Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Coming faster than I want it to but we are getting very close to another great show here in Central PA. Anyone that likes a nice relaxed show will love York. Plenty of machines on free play and ample number of vendors but somehow York always has a nice relaxed feel to it? And it is my understanding there is a Beer thing going on at the York Fairground also. Even though I don't drink beer it sounds like the perfect weekend for most people.

#2 8 years ago

See u there. Looking forward to it.

#3 8 years ago

How is Saturday at York compared to Friday? Do games/vendors leave early similar to Allentown? Just wondering if its worth the trip.

#4 8 years ago

Being very honest I have never gone on Saturday and it isn't because I am worried about lack of selection -- I just never seem to have the time. Last year I never even made it into the show on Friday when I went - I just dropped stuff off to people in the parking lot and had to get right back on the road. It really bugs me that Fall is always sooooooooo busy for me but this year I plan to hang around a few hours Friday and might try to get back Saturday for a couple hours.

Hopefully someone else will reply for you about Saturday but I think it would be worth the trip. For some reason Allentown seemed to end early on Saturday this year but I don't think York is as bad as far as that goes?

#5 8 years ago

Skip, Saturday draws a lot of foot traffic, seems to slow down early afternoon. Still worth the ride out, best deals on that day also. See you at the show.

#6 8 years ago

I missed last year on my way home from Ohio. Definitely heading out this year. Will be looking for an X-Files, Freddy or BttF.

#7 8 years ago

Looking forward to the show. Took a noob to allentown show and he loved it. So much so that he's coming to the york show also, and bringing another newbie. Fun time, sign me up for the next decade....looking for...
    Tfle br dw twd t3 wof cftbl radical rbion and willing to bring almost anything from my collection for the right trade or price. See you there!!!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Skip, Saturday draws a lot of foot traffic, seems to slow down early afternoon. Still worth the ride out, best deals on that day also. See you at the show.

That's my concern... it slowing down and everyone leaving shortly after I arrive. It's about a 4 hour drive each way.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

I missed last year on my way home from Ohio. Definitely heading out this year. Will be looking for an X-files, FREDDY or BttF.

If you don't find these at the show and would be willing to drive into western MD about 1hr 20minutes from the fairgrounds, I know of an Xfiles and Freddie both for sale in the same town.

#10 8 years ago

Wrong thread

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

If you don't find these at the show and would be willing to drive into western MD about 1hr 20minutes from the fairgrounds, I know of an Xfiles and Freddie both for sale in the same town.

Can you shoot me a pm with some info?

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

That's my concern... it slowing down and everyone leaving shortly after I arrive. It's about a 4 hour drive each way.

The only thing I can suggest is to hit the road from your place around 5 AM (6 AM at the latest) and arrive as early as possible. I know it kind of sucks to have to get on the road that early but that way you should have 4 or 5 good hours at the show before things start winding down.

From my experience with any type show - very few people stay set up until the end but most should be their till around 1 or 2 PM anyway.

#13 8 years ago

Not much talk here about the White Rose Gameroom Show just over a week away now. Lets make it another great show by making sure we keep talking about it. These days it seems there is always more talk about what is Sterns next game or which LED's to put in a machine. Vintage pinball and the great old classics are still what makes this hobby fun.

20 or 30 years from now the machines they are making today will be trash. Playfields do not hold up, surface mounted stuff on boards that can't be replaced by most people. Expensive game specific motors and other parts being made in China (and we all know how good stuff from China is). I doubt you will see many people trying to fix that stuff up when it is 30 or 40 years old. There is nothing better than the classics and the best place to enjoy those is a good local show.

Keep supporting the shows and keep this great hobby growing! Be sure to take or tell a friend also!

#14 8 years ago

Sorry duplicate

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/less-than-2-weeks-till-york-white-rose-gameroom-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.