably a rusted-thru pinhole somewhere, and it's time to replace it. If possible, I'm also looking for something a little less noisy this time around, have they made them any less noisy after 30 years or am I kidding myself?

Well, whatever brand you go with (especially at HF) it most likely won’t be built as well as your Speedaire. I think you’d be better off trying to find out where the leak is coming from and seeing if it’s repairable. You sounded like you weren’t sure. They just don’t build em like they they used to...

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

If the tank has a pinhole leak, then it is a ticking time bomb and should be replaced. If you have ever seen one let go in a shop, you will understand why I say that. Not worth the few bucks you would be saving.

It hasn’t been determined that it’s in the tank though. I had a leak on my 35 y/o compressor and turned out it was a fitting on the hose that was leaking slowly. Just saying it’s worth a shot to investigate. But I agree that if it’s the tank, then don’t try to repair. Should have been more clear in my first post.

EDIT: I guess that’s why I said “if it’s repairable” earlier.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-harbor-freight-air-compressors?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.