IMG_0143 (resized).jpg
IMG_0142 (resized).jpg
0E330783-C5B7-4B97-85DA-865BE6A5E55F (resized).png
received_556317414804673 (resized).jpeg
pacman joystick 1 (resized).jpg
pacman joystick 3 (resized).jpg
8FFCCFB6-1771-40D8-825F-EBEA44CBF6D0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181013_001734347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone have an Idiot's Guide to Building a MAME? I'd like something that would allow me to run both Daphne (Dragon's Lair) and other games like Qbert, Donkey Kong, etc.

Or does anyone sell one that does both?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

+1 for MGalaxy. http://www.mgalaxy.com
I have set up three multi-emulator systems, and only discovered MGalaxy during the most recent build. To me, its ease of setup felt like a revelation compared with the endless tweaking that Hyperspin and Maximus seemed to require. Everything is GUI-based and the tedious stuff like fetching artwork, gameplay videos, and game history is automated. The frontend screens look great, and the paid version (worth the $$) adds lots of neat themes and unlocks some useful database customization options.
If you want a more turnkey option for cabinets and control panels, check out Rec Room Masters. They make several different cabinets and control panels (one with a trackball, spinner, and separate 4 and 8-way joysticks), so all that is needed is a PC/Pi/game console and display. They also make cabinets which are customized for the X-arcade control panel. Not as cheap as DIY, but look and feel “professional” and save a LOT of time versus scratch-building or cleaning/modifying an old cab.

What connects the PC to the arcade stick / trackball / etc? So it's just the cabinet, PC, speakers, monitor and the mGalaxy software?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

My brother bought an arcade from dreamarcades.com. $$$$. but if you want something that works with minimal effort it's pretty cool.
If you want authenticity build your own with a CRT and the appropriate 4 way and/or 8 way joysticks for the games you want to play.

Looks like a decent machine, but there doesn't appear to be support for Daphne and Dragon's Lair is the main reason I want one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-s-talk-about-a-mame?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.