(Topic ID: 47468)

LE's sold out...so how did you get yours?

By VolunteerPin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Here is a post for those of you who scored a Metallica LE...

I personally had no interest in that but was amazed at how quickly those sold out. I'm assuming many went to distributors but am curious how individuals were able to get in on the deal. This is the first big release I've seen since starting this hobby so am ignorant of such things.

Please enlighten me how you went about getting your LE...congrats and I hope you enjoy it.

Darin

#2 11 years ago

What I had to do will never fall upon human ears (cue dueling banjos).

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

What I had to do will never fall upon human ears (cue dueling banjos).

The most disturbing line in all of movie-dom: "Boy, you got a pretty mouth."

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Here is a post for those of you who scored a Metallica LE...
I personally had no interest in that but was amazed at how quickly those sold out. I'm assuming many went to distributors but am curious how individuals were able to get in on the deal. This is the first big release I've seen since starting this hobby so am ignorant of such things.
Please enlighten me how you went about getting your LE...congrats and I hope you enjoy it.
Darin

Stern sells all of the games to distributors, and distributors sell the games to the public. Stern sold out the U.S. allotment to distributors within an hour, according to their announcement on FB. By the end of that day, it was more difficult to find distributors with any left. Some people suspect there are some distributors holding on to a few.

In the other thread showing the poll, 97 people from Pinside have claimed to have purchased one. That's almost half of the U.S. allotment, although some of those answering the poll could have been part of the foreign allotment. At any rate, 20% of total made went to Pinside buyers who answered the poll.

I got in on a group deal with five other guys from my local pinball group. We are having all six games shipped to one location, and the distributor gave us a good deal because we ordered so many.

Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California

#5 11 years ago

saw Metallica and StarTrek coming based on posts here, called my retailer weeks ago, he was ready with his order for 3 LE's for metallica...got one of each (metallica & STrek)

It's really pretty simple, once u stop worrying about eating, paying the mortgage, kid's tuition, taxes, etc and realizing pinball is all u really need, it's easy to buy LE's.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I got in on a group deal with five other guys from my local pinball group. We are having all six games shipped to one location, and the distributor gave us a good deal because we ordered so many.

Ditto for me (I'm in his group)

#7 11 years ago

I rode the lightning!

#8 11 years ago

Didn't hesitate...ordered the second I heard...one of my fave bands (old albums, not new shit), layout and toys and art and music will be great. PPLEASSE Lyman kill it on the code, and it will be a sure winner

#9 11 years ago

After the first picture was uploaded I knew I had to get out of WOZ and get into MOP- after x-men I realized I was a LE/Premium guy... Just for the color changing light effects and the pros are just a little light, and the premium lacked what I really liked the hand drawn cab work. I sent JJ a e-mail and said hey if you have any of these left please let me know. Informed him I was going to fire sale my WOZ and would fund fast - this is my 4th purchase from him and he simply said ok.

It was in the first 5 minutes of the first picture. He said he was amazed at the frenzy but would be happy to set aside a game for me. I was the 7th confirmed person for him... Got a invoice and then watched the next 24 hours in amazement.

#10 11 years ago

I had my quote from GEX right away. When I heard the prem was gonna have the exact same playfield and toys in June, I decided not to put a deposit on the LE. (dopey, huh?)

#11 11 years ago

I am not a Metallica fan... was kinda coasting along with this new release. Then, I saw the art, playfield and toys and had too at least try getting one.

I emailed my rep only after the sell out frenzy, and he confirmed they were all sold out! To my surprise his words were... "Mauro I kept one for you"

#12 11 years ago

I wonder what happened with XM LE? Almost the same number made and same hype. But there seemed to be way less of a hard time to get a NIB XM LE even tho there is no premium to fall back on. I believe there is a contracted pool of Metallica LE created by short supply due to dealers holding back on the actual number for sale.

I guess, I got burned on the XM LE (hype and still unfinished code) and have not got involved with any of Sterns since then (ie Avengers and Metallica, even tho both are to my liking as themes).

#13 11 years ago

Preordered many months ago. Sent deposit a month ago to lock in. Simple.

#14 11 years ago

I didnt want to

Quoted from mnpinball:Preordered many months ago. Sent deposit a month ago to lock in. Simple.

I did this with Star Trek just incase its as cool as i hope it will be...
Not much downside as JJ at GEX will give you 48 hours after the Game is announced to decide if you want it and if you dont he will refund your deposit.

#15 11 years ago

GEX for me. We tend to buy a couple of each new game released by Stern. So I put our deposit on the game(s) immediately. Glad I did!

#16 11 years ago

Yup...as said you have to get a deposit in early. I already have mine in for Star Trek too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/les-sold-outso-how-did-you-get-yours and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.