(Topic ID: 230233)

let me hear some quality sounding music (for headphones).

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mike_oldfield_tubular_bells_album_cover (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 10.39.54 am (resized).png
bridge (resized).jpg
51Aeds4OHTL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm interested in some ideas of new (to me) music to buy.

I'm a big Pink Floyd, NIN, Bowie fan while I have a lot of the classic rock music like Led Zeppelin, Stones, Sabbath, Queen etc..

I was just listening (with headphones) to the Rodger Waters CD Amused to Death which I've listened to a bunch but not with headphones and I was picking up things I'd never heard before (usually in a crappy car or iPod type earbuds).

My favorite NIN is ‘The Fragile'

I like all Pink Floyd generally like 'Animals, The Wall, Wish you were here, The Final Cut' I know Dark side is well regarded but to me the other are my go to Floyd.

I hear Porcupine Tree is supposed to be like Floyd and I was reading something of Radiohead is supposed to be great.

So if you could give me some ideas like what's some great artists/albums that are in the Floyd/NIN and Bowie I may not have tried before.

***Especially interested in music that really can get more from with nice headphones.

51Aeds4OHTL (resized).jpg51Aeds4OHTL (resized).jpg

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All Waters bow to The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking.
Clapton's guitar on 4:41 am (Sexual Revolution) is a classic.
Def a headphone album

I’m a big fan of that album, The final Cut as well.

#12 5 years ago

have a few headphones but something like Sennheiser HD600

Not sure the others but in that range.

I typically listen on CD but suppose if there was a higher definition format that would play on a Bluray player? or is the remastered CDs ok?

I'm not sure about lossless format, would I download onto a thumb drive and play on my AVR USB port?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-me-hear-some-quality-sounding-music-for-headphones-?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.