Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

So I have a WTB on Mr. Pinball as I do here. Get an e-mail from this guy saying he had a machine for sale in Michigan, I see no ads on Mr. Pinball for that. Google him and he's got a rep for pulling stunts on a Corvette forum, also from Michigan. Anyone know this guy?

#2 10 years ago

If he already has a rep on another board (even if unrelated to pinball) I would steer clear.

#3 10 years ago

The fact that you even have to ask tells you that this will end badly.

Those games you seek are commonly available. Take your time and you will find them locally = the very best way to buy.

#4 10 years ago

Space Shuttle perhaps, Centaur not so much at a price I can afford. I realize it's a popular title, but many run upwards of 2500 nowadays. I just can't swing that. I've had a line on a Space Shuttle, didn't pan out, another that is in the area is way overpriced for its condition. Another I have a line on is also overpriced, and I'm not talking a hundred bucks either. I thought I'd ask/post just to bring it to the attention of anyone here who might possibly be scammed.

I've already learned quickly how frustrating, brutal, and sometimes mean this hobby can be. Think you have something lined up...

Some things I am patient for and I need to learn that in this hobby as I haven't been at it long. That said, I've already had at least three experiences with things slipping away. I know I'll find the right Space Shuttle at some point, it's Centaur I'm thinking isn't so commonly available. Maybe I'm too obsessive for this hobby. Although it does seem to be an obsessive sort of hobby...

I sometimes am not the best at being happy with what I have. So for now I'm just working on being happy with the small collection I already have. Whoever I first read on this forum that said that you can't just have one, pinballs are worse than Lays in that manner!

#5 10 years ago

I also got an email from Snook yesterday, I asked a couple questions and haven't heard anything back yet...glad I saw this thread. Thanks for putting it up.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I also got an email from Snook yesterday, I asked a couple questions and haven't heard anything back yet...glad I saw this thread. Thanks for putting it up.

Exactly why I did. Pinball must be his new haunt. I haven't replied to him nor do I intend to.

#7 10 years ago

They made over 5000 Centaurs and 7000 Space Shuttles so there are plenty to go around.

Deals come along all the time on unrestored ones for both titles.

Keep your eyes open.

#8 10 years ago

here is the one he sent me. I am looking for a Special Force playfield. he kinda a screwed up this one with ad listed on my subject which is my subject lol spammer fo sho
    Matt,

Have you had any response to your wanted pinball ad listed on my subject
    Email?? Please do reply, i have got one up for sale.

Thanks,

Snook

#9 10 years ago

He keeps it the same..doesn't even capitalize the "I"

Jim, Have you had any response to your wanted pinball ad listed on my subjectEmail?? Please do reply, i have got one up for sale. Thanks, Snook

#10 10 years ago

Be cautious.

#11 10 years ago

Suspicions confirmed. My want ad is for a CV apron. I just got a cut and paste response about a complete CV with green vein powder coat that he wants $8K. Crisis averted.

#12 10 years ago

I don't even need to copy and paste his message as it's already appeared above!

Now, does anyone near Georgia have a Space Shuttle or Centaur they want to sell me at a non-astronomical price?

#13 10 years ago

Glad you posted this. I just got email from him yesterday about a Steering Wheel Plastic I need for Captain Kidd. He claimed to have it, but didn't do PayPal. I asked about having it sent COD and he wants a deposit to arrange shipping. I was worried and now I can see I as justified.

Thanks,

Greg

#14 10 years ago

I also got am email from him for a part I was looking for.

Thanks for posting this up!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Now, does anyone near Georgia have a Space Shuttle or Centaur they want to sell me at a non-astronomical price?

Dear sir/madam,

I have the item(s) of which you have requested. Please contact me for instructions on remitting of payments and they will be posted immediately.

Kindly,

Grabbing Swipe

#16 10 years ago

He emailed me because he claims to have a NOS fishtales pf and wants $1500 for it. I just ignored him.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Dear sir/madam,
    I have the item(s) of which you have requested. Please contact me for instructions on remitting of payments and they will be posted immediately.
    Kindly,
    Grabbing Swipe

I'll be contacting you immed...damnit!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lessing-snook-anyone-know-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.