• 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LitzDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-02-04 12.41.38.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Smart I think. IE - TAFG a wiped out TAFG is worth more than a TAF just because it its what it is.
Both would have to be restored but the TAFG will bring more in the same worn out condition as a TAF.

I believe the same will go for Sterns le's.
One thing I will say is Sterns LE gold and chrome trim is thin and wears out quickly on route.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I have ACDC Premiums, Metallica MOP, Transformers combo, ST Premium, and Avengers LE on route. You have the risk that more stuff can break but that's about it.

Like this sh*t .2014-02-04 12.41.38.jpg2014-02-04 12.41.38.jpg

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

That is so GREAT for the players, but a waste for you. The LE's are a couple grand more than their respective Pro's. It's going to take a lot of plays to make that difference up.

Route 'em!
You will make up most of the extra cash spent buying when you go to sell it.
Routed or not, the LE is worth more.
The operator has more tied up in the equipment cost, but might get more money per play, , get more respect and interest from casuals, , have option to keep the LE for personal collection if wanted
Or just get most of the difference back on the resale market, with a great deal on an LE that would get snatched up pretty quickly.
How you could lose is by "Ruby Red Luci" versions added after the fact, but everyone loses there.

#54 10 years ago

It's a pinball, not a museum piece. They were made for all to enjoy

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from DK:

It's a pinball, not a museum piece. They were made for all to enjoy

+1
They are made to be played.

#56 10 years ago

Do you have non-LEs on location, do the LEs bring in more money ?

I support routing them, more people get to enjoy them. I can imagine that if the LEs are more fun to play then an non LE (subjective I know), that I would throw more money in the machine.

#57 10 years ago

UR My hero

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Guess who is *not* playing it? The so-called pinball enthusiasts . That's the only disappointing part. If enthusiasts were playing it, the earnings would explode.

-Mark

That is where you are wrong, I have several enthusiasts that play my games, I earn LESS from them than the

Quoted from ccotenj: the unwashed masses

Because the only replays they earn are through match, several of my regular players play for 30 minutes or more on one credit. And they drink less than the "unwashed" because they are to focused on scoring well, the "normal" players will get buzzed and keep playing (most of the time, if the games are set to hard and they can't figure out how to make stuff happen they just stop playing)

Quoted from jfh:

I'm not sure why an operator would pay more for an LE to route since I doubt it would bring in enough extra coin to make up for the price difference you are paying for cosmetic differences, but if it's your machine and you are comfortable with it, do it.

If I was primarily an operator, I wouldn't spend the extra $ for an LE in the first place.

When my OP wants a shiny new pin he buys a Prem, or LE and routes it for a year or two to offset his out of pocket expense.
Putting LE's or A list titles like TZ, MM, TAF, or MB on location, is a service to pinball and pinball players less fortunate than us that can't shell out 3 to 10,000 for a new pin. And when all is said and done there is very little harm that can be done to a machine on location that can't be repaired or restored (in the worst case scenario)

Well that's just my two cents, I could be wrong...

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Like this sh*t .

2014-02-04 12.41.38.jpg 118 KB

Yeah, just made that repair yesterday, luckily for me it was still under warranty, got the in line drop advanced repair kit for free, and it only took 2 hours from start to finish to replace

#60 10 years ago

A friend of mine is putting a Star Trek LE on route, we talked about and we both thought the LE would retain a better value in the long term then the premium would. But we did both worry about the condition after it was done

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Go to Town Hall in College Park.
Or Black Cat in DC.
There are others, check the FSPA "where to play" link.

My friend Marc who was in our league here in Champaign recently moved to the DC area, and started up a region for it on Pinball Map:
http://pinballmap.com/dc

-Mark

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

That is where you are wrong, I have several enthusiasts that play my games, I earn LESS from them than the
<unwashed masses>
Because the only replays they earn are through match, several of my regular players play for 30 minutes or more on one credit. And they drink less than the "unwashed" because they are to focused on scoring well, the "normal" players will get buzzed and keep playing (most of the time, if the games are set to hard and they can't figure out how to make stuff happen they just stop playing)

When my OP wants a shiny new pin he buys a Prem, or LE and routes it for a year or two to offset his out of pocket expense.
Putting LE's or A list titles like TZ, MM, TAF, or MB on location, is a service to pinball and pinball players less fortunate than us that can't shell out 3 to 10,000 for a new pin. And when all is said and done there is very little harm that can be done to a machine on location that can't be repaired or restored (in the worst case scenario)
Well that's just my two cents, I could be wrong...

Agreed...except I have very few enthusiasts from our league that actually play outside of league...and the few that are enthusiasts are the ones playing on a couple bucks forever with replays and matches. My machines are generally set to have the most conservative outlanes for the regular peeps...which makes the other "problem" worse.

-Mark

#63 10 years ago

Problem with the Premiums are they come out way after the Pro's and LE's,,so if you want to route the premium game, you have to wait and the new game factor is diminished.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

My friend Marc who was in our league here in Champaign recently moved to the DC area, and started up a region for it on Pinball Map:
http://pinballmap.com/dc
-Mark

I have seen that. Very nice.
And looks to be kept current.

#65 10 years ago

Pinball machines are made to play, no one should have a rule to keep any particular model at home. You ever see how many MM's are on site? They cost much more than an LE and earn accordingly. Besides LEs tend to have more bling so they would attract more players.

#66 10 years ago

There is an ST LE on route at an arcade. Every time I am in there it is being played. The other day there were 2 guys on the game for 3 hours straight. They let me play a game or two with them. It is a great game. I like being able to play an LE in the wild. It is good for pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
$ 1,159.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/les-on-route-a-sin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.