(Topic ID: 73692)

Less than a day after tech paid to go through game TZ clock problem, warranty???

By DaveB

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

A local tech charged $300 to go through entire game and make sure there were no problems with the machine. Less than 24hrs later and less than 5 games later the clock is continuously running even when I put it in clock disabled mode. This was a game that I just traded for and the owner paid the tech $300 to go through the entire game and make sure everything would be working properly because he wanted to make sure i wouldn't have any issues. Now that this problem has occurred I called the tech who said he would talk to original owner and call me back. Four hours later no call back. To be clear, the $300 was just to make sure it would function correctly. He did not replace any rubbers or novus the field or anything etc. Do you think he should warranty his work for at least 24 hours?? Thoughts??

#5 10 years ago

I guess everyone's entitled to there own opinion but in business if something is wrong less than 24 hours later that you were paid to make sure is functioning I feel good business ethics would be to solve that issue. I own my own business and I sure as heck would solve an issue if something came up that quickly.

#6 10 years ago

And I certainly would call the customer back after I stated that I would instead of just leave them hanging.

#8 10 years ago

It likely is something simple and I will take it apart and check tomorrow when I have time. But your analogy of a home inspection couldn't be further from the truth. The home inspection relieves the seller from responsibility but if the inspection company misses something then the responsibility rests on them. That is the *purpose* of paying for a home inspection.

#12 10 years ago

Giving it some time is exactly why the tech/business has not been named. Just looking for opinions on how everyone else feels he should handle it. The thing that upset me the most was he told me he would call back and couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone and follow through with a call back.

#15 10 years ago

He said he was going to talk to the original owner of the machine and then call me back. I confirmed with the original owner that he had talked to him nearly 4 hours ago. I will wait to open up the machine until I hear back from the tech/company. On another note, the original owner is a great guy and is very responsive even though this problem has nothing to do with him at this point. I wouldn't hesitate to trade with him again.

#17 10 years ago

Yeah. I guess you are correct about that. In most cases you can get the cost of the inspection back though.

#59 10 years ago

Update:: still no call back. Another person helped me diagnose problem with the clock. Problem is it won't run backwards and for some reason that keeps it constantly spinning ever since hitting the powerball jackpot. Maybe that was the first time in the 5 games it tried to go backwards (5 games is very lienent number too, I would say no more than 10 played balls)?? Pulled out dc motor control board and am sending it to get repaired. And on top of that the reason half the lights in the backboard are intermittent and dim is that the connector is burned up. Connector definitely didn't burn up from the game being turned on for less than 30 minutes. This is the major red flag to me that the company/tech is a hack and essentially stole $300. If you're paid $300 to completely go through a game you'd think even an imbecile would see and replace a burned up connector.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Where are you located? I sure someone here would be willing to help you out.

I'm located on border of Concord and Clayton in the Bay Area of California. I should be able to fix the issue with a little guidance but the main point is the tech is a hack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 29.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/less-than-a-day-after-tech-paid-to-go-through-game-tz-clock-problem-warranty?tu=DaveB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.